Community Anime Rewatch Hub - Cowboy Bebop ( Starting July 1st)

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
The Rules
* One Episode Per Day.
* Assuming @RECONmaster is cool with it, I was thinking of making a new thread for each episode. If this takes off and we all really enjoy it, I would suggest maybe adding a sub-board for rewatches so it doesn't filter out other content.

For future series, there may be plot heavy things that people want to address or note without spoiling it. Thankfully, we have a spoiler tag which is done by writing the following:
Code:
[spoiler=Mach Entertainment Election] Jeroth wins. [/spoiler]
This will appear as the following:

Jeroth wins.

We will be starting off the first anime rewatch with the classic - Cowboy Bebop.

Summary: The Bebop crew is just trying to make a buck, and they’re the most entertaining gang of bounty hunters in the year 2071.

This is a series of vignettes pertaining to an eclectic cast of characters. I have never watched the sub and I've been tempted to give it a watch, but I'm just an absolute sucker for the dub.

Note: You do not have to watch the dub; if you want to watch the sub, go ahead!

With that in mind, Cowboy Bebop is notoriously good for its english dub. I'm dead serious. It managed to survive above all odds with the weirdest phase of bad dubs and stood out as a crowning gem.

For the scheduling of Cowboy Bebop, it will be as follows:

Code:
July 1st, 2018 - Asteroid Blues
July 2nd, 2018 - Stray Dog Strut
July 3rd, 2018 - Honky Tonk Women
July 4th, 2018 - Gateway Shuffle
July 5th, 2018 - Ballad of Fallen Angels
July 6th, 2018 - Sympathy For the Devil
July 7th, 2018 - Heavy Metal Queen
July 8th, 2018 - Waltz for Venus
July 9th, 2018 - Jamming with Edward
July 10th, 2018 - Ganymede Elegy
July 11th, 2018 - Toys in the Attic
July 12th, 2018 - Jupiter Jazz (Part 1)
July 13th, 2018 - Jupiter Jazz (Part 2)
July 14th, 2018 - Bohemian Rhapsody
July 15th, 2018 - My Funny Valentine
July 16th, 2018 - Black Dog Serenade
July 17th, 2018 - Mushroom Samba
July 18th, 2018 - Speak Like A Child
July 19th, 2018 - Wild Horses
July 20th, 2018 - Pierrot Le Fou
July 21st, 2018 - Boogie-Woogie Feng-Shui
July 22nd, 2018 - Cowboy Funk
July 23rd, 2018 - Brain Scratch
July 24th, 2018 - Hard Luck Woman
July 25th, 2018 - Real Folk Blues (Part 1)
July 26nd, 2018 - Real Folk Blues (Part 2)
Here's the thread, Space Cowboys.

Last edited:

Tag_Ross

Well, seeing as I'm the one who thought about this I guess I'll suggest some titles first.

Title - Total Complete Seasons/Episodes

Devilman Crybaby - 1/
Cowboy Bebop - 1/26
Full Metal Panic! - 1/24
Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid - 1/13
GATE - 1/24
Overlord - 2/26(Ongoing)
FullMetal Alchemist - 1/51
Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood - 1/64
Re: ZERO - 1/26(Ongoing)
Code Geass - 2/50(Ongoing)
any Fate/Series
Any Gundam Series
My Hero Academia - 2/39(Ongoing)

Milamber

Donor III
Are there any anime genres completely off the table? Or is there any platforms we are exclusively going to use? Eg.Crunchy Role/Netflix

I would like to suggest "Welcome to the Ballroom"
I'm excited this thread exists.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
Hmm, it's hard to think of something that's not super mainstream that everyone has probably watched. Here's my list of what I think are decent and not super mainstream or popular.
-Spice and Wolf
-Log Horizon
-New Game!
-Ghost Stories (Dub)
-Hyouka
-No Game No Life
-The Big O

Tag_Ross

I mean, it doesn't have to be a rewatch, it'd be great to see some people's first reactions.

