2016 Election Clusterfun

Steal Thy Kill

I think you guys are underestimating how profoundly unpopular Trump is with the general electorate, and overestimating how disliked Hillary is. Like, as far as nominees go, Republicans have been poisoning the Hillary well a lot in the past four years; enough that somebody more palatable, like Kasich, would have a solid chance of knocking her off. She's going in with some considerable unfavorables for a nominee at this stage on account of that. But Trump's already looking real bad and that's all self-inflicted. Hillary's poll numbers, just like in the primary, are closer to her floor than her ceiling. Trump probably the same, but his floor is lower and I think his ceiling has less potential. While I expect some more conservatives to move back home as the general fight continues (just as various Bernie Or Bust people will forgive Hillary), Trump's at a severe enough disadvantage and is already kinda not in sync with a lot of Republicans. It's an uphill climb on his part.

Like... like Hillary, dislike Hillary, that's fine. Everybody has a right to an opinion unless your opinion is dumb. But Hillary actually is the heavy favorite here because she is much more popular with the country at large than she is on the internet/with Republicans. I'm actually not sure which of those two she does worse with.

The Hound

Just Monika
A joke so funny, it's been used for a least a handful different republican candidates over the last few years.

Ninja'd by Stealthy but this was to TC post.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Yeah, what Stealthy said. Hillary's base either likes or (mostly) tolerates her, and even most independents are grudgingly willing to accept her.

Lumpy

See, her winning because people dislike Trump does make sense. But at this point, everyone can only learn more about her, and that's never a good thing with Hillary. Most of her supporters probably don't even realize the extent of her blatant corruption beyond the emails, and the Republicans have been smart enough to leave her alone on all of it so far. They even shut up about the emails and the federal laws she's admitted to breaking.

The Hillary attacks haven't even come out yet this campaign. The email and Benghazi bullshit was more an attack on the Obama administration than Hillary herself. Regardless of where the numbers sit now, I can't see Hillary's going up much when the campaigning actually starts. It does suck she's up against one of the only Republican candidates she can win against though.

BigRandy69

I am incredibly surprised that there aren't any fellow Trump-eteers on here. Donald Trump is a great man and only he possesses the power to make the rest of the country as great as he is. Top 5 Reasons Why I Support Donald Trump:

1) I live in Canada, so any potential detriment to the American economy will not effect me too-too much.
2) There exist numerous legal fail-safes that would prohibit the vast, vast majority of any of the things he has proposed (most notably the FBI and CIA would have the authority to veto anything absolutely ridiculous)
3) Acknowledging that a large portion of society supports Trump is acknowledging that a large portion of society is susceptible to manipulation. This does quite a lot in addressing a problem with herd-mentality in how we carelessly process very critical information very poorly just based on careless assumptions.
4) I listened to Pink Floyd's "The Wall" once and now I just like the idea of walls in general.
5) Donald Trumps presidential campaign is the greatest piece of satire ever publicly displayed. I would classify it as a masterpiece in every discipline of high-art.

The value that Donald Trump possesses to me as a form of entertainment, a form of comedy, greatly outweighs every negative aspect that most internet users mistakenly think he's genuinely serious about. It is an obvious publicity stunt (Donald having actually campaigned for the Democratic party years ago) and is a master-crafted exhibit of satire that highlights every fundamental problem with American politics and the voting system. If Donald Trump is literally just trolling he might actually just be the greatest artist of the 21st century.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Fuck.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Not bad enough that they fucked up their own election, they had to fuck up yours next thing. Am I right?

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Of course, as always Canadians ruin everything.
You can't ruin a rotten, maggot-infested shithole like America. A vote for Nickelback is still better than one for Trump, and yet he's effectively sealed the nomination for one of your two parties.

Fuckin' Yankees, can't solve any of your problems so you just blame them on whoever you can find. Buncha dumbasses.

Lumpy

If you hate Canada so much, why do you want to vote for the one guy that wants to make America more Canadian than Canada?

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Cause I hate America more, obviously.

Top Bottom