[ADULT] 2018 Mayoral Election: The Vote (Results)

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Your opinions are appreciated and all, but that'd be a case of somebody registering an account just to vote in the election. Which is exactly what this provision was intended to prevent.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
I don't... think that that's really the case, and dispute that judgment as erroneous. If I win, Scarvexx will get a vote!

: ^)

Ibix

Hello everyone; Dearest regards.

I'm Scarvexx, I like old-school RPG's and running games. I think a lot of you know me (because I'm egotistical) but it takes a little nudge before I tend to remember people (because I'm an idiot).

I'm mostly here to try to run and play in forum games, I've always like the concept and I know for a fact you're a great bunch of fellas (and lady) to do it with. My reading comprehension isn't superb so bear with me when I miss something. Just pretend you're talking to a sea sponge, get those standards way down.

Hope To Play Well, Scarvexx.
https://machentertainment.com/threads/and-also-scarvexx-was-there.791/

Czechmate, also posted April 10th, 2018.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Then his vote was never an issue to begin with... there was never anything preventing him from having his vote counted, by the rules I had set up.

Which means that if he votes in the same manner as everyone else, then his vote will be counted. Just like everyone else who fits into the criteria specified, and also Balth.

Happy?

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
He's also an Australian forumer, if I'm not mistaken, so it may be worthwhile to add him to your opening post. Along with TC, cough cough, another felon with multiple convictions.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Oh, is that so? In light of that, actually, in retrospect it'd probably be best to just remove the footnote altogether.

EDIT: Done.

Post-EDIT: To further clarify, TC has no felony convictions, and so cannot be considered a "known felon" from a strictly legal standpoint.

Ibix

I don't know when they plan on doing the count so you best vote now buckos.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Votes submitted after midnight EST tonight will not be counted.

Ibix

Round 1: Tirin - 3 Blooky - 2 TC - 2 Zircom - 1 Jeroth - 7 Walrus - 2 Coolpool - 4 Pally - 1

Round 2: Tirin - 3 Blooky - 2 TC - 3 Jeroth - 7 Walrus - 2 Coolpool - 5

Round 3: Tirin - 3 TC - 5 Jeroth - 8 Coolpool - 6

Round 4: TC - 6 Coolpool - 6 Jeroth - 10

Final result: Jeroth 19 of 22 votes

Jeroth is our new Mayor!

Congratulations on your victory dude!

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
I'd like to extend my congratulations to Mod-Mayor Elect @Jeroth. It was (for the most part, at least) a clean race and, thankfully, I'm being succeeded by someone who I'm confident will do a solid job. Hard to complain about "not the results I wanted most, but certainly my second choice".

I'm pleased by all of our candidates, though. Here's to a bright, active, and shitpost-filled future.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
My apologies for the delay. I had been at the gym, work and running Enmity to the point of exhaustion.

Party Thread
Right Honorable Justice Easy Rider, Administrator Reconmaster, Previous ModMayor Tirin, fellow Mach Citizens.

I'm sure many of you didn't expect to see me up here. I'll be entirely honest; I didn't see it happening myself. The will of the people was overwhelming within the first round of voting and onward. I must admit, I am flattered that so many of you put your faith in me and I hope that I can live up to your expectations.

My original platform was Anti-Bamboozling. This originated from one of my opponents: @Colonel Thunder - a duplicitous man whose conniving nature brought one of the most popular community events - Jeroth v. Thunderclaw. An event that was so popular; it's arguably one of the core events that brought the Mach Renaissance.

With the reading the threads and polls along with the discussion, I have realized that the other candidates and I have not differred dramatically on our opinions. We believed in putting the forum first. We believed in creating new content. We believed in calling coolpool cute. We all come for each other's company.

With that in mind, I would like to step away from the Anti-Bamboozling Party and switch to a new party. A party that is a synthesis of the previous platforms. One where we blunder through our lives trying to create something we can proudly share. One where we are able to play games and laugh nostalgically at the past. One where we act selflessly and provide services and enjoyment for every forumer. One where we do not maliciously bamboozle each other.

This unified party will put the priority in the hands of content creation and its users. Some of the issues that we have had in activity, which I believe comes from the lack of content. By encouraging content, we will be capable of higher user retention. By creating content, we may be able to encourage new individuals to join our band of impish misfits. And finally, I would like us to grow together as we have in the past decade. Together, this band of users will form the Fellowship of Mach.

This party will be named: The Fellowship of Mach.

Thank you very much for your time and support.

If there are any questions, I am always available on this thread

Walrus

Congratulations to Jeroth, and an excellent speech.

The Nostalgia & Games party is proud of their tremendous successes in the first round of the preferential vote, and will continue to bolster this community with quality fun engagements that are easy to jump into (when not drowning in other off-site priorities).

Last edited:
Top Bottom