2016 Election Clusterfun

Firedemon

I voted last week. It was nice. I got to pick whichever voting booth I wanted because no one else was there. No Super Tuesday lines for me, just puns.

How is everyone's Tuesday? Mine's Super!

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
The whole South confirmed for shit.

County I'm in went Hillary over Sanders by just 244 votes, even though like a quarter of the population is university students. Shit, shit, shit.

I didn't vote, but that's because I can't vote. These other fuckers have no excuse.

Firedemon

I'm proud to live in a state that at least didn't give it all to Trump.

Though, on the subject of inadequate feelings of Bern throughout the SEC Primary, this article here basically sums up my thoughts. Super Tuesday was predominately southern, conservative states. Hillary won the South, and not much else. Bernie won states that are far more representative of the other 35 states that haven't held their primaries yet. While Bernie probably still has an uphill battle, he is actually in the right position to make that uphill battle.

Last edited:

Requiem

I kinda expected Texas to give itself to Cruz, so I'm not all that surprised there. Glad Drumpf didn't really win there, necessarily.

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
It's worth noting that Sanders and Hilary got about the same number of delegates, Hilary just got a ton of superdelegates to pull (poll?) ahead by that far.

I'm not exactly sure what that means, but it's probably an important distinction.

Firedemon

It's worth noting that Sanders and Hilary got about the same number of delegates, Hilary just got a ton of superdelegates to pull (poll?) ahead by that far.

I'm not exactly sure what that means, but it's probably an important distinction.
The Democratic Party's heavy use of super delegates is actually worrying for once. Essentially, around 20% of all delegates for the Democrats are super delegates and can do whatever the fuck they want. They are basically "the party establishment" and are state level party leaders, certain people holding office, and a whole lot of others. As it stands, over half of the super delegates have already said who they would vote for, with that being overwhelmingly Clinton. The super delegates can change their mind at any time, but that's who they're voting for in the mean time. The reason it looks so bad for Bernie is that he's probably going to get a negligible amount of these super delegates because, well, they are "the establishment" and "the establishment" really doesn't like Bernie. Since they make up around 20% of the vote, he has to beat Hillary by that margin to actually win. Normally, the race is over before the super delegates really have to vote, but this time around we might actually see it go through every single primary.

Also, uh, @AndyM03 I've been considering Australia if Drumpf wins. You need a roommate?

Requiem

The super delegates are just people who get to put their choice wherever they want to, Sanders or Clinton, and most have pledged themselves to Clinton as of this moment, but they could easily change their minds given the time. That's what happened in 2008 with Clinton and Obama. She was beating him by Super Delegates, but then they all switched to Obama when he started getting more votes.

Tolvan

Campaign Killer
The super delegates are just people who get to put their choice wherever they want to, Sanders or Clinton, and most have pledged themselves to Clinton as of this moment, but they could easily change their minds given the time. That's what happened in 2008 with Clinton and Obama. She was beating him by Super Delegates, but then they all switched to Obama when he started getting more votes.
And this is the only thing that gives me hope right now.

In the meantime, I'm gonna keep replaying the end of MGR:R and pretending that Armstrong is Trump.

Requiem

That's the opposite of changing minds, but it's exactly how you create busted kneecaps, so at least that mystery is solved!

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
...Yeah, that's pretty relevant. I feel somewhat obliged to finish college before moving out - maybe somewhere in Norther Europe, if not Canada.
Choose Canada. Less likely you'll get raped, and also you'll speak the primary language. That's a pretty good deal, if you ask me.

Of course, I still hope that Bernie wins, especially since I don't want a bunch of angry, armed American migrants flooding my country and refusing to integrate.

Tolvan

Campaign Killer
Choose Canada. Less likely you'll get raped, and also you'll speak the primary language. That's a pretty good deal, if you ask me.

Of course, I still hope that Bernie wins, especially since I don't want a bunch of angry, armed American migrants flooding my country and refusing to integrate.
Fair. Northern Europe is mostly because my family is thinking of moving there.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Fair. Northern Europe is mostly because my family is thinking of moving there.
Canada's also a lot easier to get through immigration into than anywhere in the EU, unless of course you're already a citizen of some other EU nation.
Protip: go to Scandinavia, but not Sweden.
Why's that?

Top Bottom