Ended 2018 Mayoral Campaign Forumafia (Coolpool Elected Mayor. Everybody Wins.)

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
Implying there was anything for me to defend myself from,
@Easy @Anatronman How about the two of you up and fuckin' say something, though? 'cause honestly, totally ignoring the lynches on you is arguably just as bad or even worse than Dunsparce's shit.
"Ignoring" something would imply that I was actually aware of it. thx for the ping, though.
That is what I was referring to.

And implying that you were just getting joke-lynched to begin with.
Now, I'm gonna Lynch TC for a variety of reasons, starting with his massive incompetence and rolling right over 'cause he lynched me first' and going all the way to 'hey, it's a campaign, and lynching TC is undeniably good PR'.

In summary, vote me for Mayor 2018. Thank you.
Which of these reasons isn't a joke lynch? It looks like all of them with the possible exception of the first.

2) Never said or suggested that he was going hard on me. My issue is how much it looks like he's just deflecting, which is a scum thing to do.
Aside from your vote, what was I deflecting from apart from joke lynches? Until you started posting about me, I don't think anyone's been discussing the merits of lynching TC besides punchline 1 (The TC role) and punchline 2 (revenge for toxic mafia). We've established a recent track record of meaningful discussion on Day 1. I don't believe the majority is going to go through with a successful joke-lynch when we have some actual substance here.

- Now, in all fairness, weird thing about that is him choosing me to deflect onto, (assuming he's scum), once people started bugging him on Day 1. Seems like a pretty obviously dumb thing for a real scumboi to do, right? Yeah, I'll grant you, it does. I'm willing to take that risk, though, because that's exactly the kind of thing Thunderclaw would think was a really clever play at the time, only to have it pointed out to him how obviously dumb it was after it failed.
Most people here have played a game or two where I'm scum. When have I demonstrated such reckless scum behavior? I'm not double-checking my math here, but I'm pretty sure I've reserved all my bullshit mafia strats for when I had a low-power role and didn't otherwise have a fun way to impact the game. Attacking you Day 1 is usually a player's suicide. If I was looking to deflect I'd have hit that 'sparce wagon and call it a day.

I find you more suspicious than anyone else right now, Easy. Your play-style seems different. And I'm not drinking your kool-aid like usual. That's the reason I'm focusing on you.

(Alternatively, I'm wrong, and we lose a pro-Town Thunderclaw. Which is also completely fine, when you think about it...)
This idea completely negates a town power role. It's also a lousy idea given the amount of content we have to look at now. I think you're just covering your bases when I flip town.

EDIT: Oh, damn, it wasn't even late at night at all. Turns out I was just a sleepy boi yesterday, actually.
You missed the game starting and went to bed early. You've already established this. I feel like you're going back to it just to further your credibility of going from most inactive to most active.

At this point I'd rather see an Easy lynch than a Dunsparce one. I'll hammer Dunsparce if we have mere minutes left in the day, but otherwise I'm sticking with my gut.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
If I had to lay down an FoS this early, it would probably be Jeroth because I keep seeing the same tells, but I don't think that's a serious enough reason to put a lynch forward this early.
I opened with the statement of facts, what I would do and why I'm not going with that route and then segued into a lynch on Anatron. I didn't want to explain why Anatron, since I feel like it removes more pressure when it's "I'm just doing this to see if it hurts." Then Ro came in and explained the rationale behind why he did it, which took out the impact of the decision. I responded and theorycrafted about future roles.

I genuinely want to write more, but I'm literally falling asleep. I can say the pot calling the kettle black since Anatron is doing what he usually does and gets suspicious of me.

With the recent development between Easy and Thunderclaw, I'm honestly wanting to see how this plays out assuming we have the extension. For now.

Unlynch Anatron.

I will say: I don't plan to lynch Dunsparce and I recommend that people pull off of him. Before there's any questions, it's not anything guaranteed like a mason, but I have a sneaking suspicion about him and his role. I'm looking more towards this Thunderclaw or Easy.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Oh, Christ. The flailing "Easy isn't playing like he usually does" argument. What's that make, five Day 1's in a row where I have to go through that one again? Man, this shit's getting repetitive.

Yeah, I'll get on that tomorrow, if at all. Just groaned too hard to not call it a night right now. I mean, I didn't even do a thing this time.

Anatronman

Well, this is the scummiest page of the game so far. I'm not quote farming this, so I'll just line up my thoughts in order.

I quoted Tirin to respond to Jeroth and Ro's point about my playstyle, not because I was responding to Tirin.

Andy pushing a lynch on Dunsparce for #antagonism doesn't scan when he's being less antagonistic than pretty much everyone else.

TC's woke post is the most suspicious in the game so far in terms of really diving in and tearing into Easy's clearly uninvested and lethargic first two posts.

Easy isn't scumhunting beyond the activity he's created by yawning in chat. That's atypical but not really enough to base a lynch on imo.

Jeroth is ignoring the fact that he was Mafia both times I went after him. I only brought it up because his first sentence in the game is again, apologizing for not posting more.

My current assumption is that either Easy or TC is Mafia. I haven't decided which of them is our better bet, but I will before the end of the day.

Colonel Thunder

Oh, Christ. The flailing "Easy isn't playing like he usually does" argument. What's that make, five Day 1's in a row where I have to go through that one again?
True, that has happened once or twice before. I'm a little surprised at your casual dismissiveness of everything else I said though. You only responded to the single flimsiest observation, of which I had already mentioned was gut.