Ro Ro Ro

I would highly recommend watching Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, or Made in Abyss. They came out around the same time last year, and I would actually not mind watching either one a second time. Very good, underrated stuff right there.

For the stuff that I have not watched and want to. Evangelion, DBZ or any of the Dragon Balls, and The Melancholy of Haruki Suzumiya.

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Spice and Wolf is probably one of my all time favorites along with No Game No Life which I've personally re-watched a few times. Space Dandy is a good one that I'd watch again, not right now but somewhere down the line for sure.

Tag_Ross

Spice and Wolf has been in my to watch list for so long, I'd love to have a reason to push it to the top of my watch list.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
Dragon maid and MiA are both pretty quality shows. I kind of avoided mentioning those because I thought a lot of people here would have probably seen them already.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Devilman Crybaby - 1/
This series is a classic. I really didn't like it at all, honestly.
Cowboy Bebop - 1/26
This series is a classic. I loved it.
FullMetal Alchemist - 1/51
Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood - 1/64
My understanding is they're the same thing, but Brotherhood is a later rerun that is better-quality and actually completed where original FMA didn't.(?) I can tell you that I will vouch for Brotherhood, though.
any Fate/Series
No. Don't lump them together.

Fate/Zero is the Real Fuckin' Deal. While the others are varying grades of "good," from mild to mildly high-grade subclass of that rating, Fate/Zero is the actual Must See(TM) of the series.

Tag_Ross

Honestly, I didn't care much for any of the Fate/ series, I haven't even bothered finishing Apocrpyha, but I'm sure I'd enjoy rewatching it with the forum and discussing it.

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
My understanding is they're the same thing
You're understanding is close but not quite right. They're similar but Full Metal Alchemist is the original which was an adaptation of the manga. It changed the story and it's complete and on its own it's pretty good. Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood has some pretty strong overlap in the beginning, since the original stuck close to the manga in the beginning but Brotherhood remains more true to the manga to the end and is in my opinion much better.

Megalobox (can be found on Crunchyroll) is pretty good so far. Not really a big fan of the genre but the animation is styled after more classic anime and the end result is pretty cool.

However I normally abstain from watching currently airing anime and there's always good out of season anime to watch.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
All right, so we've had a lot of people post their recommendations.

Megalobox (can be found on Crunchyroll) is pretty good so far. Not really a big fan of the genre but the animation is styled after more classic anime and the end result is pretty cool.
I'd consider it, but a fair chunk of us do a low-key reacting to it each week in the discord. I think it may be a bit soon to rewatch it, but that's me. I do love me some Megalobox though.

So far, Spice and Wolf seems to be a popular option for the community. My only hesitation is it tends to be a bit slower of a pace. Other than that, I'm down.

Being the resident weeb, I'm also gung-ho at suggesting these two as well.

Grand Blue Dreaming! (Link to the PV is there) - Comedy, Slice of Life that's about drinking and college. It premieres July 13th and will be weekly; probably picked up by Crunchyroll. It's estimated about 13 episodes long and, I've never laughed harder when reading a manga. I'm pushing this due to the shenanigans and also with it being aired weekly, it allows us to all react.

Konosuba - (Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku o!, or "A blessing to this wonderful world!") - Comedy, Adventure. - I, uh, really enjoy comedy. I'm a huge fan of the series since it takes the "Isekai" (Brought to a different/fantasy world) Genre and pokes a bunch of fun at it and roleplaying games in general. I'm a huge fan of the cast and the show. The comedy is fantastic, but not for everyone. There's two seasons,

Other than that, please try to get back to me soon.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
I'm down for Bebop, so i'm waiting to hear a few more in agreeance for it.

My only question. Do we want to have it be an episode a day? Every two days? How long do we want each discussion for an episode to run?

I'm honestly all for 1 to 1.

Top Bottom