Casual Goals/Accomplishments Thread

Requiem

Day 2 in the gym. I'm starting to recognize people. I'll be headed to the gym by myself on Friday, so I'm curious to see how that goes. My arms feel like they're going to fall off, but I'm happy that I feel so sore and that I'm challenging myself.
Make sure you don't push yourself too hard. I was just reading one of the top AskReddit posts from today and it was all about "what mistakes people make when they start up at the gym?" People usually push themselves super aggressively, see a big change in their weight and muscle mass in the first few weeks, but then crash hard and don't go back, only to repeat the process every few months/years.

Not saying you're doing that and I'm pretty sure you've worked out before (I remember you saying that you did in the past at least) so maybe this tip isn't necessary, but definitely take things really, really slow. It's not about pushing yourself hard and lifting huge amounts of weight, it's mostly about eating right, doing a comfortable amount of weight, properly lifting and controlling the weight, and performing lifts and movements in their entirety.

I'm mostly just good at regurgitating info though, so take what I've said with a grain of salt and confirm it yourself if you need to. All things considered, just take it slow, the results will happen even if you don't think they will.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Not saying you're doing that and I'm pretty sure you've worked out before (I remember you saying that you did in the past at least) so maybe this tip isn't necessary,

I've been working out for a year now. I just hit the gym but I lifted before. I appreciate the advice! I just double up on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Every other day is rest.

Requiem

That's what I figured, but I couldn't remember if it was you or someone else mentioning that. I have trouble keeping all the little details straight, haha.

But yeah, anyone else who might be getting into working out some time soon for the first time, don't push yourself too hard. Just go slow!

The Hound

Just Monika
It's a little crazy the amount of that I see this time of year, since I pretty much live at the gym. People who are determined to accomplish their New Year's resolutions of losing weight trying to lose it all in a single workout, it's scary. What's sad is a large portion of those people I'll never see again after this month is over, it's sometimes easier to start a goal than to follow through and finish said goal.

Just one of the many musings I have while I lift heavy things.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
A healthy lifestyle is formed from healthy habits. It's always best to take things slow and do them over time.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Not really sure if this is the place to put it since it's not really a casual goal or accomplishment, but I think it makes a lot more sense than the Forumer Chat Thread and I'm sure as hell not going to make a thread of my own for it. Look, and be amazed - all emphasis and edits mine, of course.

Requiem

You created something, Dunsparce. Not to be cheesy, but that in and of itself is an accomplishment. Also pretty damn funny, honestly. You and TC should make a webcomic together or something.

AndyM03

Snapchat-1121529239.jpg
I never wanted to use my wireless headphones at the gym but they were perfect for the row machine, will definitely have to do this more often. Still had energy to go for a run after as well.

The Hound

Just Monika
I can't workout without wireless headphones, but I have little ones that go in my ears. The amount of times I had headphones ripped out of my ear because of the wire was too damn high.

Also I absolutely love the rowing machine.

Requiem

I just wanna say I'm extremely proud of you guys. No particular reason, just way to go, all of you. You're all doing so amazing, it's great to see!

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
I can't workout without wireless headphones, but I have little ones that go in my ears. The amount of times I had headphones ripped out of my ear because of the wire was too damn high.

I'm not gonna lie: I've spent an absurd amount of time on one of those things using just Assassin's Creed: Black Flag's Sea Shanties for a playlist. (Hashtag: Working Out Like A Nerd.)

AndyM03

Yeah I can't stand wired earphones at all. Wireless earphones would be the dream, like you have, but I already invested limited funds into my good wireless headphones for commuting which is part of the reason why i'm hesitant to use them for anything but rowing.

Top Bottom