Ended 2018 Mayoral Campaign Forumafia (Coolpool Elected Mayor. Everybody Wins.)

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
I mean, that was a post before the game, jeroth
I'm very well-aware of that. Counterpoint: Tirin and Spite go hand-in-hand.

The reason I voted for anatron was to get activity going. It's actually very common in other mafia communities for the first half hour after the game starts to be filled with completely inane votes and reasonings behind them. They have a name for it, I just can't remember what it was.
Yeah, I'm aware of that the first few hours are shenanigans to open up, that's w-

Not only does it make people question you about why, but the person being voted for may defend themselves. That's why I voted anatron instead of anyone else. He's the kind of person who sits back and waits in mafia, and the only good way of getting reads on someone is if they talk.
Yeah. That's the reason I lynched Anatron as well.

There was a very distinct lack of reasoning or playful banter with it. It seemed more like jumping on the first person who said something that could (knowing this community) could result in a lynch.
I mean, there's reason there albeit flawed. The idea is that TC=mafia, however, it's the TC role; not the player. There's some banter in there though.

As far as the actual mayorial candidacy, we had what?

@BlookyHannah @Tirin @Colonel Thunder @Jeroth @Zircom @Walrus @coolpool2

Technically Wilger as well. I could see a role for maybe Dunsparce, Stealthy, Wolfy, Rondait, or Easy as well with what they as well.

I could see TC and Tirin being villains along with TC/Dunsparce or TC/Wilger.

Don't take my word as law; I'm just speculating on the role and flavor.

Dunsparce

I mean, that was a post before the game, jeroth. The reason I voted for anatron was to get activity going. It's actually very common in other mafia communities for the first half hour after the game starts to be filled with completely inane votes and reasonings behind them. They have a name for it, I just can't remember what it was.

It solves the day 1 inactivity problem quite well, I would have to say. Not only does it make people question you about why, but the person being voted for may defend themselves. That's why I voted anatron instead of anyone else. He's the kind of person who sits back and waits in mafia, and the only good way of getting reads on someone is if they talk.

But yes, let's get conversation going here. I would rather get a Lynch this day phase than not, but I would definitely rather be sure on my Lynch than random guessing or bandwagoning on someone who made a poop mafia game that is fresh on people minds.

Right now, I am leaning on the side of tirin not being suspicious and dunsparce being suspicious. There was a very distinct lack of reasoning or playful banter with it. It seemed more like jumping on the first person who said something that could (knowing this community) could result in a lynch.

I actually agree with TC. The TC role would likely be mafia. Bamboozling all over the place.
"Don't mind me, I'm just lynching someone to get the game moving, but fuck that Dunsparce guy for lynching someone just to get the game moving."

You think that your one random dumbfuck lynch on Anatron is gonna be enough to trigger activity and debate, but my double lynch isn't gonna do shit? Apparently it's already triggered plenty arguing, since you felt the need to write up this long ass blatantly hypocritical post. I don't think you're scum, though. I think you know exactly what you're doing. You think you're gonna piss me off enough to make a furious rant that'll push the game forward. Well guess what Slick, it's not gonna work. I'M AS CALM AS A MOTHERFUCKING SAINT.

I'll sweeten the deal, though and Unlynch TC. I never had a reason to think he's more scummy than usual to begin with. Someone that I do think is scummy is Bob. He's a newbie, so he doesn't know exactly what he's doing, and he brought TC closer to a hammer. Admittedly I did the same fucking thing, but whatever.

I'll go ahead and Lynch Bob to see how he defends himself.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
The bandwagon on TC has already formed with three votes of Tirin, Dunsparce and Bob.

I really want to jump on it because fuck, that last game was aggravating, but I don't want to leave that quick-hammer opportunity available for scum.
Honestly, I'd be extremely suspicious of anyone who had hopped onto it with three players. Those are some non-plays for townies, right there.

For now, I'll toss a lynch on @Anatronman and a Finger of Suspicion on Tirin for not lynching him due to this comment:
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't extremely tempted to do so, but the chance to hate on TC was just too strong - especially with that "100% chance" shittalking.

On top of that, you might ask, "is TC actually that dumb?". And when I think back to Toxic mafia... and Overwatch mafia... and WW1 mafia... I think the answer is "Yeah. Yeah, he probably is." Not enough to base a serious lynch on, but enough to apply a little pressure over.

On the other hand, I can see why Ro3's leaning Dunsparce - and while I didn't super feel that from his first post, I'm getting those vibes stronger now. He hasn't justified his lynch on TC with anything beyond "I'm moving the game forward just like Ro3 did" (mind you, he just put out a lynch that was already there, while Ro3 made the first lynch on a player with a history of being inactive) and then moved off of TC to try and scumhunt the least experienced player... for doing the exact same thing he did but with a better joke. Real fuckin' classy. Unlynch TC and Lynch Dunsparce.

@Easy @Anatronman How about the two of you up and fuckin' say something, though? 'cause honestly, totally ignoring the lynches on you is arguably just as bad or even worse than Dunsparce's shit.

