ARK: Survival Evolved

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Gentlemen, we've once again found a game that suits our fancy. This time around a friend of ours is hosting it and so there's no cost to keep it up and running. We're inviting all of you on the forums to join us.

If you're wondering what ARK is, make sure to check out my Twitch streams. I'll have another one going live today around 3 or 4 pm. I'll answer any questions and you can see what the game is like.

http://www.twitch.tv/machentertainment

Like all the other time we've hosted we have no guarantees to how long we'll host.

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Going live really soon guys. The stream is probably already up as I set stuff up.

Null Hypothesis

Donor III
So I've been contemplating this game for a while and I finally got it. So now that I actually own a game for a server we host I might have to get on from time to time.

Artistunknown

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
So I've been contemplating this game for a while and I finally got it. So now that I actually own a game for a server we host I might have to get on from time to time.
It's a fun game but it's really poorly optimized right now. It seems to be getting better though. We've been playing for several hours for the past couple days and it's been great. I'm not sure what the best way of finding the server is, but it's currently called DankSquad, so search that in the unofficial servers list. It's not currently 24 hours, but it's being worked on and should be soon. We'll be sure to announce whenever it's up though so people can join in.

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
The server is now 24/7 most of the time. It goes down once a day though due to the updates the commit daily.

Null Hypothesis

Donor III
It's a fun game but it's really poorly optimized right now. It seems to be getting better though. We've been playing for several hours for the past couple days and it's been great. I'm not sure what the best way of finding the server is, but it's currently called DankSquad, so search that in the unofficial servers list. It's not currently 24 hours, but it's being worked on and should be soon. We'll be sure to announce whenever it's up though so people can join in.
You are right, it is poorly optimized, I can still play at a decent framerate on the lowest settings.

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Here's a tip for anybody. Right click steam and click launch parameters and then paste in the following.
Code:
-UseAllAvailableCores -sm4
Basically the -sm4 forces the game touse Shader Model 4 and DirectX 10 instead of 11. The result is that a bunch of the visual candy is removed for the sake or performance. It looks pretty much the same but you'll notice some visual glitches. The game wasn't built for DX10 but in the interim it makes for a decent way to enjoy the game before they can optimize it.

Top Bottom