Ended 2018 Mayoral Campaign Forumafia (Coolpool Elected Mayor. Everybody Wins.)

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Naisu. This is probably the part where all the other scumhunter-wannabes start frantically pointing fingers at Andy, but that's really not my problem anymore. Eat my ass, suckaz. EZ out.

Steal Thy Kill

...Blooky?
Yup.

The forumers came to a consensus, and targeted the latecomer. With few loyalties to fall on, and everybody else having a head start, it seemed logical that this would be just another in a long line of bad decisions. They gathered around her, knives in hand.

“For Christa”

“For Pete”

“For TC’s ass”

“For Kenny”

And so the first forumer fell. It was a mistake... at least in terms of the investigation. Keeping around somebody who liked Nickleback was always questionable for our sterling reputation.

Easy, you are Blooky, the Candidate of Questionable Judgement!

You are Pro-town.

Actual Nurse IRL: You are Thunderclaw's live-in partner, for reasons nobody quite understands. As such, you've needed to be ready for more emergency first-aid care than you would in any hospital. Each night, you can save somebody from dying.
Day 1 End. Night 1 begin. Deadline is Saturday Night, on account of my schedule for the weekend.

Steal Thy Kill

The forumers gathered together in the morning, and found one missing from their number. It appears that somebody murdered the ever loving shit out of Dunsparce, and he is unable to bring his trademark antagonism to the meeting! Everybody shrugs, and moves on with their lives.

@Ro Ro Ro was killed last night.

Ro, you are Dunsparce, the Guy Who Kicked Off This Nonsense!

You are Pro-Town

Dropped Out: Because you dropped out of the race, the other candidates are making you sit at home and watch. Well screw them! You'll watch alright. Every night, you'll watch somebody and see who they target.
Day 2 Begin. Deadline is Tuesday.

Dunsparce

Considering how pathetically flimsy the arguments against Easy were yesterday, I think it's fair to assume that both mafia players lynched Easy. The only ones still standing who didn't were me and Jeroth, so if I'm wrong, Jeroth's gotta be scum and only one of the five is his partner. I will now attempt to break down the various attacks on Easy from yesterday to see who's the scummiest.

TC lynched Easy because he was inactive at the time, and he pretty much just forgot to unlynch him.

Tirin lynched Easy because he 'failed to defend himself' implying there was ever anything to defend against (there wasn't), and also because he was 'behaving hypocritically.'

Anatron lynched Easy as a joke.

The Hound lynched Easy because he could be mafia, and if he were, that would be worse than if anybody else was mafia. Kinda dumb, since if he were town it would be equally good to keep him alive.

Andy lynched Easy just because the day had to end at some point, and the lines were pretty clearly drawn in his mind. Not exactly a scummy thing to do, though he hasn't inspired much confidence elsewhere.

Between those five, I'd say the best lynch today is Tirin. Like I said, all he did yesterday was ignore me and Easy's arguments and then berate us for not defending ourselves. The best actual argument he could come up with against Easy and I was that we were being hypocritical. But does hypocrisy really make us scum? No, it provably doesn't by the fact that Easy flipped town.

Lynch Tirin

I can't wait for him to put up a huge rant about why he can't be scum so I can ignore it and say "you're not defending yourself."

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
TC lynched Easy because he was inactive at the time, and he pretty much just forgot to unlynch him.

Tirin lynched Easy because he 'failed to defend himself' implying there was ever anything to defend against (there wasn't), and also because he was 'behaving hypocritically.'
Yeah, I'm sure TC "just forgot" to unlynch him after two pages of saying "You've been playing strangely by doing no scumhunting and shitposting like mad instead, please explain or try to scumhunt because all you're doing right now is saying everybody else is wrong".

What Easy did was make a joke lynch, then complain about getting targeted when people pressed him for more - while totally avoiding any scumhunting behavior. Acting like that behavior is totally normal from a townie is stupid. Encouraging it is worse. For that matter, I never called Easy a hypocrite to begin with - I called you and TC hypocrites.

Between those five, I'd say the best lynch today is Tirin. Like I said, all he did yesterday was ignore me and Easy's arguments and then berate us for not defending ourselves. The best actual argument he could come up with against Easy and I was that we were being hypocritical. But does hypocrisy really make us scum? No, it provably doesn't by the fact that Easy flipped town.
What kind of logic is this? "Easy was town and being hypocritical (not even something I claimed), so if I'm hypocritical I can't be scum"? Both of your arguments in defense of yourselves sucked balls, just like this one does. Anatron had noted beforehand that he thought Easy was playing weird, and the post he quoted looks like the straw that broke the camel's back - but you dismiss it offhand and call it a joke lynch. Riyant said that he'd like to see a TC or Easy lynch, and not being aboard that lynch doesn't mean that he didn't agree with it at the time.

I can't wait for him to put up a huge rant about why he can't be scum so I can ignore it and say "you're not defending yourself."
I don't need a huge rant to defend myself; I hunt for scum and try to make sure players are active, inactive players included.

Right now you've misconstrued the actions and intentions of myself and other players while trying to clear yourself with the shittiest reasoning I've ever seen, and seem to have already decided that I'm the person to lynch today - with no apparent interest in giving a shit about what I have to say. Lynch Dunsparce.

