A New Video for this Week

Artistunknown

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello everyone, as our efforts to provide "frequent" content to you guys, here's a new video:

This is a failed attempt by me, at doing a Nuzlocke run of Pokemon Fire Red. I was expecting it to be short but... wow. I will continue (rather start over) this at some point, when I have a more appropriate recording environment, and hopefully I'll last longer, lol.

Alex says this is pretty funny, so I guess that's as good a reason as any to watch it.

More videos are in the works!

Also, sidenote: This was unintentionally released super close to Pokemon's 20th anniversary, so that's cool.

Last edited:

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
I love nuzlockes and pokemon, I've been wanting to try nuzlocking a Touhou firered hack that also makes the game harder. It's real bad luck to lose on the first battle.

Artistunknown

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I love nuzlockes and pokemon, I've been wanting to try nuzlocking a Touhou firered hack that also makes the game harder. It's real bad luck to lose on the first battle.
Yeah, nuzlocke is a really interesting concept. I've wanted to do one for a while. I was originally gonna do one for Crystal, but after replaying it, that just seems a bit too hard with how varied the Elite Four is, so I'm sticking with Fire Red for now, and I'll see how it goes from there. I'm not sure if I would try a nuzlocke of a hack, from what I've seen it can be pretty scary and confusing lol.

And yeah, definitely not a good sign losing in the first battle, especially with how it turned out here, I still don't understand how he just somehow got faster mid-battle. There are some things I could've done to prevent that though, and I'll be taking precautions to make sure it doesn't happen next time lol.

Requiem

If you do a hack, do Fire Red Omega. It's a great hack that gives every gym leader 6 pokemon that make sense for them to have, as well as making the game all around harder, but fair. I think every trainer has 6 pokemon as well, but I could be wrong. They also included every single pokemon available when Fire Red was released, so you can catch pretty much anything but the legendaries. The starters were changed as well and I think it was an inspired choice, for the most part. Magby, Elekid, and Smoochum are the new starters and that's cool because they're more or less different types from the original starters. Magby is still fire, sure, but his moveset is different from Charmander's, so it's interesting.

Pokemon also evolve at different levels. It's essentially a balance hack, but a very good one nonetheless. I don't use any other hack for Fire Red.

Artistunknown

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
If you do a hack, do Fire Red Omega. It's a great hack that gives every gym leader 6 pokemon that make sense for them to have, as well as making the game all around harder, but fair. I think every trainer has 6 pokemon as well, but I could be wrong. They also included every single pokemon available when Fire Red was released, so you can catch pretty much anything but the legendaries. The starters were changed as well and I think it was an inspired choice, for the most part. Magby, Elekid, and Smoochum are the new starters and that's cool because they're more or less different types from the original starters. Magby is still fire, sure, but his moveset is different from Charmander's, so it's interesting.

Pokemon also evolve at different levels. It's essentially a balance hack, but a very good one nonetheless. I don't use any other hack for Fire Red.
This sounds pretty cool. I'll keep this in mind if I wanna do another nuzlocke after this one. Sounds like I'd need to brush up on my Pokemans skills a bit before taking that one though, heh. Elekid as a starter seems interesting, when I played through Crystal last, I got Elekid from a mystery egg, and that was cool 'cause I think I only saw like 1 other electric Pokemon throughout the entire game? I don't remember, there wasn't a lot of fire or electric Pokemon in it though, that's for sure. He also didn't know any electric moves, so he was pretty useless... hmm, I take it back, Elekid sucks it seems. Smoochum seems interesting though and I don't really remember Magby. I'll look into it though.

Requiem

Elekid is usually my starter. He gets a lot of the elemental punches fairly quickly. Magby is cool too, great fire starter. Smoochum I never used, but I know Jynx gets ice attacks eventually, so having early level ice moves in any version of Pokemon Red is bananas.

Top Bottom