The Hound

Just Monika
Is Dunsparce the worst mafia player? Because that's now two games that his strategy has been to go after the new player. No logic, no reasoning, just let's go after the new guy. Seems like a pretty weak tactic if you asked me.

I'll stick with my choice because nobody else is jumping up at me other than my desire to punish TC.

Dunsparce

Is Dunsparce the worst mafia player? Because that's now two games that his strategy has been to go after the new player. No logic, no reasoning, just let's go after the new guy. Seems like a pretty weak tactic if you asked me.

I'll stick with my choice because nobody else is jumping up at me other than my desire to punish TC.
Yeah, I don't have any logic or reasoning behind going after you. It's totally got nothing to do with the reasons I stated in my previous post. I shouldn't have to say this again since my last post hasn't gone anywhere, but I can see how it wasn't all that clear, so here we go.

Because you're new and at a lower level of skill, if you were scum, you'd do something obviously scummy like jump on a bandwagon to lynch a perfectly good townie. My plan in lynching TC was to see who would try and push that bandwagon forward, and you fell for my trap.

So are ya gonna defend yourself this time or just throw more ad homs my way? It's actually pretty easy to defend against what I've said here, though I'm certainly not gonna give my potential enemy any tips. What's really strange is that you haven't even tried.

The Hound

Just Monika
Let's see I lynched TC because he was a scumlord who accidentally messed up and lynched me last game, I was lynching him regardless of whether you did so or not.

From what I can tell the biggest thing that messes with your theory is that you assume I have enough competence with this game to have a thought out plan and not just randomly lynching someone who has 2 votes because hey maybe we could get someone lynched and LuL let's lynch that jerk TC. Especially since there was literally no evidence to lynch anyone at that point.

As I said when new information arises I could be see myself being persuaded into lynching someone else, but for now for the injustice of last Mafia game I'll stick with my TC vote.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
@Easy @Anatronman How about the two of you up and fuckin' say something, though? 'cause honestly, totally ignoring the lynches on you is arguably just as bad or even worse than Dunsparce's shit.
"Ignoring" something would imply that I was actually aware of it. thx for the ping, though.

Now, I'm gonna Lynch TC for a variety of reasons, starting with his massive incompetence and rolling right over 'cause he lynched me first' and going all the way to 'hey, it's a campaign, and lynching TC is undeniably good PR'.

In summary, vote me for Mayor 2018. Thank you.

Anatronman

"Ignoring" something would imply that I was actually aware of it. thx for the ping, though.
I got my role in the middle of a busy day and wasn't aware that meant the game had gone live.

I mean, that was a post before the game, jeroth. The reason I voted for anatron was to get activity going. Not only does it make people question you about why, but the person being voted for may defend themselves. That's why I voted anatron instead of anyone else. He's the kind of person who sits back and waits in mafia, and the only good way of getting reads on someone is if they talk.
I've mentioned the time difference a few times since OW Mafia, and I've tried a couple different playstyles recently to compensate for it.

And when I think back to Toxic mafia... and Overwatch mafia... and WW1 mafia...
I was one of the most active players in Overwatch from Day I. I'm fairly certain that I was a deciding factor for the Town that game.

In the Great War, I was highly active until one of my posts struck a wrong nerve with the Town and I was lynched. All of my hunches were on target, and the pressure I put on the Mafia caused them to panic and write page-long paragraphs condemning me (which unfortunately led to their victory).

And yeah, I laid back in Toxic Mafia. I was one scum against eight players with unknown roles. I wasn't quite inactive, but I let others take the lead, sure.

However, lynching me based on my playstyle as Mafia is hardly a Day I strategy before I've even seen the thread. If I had to lay down an FoS this early, it would probably be Jeroth because I keep seeing the same tells, but I don't think that's a serious enough reason to put a lynch forward this early.

AndyM03

I had this observation in the morning and a fair few posts have happened since but still holds true as I sit here on the bus tonight. I found it weird that Ro completely agreed with my first (and only) post in his larger argument, yet made no mention of the fact that I had stated exactly what he was proposing. That's not really suspicious in of itself, unless ro is waiting for a more clearly pro town player to attatch himself to, but i'm not going to let that sit there and fester so that some genius down the line can post an Andy/Ro theory down the line.

As for recent developments, I find the TC lynches surprising, maybe because I was on his side for the banter of the previous two poop games. Going against TC though I think it's clear dunsparce's first post, while totally being within the realm of possibility of a joke, was so succinct and direct during an otherwise directionless phase that it clearly warranted pointing out and discussion, which has occured.

I'll dwell on more posts soon sorry. Can't podcast and write at the same time...

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
That's totally pot-kettle.

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
Barely. While your reason for inactivity holds water, I've still posted more than you both in number and substance. We're nearing the end of Day 1 and you've only defended yourself and made a Day 1 lynch joke. Do you intend on contributing any meaningful thought in the next 24 hours, or am I keeping my lynch on you?

@Stealthy we're not within the 24 hours left phase, are we? If we are, I'd like to request an extension. There's actually decent activity happening.