And I'm pretty sure the last time you were accused of acting strange on Day 1 was when you were actually acting really strange, people called you on it, and then you explained some mental gymnastics you did as to why you were deliberately playing weird.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Which of these reasons isn't a joke lynch? It looks like all of them with the possible exception of the first.
I mean. The third one's mostly just a joke.
Aside from your vote, what was I deflecting from apart from joke lynches? Until you started posting about me, I don't think anyone's been discussing the merits of lynching TC besides punchline 1 (The TC role) and punchline 2 (revenge for toxic mafia). We've established a recent track record of meaningful discussion on Day 1. I don't believe the majority is going to go through with a successful joke-lynch when we have some actual substance here.
1) No, we haven't, and
2) No, we don't. Hell, with so many other people here still taking the time to write up posts that amount to nothing more than unnecessarily-wordy public declarations of indecision, I'm having a hard time even hating on your plays anymore.

But, meh. In lieu of a better idea, might as well stick with it.
Most people here have played a game or two where I'm scum. When have I demonstrated such reckless scum behavior?
As a GM.
This idea completely negates a town power role. It's also a lousy idea given the amount of content we have to look at now. I think you're just covering your bases when I flip town.
No, it doesn't. An incompetent pro-town power role is often much more of a liability, and less of an asset, than an incompetent vanilla townie. Of course with some roles, like Doctor, that's never the case, but roleblocker or vig? Well, that's another thing entirely.

Dunsparce

I don't think you are honestly, and to go along with the others, i'm getting #antagonist vibes from you. Like, self defensive scum antagonistic vibes.

Lynch Dunsparce.
What, you're saying you think I'm a jester? That's ridiculous. You'd have to be a complete asshole to make a jester role in a game like this.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
I still can't help but notice that Dunsparce has totally failed to defend himself... as has Easy. If I'm not mistaken, it's three lynches for Dunsparce and one for Easy. The trouble is that I'd have expected Easy to, y'know, actually try scumhunting instead of making bad deflections himself - and for his reason for lynching TC not to both start and end with "you were a bad GM, which is clearly the same as playing a game" alongside the weak accusation that TC is deflecting and the even worse implication that "TC might be town, but he's dumb so fuck it" (admittedly something I went for in Overwatch mafia, though it was "TC is obviously scum or a town player who will probably start shooting me, a townie").

So, y'know - as far as better ideas than lynching TC (or even Dunsparce) go, I think I've got one. Unlynch Dunsparce; lynch Easy. It's a risky play, but the potential reward is fuckin' huge.

What, you're saying you think I'm a jester? That's ridiculous. You'd have to be a complete asshole to make a jester role in a game like this.
So... you're saying that there is a Dunsparce role, and it is a jester. 'cause that seems pretty fitting given what happened with the election.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Nah, that's dumb. I've been more than generous with the amount of time I've spent responding to a buncha nothingness already, and "Easy hasn't defended himself from fuck-all as much as I've wanted him to" isn't some fresh new thing for me to answer to. Screw that, I'll be back if/when something novel and significant happens.

AndyM03

How on earth did you take a sentence that clearly reads "pressure is getting to Dunsparce" to say that I think you're the jester?

I can't honestly say I agree that Easy is a better lynch then Dunsparce but I'm also happy to go that. Running on the assumption stealthy will warn when we have 24 hours to go.

Dunsparce

I still can't help but notice that Dunsparce has totally failed to defend himself...
You can say that all motherfucking day, it's not gonna magically start being true. I made a lynch on TC that was partially a joke, partially to see how people would react. Bob decided to continue that bandwagon so that it became dangerously close to a hammer, a pretty scummy maneuver that could end in a townie getting lynched and minimizing town's information on Day 1. This is like the third time now you fuckers have made me repeat myself.

Honestly, though, your response is a bit more interesting than Bob's at this point. You've extrapolated all this meaning out of my initial joke post while selectively ignoring my own explanation for my actions.

I can't honestly say I agree that Easy is a better lynch then Dunsparce
*than

The Hound

Just Monika
Ok I guess it's time for me to weigh in now that things have actually happened.

So from my perspective as a newbie I can't really tell if Easy is acting strangely or not, or if his delay and subsequent lack of interest in posting is justified. I tend to feel like I want to give him the benefit of the doubt on that, though from my history with Easy I know he is a cunning motherfucker so I guess his moves absolutely could be intentional. As for TC he's being agro as fuck, super certain that Easy's behavior is suspicious which absolutely makes TC extra suspicious as well. Lastly there's Dunsparce who claims to have all these plans, theories and blah blah blah, Dunsparce showed very similar behavior last Mafia where he was a special role, so it makes me absolutely suspicious of his behavior. Everyone else is either fairly neutral, or at the very least acting like they normally do.

So here's what I'm going to do out of the 3 people that have stood out, who's the most dangerous if they were Mafia? That answer is either Easy or Dunsparce. I have little faith that TC can hold up to the scrutiny he's facing for long if he's truly a scumlord. I feel like the behavior of all three seems pretty equally suspicious so I'm going to go with who I think is the most dangerous. Sooo.... Unlynch TC

Lynch Easy

Steal Thy Kill

Extension granted. Day Phase 1 new deadline is tomorrow night, before I go to sleep.

I believe the Vote Count is as follows:

TC - Easy
Easy - TC, Tirin, Anatron, Bob
Bob - Dunsparce
Dunsparce - Andy

Colonel Thunder

For the record I do not have an awesome read on what Dunsparce's game is. But I don't think he's a jester, or else he wouldn't have mentioned that possibility (thereby playing against standard jester win conditions).

AndyM03

Thanks for the extension Stealthy, I suppose I can wait for Easy to give one last defence if he feels like it but I'm also just as happy to hammer now, noting his previous disinterest. If nobody replies in an hour or so I'll probably hammer.

AndyM03

Nah I think people have made up their minds, which is the actual purpose of the time extension I believe.

Unlynch Dunsparce
Lynch Easy

Top Bottom