Another Winblows 10 Thread

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
4f8c4bf718613332e000680b.png
Just got the anniversary update and it's been nothing but a terrible time. I was actually streaming while the update was installing in the background. Kinda funny too, I was testing a new setup for the equipment and because of it you can see mid-stream when a Window's popup notified me that Windows WILL shutdown in 2 minutes for updates. I continued streaming up until it shutdown.

After the computer came back up, it proceeded to try to reinstall the update. It had previously failed and reverted. Repeat 3 or so times and eventually I decided to take an active role in the update. I stopped streaming and playing games and left the computer for around half-an-hour to update download and install the update.

Since I manually instigated they installed, they gave me an option of when to restart. I restarted and SUCCESS!! This time during shutdown it started taking care of the updates. On reboot (which strangely enough it wasn't rebooting as much as shutting down and making me manually turn the PC back on) I was greeted to the updating screen. This took another half-hour. Luckily I had a phone and Netflix so I caught up on BoJack Horseman's new season. I highly recommend it.

Finally it finished up and began a similar experience to when you buy a new PC with Windows 10. Welcoming me was a new start menu and some minor aesthetic differences here and there. There's more cool things going on with the update but to the average user, not much changes. The largest aesthetic difference was my background reset. Okay, whatever.

Things are now great on my PC. I didn't have to reconfigure my monitors and most of my settings stuck. Let's play gayms.

BLUESCREEN.

Okay, I read the bluescreen and a cool new feature is that BSODs now come with QRcode. It points to the most useless page on the Microsoft support site (which is a true achievement). Luckily I have a bit of IT experience and I knew immediately it was related to driver issues.

Windows removed my video driver during the update. It replaced it with a generic Microsoft driver from 3 months ago. Why!?

Reinstalled and hopefully smooth sailing.

</rant>

Attachments

Top Bottom