Steal Thy Kill

Current plan is to call the day phase Thursday night, probably around stream time. That'd be roughly 3 days (well, 3 and change, but whatever. I didn't give explicit hour counts for a reason). If I feel the need to extend, I'll probably do another day and call it Friday Night. A prereq for getting an extension is me feeling that the players are truly getting around to a lynch; that doesn't necessarily mean everybody's got a consensus and you're waiting for the last few votes to jump on. Having two-three prime candidates with a few amount of votes on each and just debating between them could count.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
[stuff criticizing things I didn't even say]
I was referring to TC in that post, which is pretty evident considering that... that was the entire focus of that paragraph. Don't take stuff outta context so you can act like it's targeting you just because I gave your inactive ass a ping.

Barely. While your reason for inactivity holds water, I've still posted more than you both in number and substance.
You, uh... you really haven't done this, actually. You've made, in order:
1) a joke post
2) an "I don't think Dunsparce is scum post" (though you haven't elaborated on the shit he's done later, which I'd like to point out he hasn't defended himself for, despite pushing hard for Bob to do so)
3) I'll lynch Easy
4) another joke post
5) Finally get around to "I think Easy's post lacks in substance". While I agree, it's a pretty fucking hypocritical thing to say at the time.
6) This post where you try to threaten a player with keeping your lynch on him instead of doing any scumhunting whatsoever. Just... what?

I'm for lynching TC or Dunsparce. Both have behaved hypocritically as shit so far this game, though I think Dunsparce moreso.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Barely. While your reason for inactivity holds water, I've still posted more than you both in number and substance. We're nearing the end of Day 1 and you've only defended yourself and made a Day 1 lynch joke. Do you intend on contributing any meaningful thought in the next 24 hours, or am I keeping my lynch on you?
Unless you count "getting someone else to contribute" as substance, nah, there's been no substance in there at all. And even if you do count that, thing is, it wasn't you who pinged me to show up here. You're just the guy who started trying to set up a narrative where the pressure's on someone else, instead of himself. Like, for instance...
you've only defended yourself
Implying there was anything for me to defend myself from,
and made a Day 1 lynch joke.
And implying that you were just getting joke-lynched to begin with.

Much as it's Day 1 and most of what we have to go on is based on random chance, people's moods, and cyclical misunderstandings of other people's statements, this kinda super disingenuous seeming 'look-guys-I'm-helping' behavior, from someone who definitely isn't, still strikes me as about as much of a red flag as one could expect for the phase. And if I'm wrong, oh well. At least I won't feel all that bad about it.

Ro Ro Ro

I can see some scumminess coming from easy's first post. Especially the lack of content. However, we still have lives, and he could just be busy. I would like to hear who he is currently suspicious of other than TC.

In fact, if you currently don't have a vote on someone, I definitely want to hear your oppinion. Who are you currently suspicious of, why don't you have a vote on them, and some sort of question you would like the person you are suspicious of to answer.

I'll start.
Unlynch anatron.
Right now, the person I am most suspicious of is easy. Him only having two posts, I would like to hear more from him before I decide to put my vote down. The first thing that I want to know from him is why his post was so short after realizing the game was a thing. The second thing I want to know is why he thinks TC is going so hard on him suddenly.

I have other suspicions. TC has definitely created a divide between him and easy, so that would definitely be another one. Lastly, there is Bob. Not because he has said anything that has been suspicious, actually the opposite. If he is as new to this game as he is, how was his defense so clean? Any mafia would put effort like that into a defense, but not every new town would.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
I can see some scumminess coming from easy's first post. Especially the lack of content. However, we still have lives, and he could just be busy. I would like to hear who he is currently suspicious of other than TC.
Any reason I'd have to be suspicious about somebody other than TC isn't really even worth mentioning, though I will point out that I feel like the people sighting on Dunsparce are forgetting he's Dunsparce. The guy has pretty decent instincts at this point, honestly, but he fucks up communicating 'em from time to time, and I doubt the situation with him is anything more than that right now.
Right now, the person I am most suspicious of is easy. Him only having two posts, I would like to hear more from him before I decide to put my vote down. The first thing that I want to know from him is why his post was so short after realizing the game was a thing. The second thing I want to know is why he thinks TC is going so hard on him suddenly.
1) I mean, it was pretty late at night. Really, I thought I was rather succinct, summed it up nicely, easily met or exceeded the general standards of post substance that had thus far been demonstrated throughout the game, and was more generous with my time than if I'd waited until the next day to be more articulate.

2) Never said or suggested that he was going hard on me. My issue is how much it looks like he's just deflecting, which is a scum thing to do.
- Now, in all fairness, weird thing about that is him choosing me to deflect onto, (assuming he's scum), once people started bugging him on Day 1. Seems like a pretty obviously dumb thing for a real scumboi to do, right? Yeah, I'll grant you, it does. I'm willing to take that risk, though, because that's exactly the kind of thing Thunderclaw would think was a really clever play at the time, only to have it pointed out to him how obviously dumb it was after it failed.
-- (Alternatively, I'm wrong, and we lose a pro-Town Thunderclaw. Which is also completely fine, when you think about it...)

EDIT: Oh, damn, it wasn't even late at night at all. Turns out I was just a sleepy boi yesterday, actually.

Top Bottom