For the record I'll be gone for most of this evening, so don't expect much more for posts until tomorrow afternoon.

AndyM03

Wading through all the words, Tirin effectively just went straight for a counter lynch, which normally might raise some eyebrows. However I can't argue with his conclusion. While TC gained steam as a joke lynch turned serious, Dunsparce was a real hot item the other day, and I was the last person to move on from it. Not only that he immediately enters Day 2 trying to re-invent the narrative of Day 1 to fit his own agenda. I mean, self-preservation is a goal for all townies, and it's a shame Easy, the doctor, fell as he did, but the way Dunsparce is going about it continues to fuel suspicions I've had for an entire game day.

I would think Tirin might wait a little bit longer before diving into his lynch, as much as I agree with it, but I can never read Tirin. Personally I also advocate a Dunsparce lynch but i'll wait for more people to post. At the very least he brought up Jeroth, who could have been a bit more decisive, and I have to agree with that. If we move too quickly and we're wrong, players like that are gonna slide in a win quite easily.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
I ain't gonna make bones about this and there's no point to. Dunsparce came in here with a load of bullshit and that's a bonafide fact - one that all of you can readily observe. I agree with you on letting more people talk so we can make sure we hit scum, though can't help but notice that Dunsparce has totally failed to defend himself (probably because everything I said is entirely true). The stench of his villainy burns my goddamn nose.

@Jeroth @Anatronman @The Hound @Colonel Thunder get in here, have a look, and start talking. Some second opinions would be nice, especially since we've effectively wasted like half of this day phase. Nice going.

AndyM03

At least TC gave his excuse in advance. Yeah definitely agree, Dunsparce is my biggest suspicion and he's definitely taking advantage of everybody else's silence but that doesn't excuse the other players.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
At the very least he brought up Jeroth, who could have been a bit more decisive, and I have to agree with that
Thanks for the shade, man. It's really sunny out and I needed that coverage.

I didn't lynch Easy because I was not comfortable being the hammer on a lynch that I was not 100% confident about.

@Tirin @Dunsparce - I'm shocked the both of you forgot about how suspicious @Colonel Thunder was in the first day of the game and you've moved on to being at each other's throats. Either way.

I was honestly going to write a lengthy analysis on one of the other players, but I'd rather wait for more information. For now, @Tirin - read through Dunsparce and Stealthy's posts carefully. As far as his role goes, it shows fairly obviously. I think he's just barking up the wrong tree first and he's very uncaring and abrasive in terms of how he plays.

Lynch Colonel Thunder.

From what I can tell, it's incredibly obvious his playstyle is very off-putting and not traditionally what we're used to seeing. The man has been bamboozling us with lengthy posts of fluffy nonsense.

-Roleclaim away, but do not specifically copy from the PMs. You can claim names and powers at will.
When have I demonstrated such reckless scum behavior? I'm not double-checking my math here, but I'm pretty sure I've reserved all my bullshit mafia strats for when I had a low-power role and didn't otherwise have a fun way to impact the game. Attacking you Day 1 is usually a player's suicide.
Since you seem to have reckless abaddon for your current role, roleclaim for us. What name and power are you? We might as well start putting the pieces together.

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
Just got back. Going to unpack and go to bed shortly thereafter. Haven't done more than skim the thread yet but I don't think Dunsparce should be on the hots eat when we have so many who haven't said anything, myself included. I canread thread and post more developed thoughts after work tomorrow.

The Hound

Just Monika
I have to agree with Jeroth beyond his off-putting playstyle TC is also the person who led the charge on Easy claiming that Easy's behavior was abnormal, while all the while acting incredibly strange and hella aggressive. I personally think TC needs to answer for why he was so damn sure it was Easy acting bizarrely. Feels incredibly likely that TC was pushing attention off himself and we fell for it.

I want to see what TC has to say before making a decision.

(Also sorry bout not being active it was a super busy holiday weekend)

Colonel Thunder

Very curious as to what @Anatronman has to say since he hasn't posted this phase.

Bob, I will post more tonight after stream.

Jeroth, I will share role info with one concession. What is the name of your role? i. e. Blooky, Dunsparce, etc

Anatronman

I'm much more curious as to what you have to say. My opinion yesterday was that one of you or Easy was Mafia, and he ended up being a particularly uninterested Doctor. You've had two days since this phase started and your only action has so far has been information trading.

Colonel Thunder

I'll post after work/stream tonight, roughly 8 hours from now. That should be plenty of time for anyone to contest what Jeroth just said.

@Steal Thy Kill please confirm extension to Wednesday afternoon at least? The holiday weekend was a brutal day phase for multiple players

AndyM03

It feels like TC's been off on the wrong foot all game and his posts read like some awkward stumbling admist with real life chaos. I am growing warmer to a TC Lynch at this point, because I can only let that go so far without it becoming against the town's interest, but my original Dunsparce suspicion has had nothing happen to alleviate it, and his silence admist the growing TC pressure doesn't look good.

I wonder if Walrus could be an anti-town role? Chaos and insanity is definitely that man's instrument. I don't think Jeroth would lie given it being the first role call of the game.

Top Bottom