Community Anime Rewatch Hub - Cowboy Bebop ( Starting July 1st)

Tag_Ross

I say:

Announce the rewatch two days in advance
One episode per 24 hours
Episode discussion lasts 24 hours
We will need specific start/stop times
Links in the opening posts to the beginning of each day/episode

Milamber

Donor III
I'm down for Bebop. I'm happy enough for an episode a day.

Just say when you want to start the marathon.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
We're starting July 1st. Two days on the dot and it starts us on the holiday, so it's easy to remember what episode we're on.

@RECONmaster - What do you think about a separate subforum for this? Otherwise, we'll overflow on the general discussion. Maybe under Community Events?

Tag_Ross

Make one thread per show, every day we change the name of the thread, make a new post warning that further posts may contain spoilers for the following episode, then link to every day/episode warning in the op.

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Let's just stick it in General for now, something like Tag_Ross mentioned would work well and if it gets popular enough we can make it have its own subforum and daily threads. I'm not really worried about overflow in General, only a few threads remain active there at a time anyhow so it'd be nice to have more activity in it.

Dunsparce

I'm glad you guys got me to watch Cowboy Bebop, even though I was kinda the only one. I'm gonna make a couple recommendations, even though nobody seems to have time to do these rewatches consistently. I think after a heavy drama anime like Bebob, we should watch a more laid back comedy type of show.

Lucky Star - Basically anime Family Guy.
Haiyore! Nyaruko-san - A romcom set in the Cthulhu Mythos. Probably my all time favorite. I still haven't watched the third season.
Watamote - The misadventures of a girl with crippling social anxiety. I should warn you, this one can be extremely cringe-inducing, especially if you've dealt with something similar.
Nichijou - Never actually watched myself, but I've heard good things about it.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
I'm glad you guys got me to watch Cowboy Bebop, even though I was kinda the only one. I'm gonna make a couple recommendations, even though nobody seems to have time to do these rewatches consistently. I think after a heavy drama anime like Bebob, we should watch a more laid back comedy type of show.
I am so sorry and I'm very happy that you enjoyed it. I thought that I would be able to keep up, but I was sorely mistaken. The daunting task of falling behind quickly piles up.

I think something we might try to do to alleviate it is: One episode every 2-3 days and possibly a shorter series.

Nichijou is pretty solid. I've seen bits and it's pretty funny. Watamote makes me cringe too hard even when reading. I haven't watched Nyaruko-san, but heard mixed things about it.

Tag_Ross

We could also try watching a show weekly as it airs, but it would be tough deciding what to watch if nobody knows much about it.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
That was pretty unfortunate, yeah; I totally shit the bed, in large part because of personal-life stuff leading to getting behind, and then getting behind leading to pileups like Reent mentioned.

@Jeroth why not go for Cells at Work? It's only a few episodes in, right?

Tag_Ross

I watched the first episode of cells at work and enjoyed it, they're currently 4 episodes in and they release every Saturday, I don't know how long the season is though.

Top Bottom