Ended 2018 Mayoral Campaign Forumafia (Coolpool Elected Mayor. Everybody Wins.)

AndyM03

Town having three power roles against two scum? And anatron's ability being a killing ability?
I'm still leaning where I'm leaning but yeah happy to give Tirin and Dunsparce all the time they need. Also a lot of my posts have been on mobile but I play a bit more casually and also feature an hour commute one way every day, so I won't hold ya to that standard.

Dunsparce

@Tirin @Dunsparce where you guys at?
Well considering you asked that at midnight, we were probably sleeping.

I think the most likely explanation of events last night is that scum decided to roleblock the cop and killed the townie who would be hardest to push a lynch onto besides TC. As it stands, I'm not confirmed town because it could be argued that The Hound bus'd me Night One because everyone was so suspicious of me. I don't think that argument will hold up though, considering how hard I was trying to get him lynched.

No matter how you look at it, this is a risky play on the mafia's part. Who would make a play like this? Probably the one person besides Bob that I've been suspicious of all game.

Lynch Tirin

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
Let's not lynch Tirin until he gets a chance to put some time into a post. Same with Anatron's promised write-up.

I also am sus of Town having so many power roles. I think the only way you could balance that is if mafia could bus drive (confirmed) kill (confirmed) and roleblock (not quite confirmed).

Which, admittedly puts me right back to lynching Tirin.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Alright, I'm gonna see what we've got.
-Claim by TC that he got no data but it didn't seem to be a roleblock (while targeting me) and that the Tirin role is the remaining scum (latter claim up in the air, per Stealthy)
-Dunsparce may or may not be innocent due to Bob's flip (likely he is, given the one-in-seven chance that TC was targeted)
-Andy won't reveal his role (I get you there, buddy)
-TC confirms that he has been roleblocked
-Stealthy fucked up, but probably less badly than TC in his mafia games and certainly with a better retort
-Anatron claims to have targeted me for a kill last night, with no meaningful result other than (potentially) having been driven into Riyant; suggests that the remaining scum can drive or otherwise redirect (seems pretty FFFFUCKING unlikely)
-Dunsparce's argument is "we should lynch Tirin because I've been suspicious of him; after all, he loves taking risks as scum". Nice, that's terribly well thought-out.
-TC suggests that the remaining scum probably has a roleblock, so I should be lynched - as though any scum player with half a brain wouldn't roleblock a claimed cop that they didn't kill.

I'm not a roleblocker, and if I was TC wouldn't have been my hit last night - but I'm getting less and less confident in TC being a cop because he's made inconsistent claims today and seems to be trying to push a lynch on me with that because he got roleblocked. If I were scum you'd probably have been dead last night, TC, possible bussing shenanigans aside.

That said, I'm willing to take a stand for Anatron: I believe him, because I am Wolfy of WNN. As principal debate moderator I have special insight into who a player has been targeted by (that is to say, I'm a Watcher). Last night I was the target of both Riyant and Anatron (and, obviously, myself), though TC didn't show up (I'm not sure whether or not that's because he wouldn't show after a roleblock or because he's lying; will ask Stealthy on that one). This leads me to believe that Town doesn't have a Bus Driver, or at least if we do that I wasn't one of their targets.

So my real question is, who the hell blocked TC's investigation? Because if nobody did it, TC probably didn't have an investigation to block at all.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Pretty sure you don't know what a tracker is. A Tracker, such as Ro (see page 4), would determine who their target targeted; a Watcher, such as myself, would determine who their target was targeted by. Unfortunately, my night 1 walue is wasted because both people are dead; however, I can confirm that Anatron targeted me and so is either telling the truth or is pulling a pretty painfully ballsy move as scum.

Or is that less believable than your theory that scum has a roleblock and kill and had a redirect, which is why you didn't get any information last night?

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
I found out that Riyant had been targeted by himself, and by Bob. Given that Reent seemed fine and we'd had another death, I figured it would be better to keep that one close to my chest; made me pretty damn confident that they weren't both scum, though.

Colonel Thunder

I found out that Riyant had been targeted by himself, and by Bob. Given that Reent seemed fine and we'd had another death, I figured it would be better to keep that one close to my chest; made me pretty damn confident that they weren't both scum, though.
I don't think Bob's role was the primary kill-role. At least his death card didn't say anything about carrying out a night-kill. Also doesn't explain how Ro ended up dead, if the Hound targeted a backup doctor that saved himself.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Not sure I really see your point there; I just assumed that, while it was theoretically possible for both to be scum, it'd make a lot more sense for it to be just one - in this case, Bob, despite how late Riyant got on the lynch-Bob train. It gave me the confidence to bring him down.

