Bye Danny~

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
I can confirm that the n-word on its own is filtered. That was set up so long ago that I nearly forgot about it. I find it kinda funny that it can so easily be circumvented by appending another word to the end but considering the filters were put in place in place with the original intent of being dumb and not actually censoring that's fine. It also censors gram_mar into grammer

Requiem

Nah, some faggot-ass mod probably changed them. I saw Dunsparce's post when it still had the word niggerfaggot. I guess this post will test that though.

If we do have some kind of new filter or something I honestly wouldn't care. There was nothing wrong with what Dunsparce posted though.
I don't think there was anything wrong with it either, but since your post still has the word "niggerfaggot" in it, it's not a word filter thing.

Hopefully it was just a silly joke that wasn't received well. Tirin doesn't seem to have done it though, so I dunno.

Requiem

I can confirm that the n-word on its own is filtered. That was set up so long ago that I nearly forgot about it. I find it kinda funny that it can so easily be circumvented by appending another word to the end but considering the filters were put in place in place with the original intent of being dumb and not actually censoring that's fine. It also censors gram_mar into grammer
That's what I assumed, yeah. Still weird that someone directly censored those earlier posts. I take it you didn't do it, Recon?

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
It was not I. Ironically despite this being my site my mods always get to things long before I do and even if I do see the content first most of the time I browse so casually that I pass right over offensive content without giving it second thought. Is it sad that I've become so desensitized to it that this occurs? Maybe we should make words that are new and more offensive?

Milamber

Donor III
Much as I'm not particularly impressed by the thread and its sentiment, can't say I have a lot of sympathy for the way Danny behaved. Not gonna edit people's posts, but I agree with TC in that the use of those words looks a bit... well, bad, despite the joking context. That said - I'm just not gonna say it myself. I don't feel it's being used at all in a discriminatory or rule-breaking fashion here.
I can't attest to his recent behaviour. However, I think how we respond is just as important. It would have been simpler to say nothing or to post in Discord or the Forum simply stating: "Danny has left the forum" and closed it after.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
It also censors gram_mar into grammer
This is extremely degenerate.

I don't think there was anything wrong with it either, but since your post still has the word "niggerfaggot" in it, it's not a word filter thing.

Hopefully it was just a silly joke that wasn't received well. Tirin doesn't seem to have done it though, so I dunno.
I wasn't even here for most of the posts in this thread until now, I was almost completely absent yesterday (and earlier today) for the sake of a cabin trip in which I exercised my body and exorcised my demons.

Maybe we should make words that are new and more offensive?
I've got you covered, my glip glop!

I can't attest to his recent behaviour. However, I think how we respond is just as important. It would have been simpler to say nothing or to post in Discord or the Forum simply stating: "Danny has left the forum" and closed it after.
True enough. That said, given the very dramatic context in which he announced things I'm willing to forgive it; I just want it made clear that I'm not (nor do I think anyone else means to be) setting a precedent of "this is generally acceptable" by doing so.

Top Bottom