@Dunsparce @AndyM03 @Anatronman: I'm not gonna ask for role names (even where they're obvious, cough), but are any of you roleblockers, and if so did you target TC? If not, I think it's pretty safe to assume he's our man, unless he can give a pretty compelling argument otherwise.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
I can't even be sure that Bob tried to bus drive Riyant; since he targeted himself, and to the best of my knowledge my ability resolves after bussing, roleblocks, and etc., either:
a) Bob redirected Riyant to himself, or
b) Bob redirected somebody else to Riyant while Riyant was targeting himself anyway (by no means a bad play for a doctor on night 1).

Unfortunately, the first is a total dead end and the second just gives us "TC still could have been redirected", which we knew already.

Colonel Thunder

The first option is not a dead end. If Stealthy can confirm how your alleged ability works, then the first option would confirm that Bob didn't redirect me on night 1, which would certify Dunsparce as town.

If you've really had this role all along, I'm surprised you wouldn't have thought of that way earlier and sought a level of clarification from the GM.

Colonel Thunder

I'm a little conflicted here. I'm pretty sure Tirin is scum, but we're practically betting the game on that theory if we lynch him.

If Tirin flips Town, the mafia can kill the cop and enter a 3 man lylo with zero confirmed Town, except probably Dunsparce.

Or, the mafia kills someone else and leaves the cop alive (again) which suggests a "TC is bamboozling us all" theory, regardless of what info I have to share in a 3 man lylo.

I'm open to suggestions here.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
The first option is not a dead end. If Stealthy can confirm how your alleged ability works, then the first option would confirm that Bob didn't redirect me on night 1, which would certify Dunsparce as town.

If you've really had this role all along, I'm surprised you wouldn't have thought of that way earlier and sought a level of clarification from the GM.
It's only been necessarily relevant as of today, given the general lack of info about roles. As for Stealthy's confirmation, his words to me were effectively "I would usually say it shows up after roleblocks, but I will neither confirm nor deny for the purposes of this game". You're also assuming that that analogy holds for redirects (though, fair enough - it does make sense that it would be consistent there). @Steal Thy Kill please clarify for the man, if you're willing to.

I'm still waiting on somebody to say "Yeah, I roleblocked TC" in the hopes of getting a concrete "He's not scum" - because otherwise, as mentioned, I'm pretty fucking confident that he is. Anatron's action is accounted for, TC claims to have been roleblocked and therefore gotten no information, and there's one dead.

If he's a scum player then "I got roleblocked" is a perfect excuse to avoid having to confirm somebody else (in fact, extra perfect because he now doesn't have to say "I targeted Tirin and he is town", but rather gets to say "Well I tried to target Tirin but couldn't get anything", which he even tried to push a lynch with earlier today). If there isn't a town roleblocker, TC is almost guaranteed to be scum; he lynched Easy and didn't even bring up lynching Bob (nor actually put a lynch on him) until damn near everyone else had pointed out that Bob was being scummy, and his only confirmation would be somebody he would know full well was a townie to begin with.

He also was "willing to bet his death and role reveal" on knowing who both scum were, right before trying to implicate Riyant - so that's one hell of a something.

Colonel Thunder

The obvious alternative to me being scum is that the actual scum can roleblock, which seems likely given all the town power roles.

My hunches being wrong about both Easy and Jeroth are why I haven't already tossed a lynch on you yet. While there's way more data that points towards you than those two previous cases, I'd still prefer not to risk a mafia gg by trusting my conclusions alone.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
The obvious alternative to me being scum is that the actual scum can roleblock, which seems likely given all the town power roles.
Y'see this? This is making any potential townie roleblocker who might be able to help your case afraid to come forward, because you're using it to suggest that they're probably scum. This is a role madness game (at least, I'm pretty fuckin' sure it is, given that everyone who's claimed anything has claimed to be non-vanilla); town having an assload of power roles is expected, but giving scum that much control of the night phase is insane, even by the standards of such a game.

Furthermore, nobody else has claimed to have been roleblocked for the entirety of the game - you just brought it up after "Oh, I got weird results that mean Tirin is probably scum". I think you being totally full of shit is not only a fact, but an obvious one if we're absent a town roleblocker.

AndyM03

I can't tell if Tirin is gonna manage to get us to lynch our cop when he's scum or if TC's hoodwinked us.
I've had an awful day today, but I will still make a post. I guess i'll say that i'm starting to think less about Anatron being scum and more towards TC/Tirin, but that could be conversation bias. If Anatron is scum then I bet he reckons letting you two butt heads is perfect. Obviously this has ended up being a comment that doesn't say much but I can't commit to a train of thought atm.

Top Bottom