Community History: Contact Info

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
Alright, so I'll try to make this as succinct as possible.

I would very much like to create an interactive oral history of this community.

Many people here joined this community when it began nearly a decade ago, and several dozen of us have joined the club at various points throughout that journey. A lot of interesting stuff has happened in that time, and without delving too much into the scholastics of it, let's just say that there's so much for ourselves and others to learn from analyzing our history together. If nothing else, we deserve to have some kind of record that we can look at years from now and remember what we did together.

I plan on treating this as anthropologic study of sorts, and will likely be working on it for several months. I will be talking to some anthro professors in a few weeks to best understand how to approach this. But right now I'm not going to focus on the logistics or the details of this project. Right now, I need to determine if I have enough resources to even attempt it.

I have a giant list of community members here, both past and present. This is an outdated list with only some additions. If you can think of any past or present community members who aren't on this list, then please let me know so I can add them.

After the list is complete, I'll be gathering contact information on all members, contacting everyone possible, and asking them if they're interested in doing an interview for this study. Then I'll know if I'll have enough voices to make this possible.

But for now, just assembling the list.

So who's missing?

Colonel Thunder

13thforswarn forum
Aethrys/Marked of Kane
AnatronMan
Andy
Arigah
Artist "The New Jesus" Unknown forum/skype
Bailey skype
Barugaara
Bazamm
Bloodmorn Vile steam: bloodmorn vile
Bonhomme
Blubo
Bryaugh/Kit-Kat/newspaper forum/skype
Captain_BALTH
Cecilff2
CelestriaIos
Chartic
Chickenspleen skype
Chillin_Out
Chocks
Chocobo
Chubbikins
CidHighwind
CIFLIT/Lolligagging skype
coolpool forum
Corporate/Tranced
Cow?Thats_a_tavern
Critical Acclaimed
Crowbar forum
cybelasKABOOSE
Fuzzy/Chris-09
Danny skype
Darkblade
Dark Phoenix
Deadbones
Deady
Dark Melody skype
Digital Requiem forum/skype
Dragonruby skype
Dunsparce/Xander forum
E. Laimo
Easy forum/skype
Egg Nog
Egg_Rolls
Electromagnet/person427
Facqual
FantaBadger skype
Farful
Fatscalyman
FighterMcWarrior
fire/watertypewizard
fireburns/kyle skype
Firedemon skype
FireFrost
Final Dirge/Ze French Ghost
Forgefire McCain
Frilzer skype
Geriand
Goldeathorus skype
Gothica Dark
grax_strife
Guvnorium fb/skype
Hector
Hiro
Ibix forum/skype
Jeb skype
Jerach/Cameron
Jeremy Alexander
Junkerd
Kanizo
Kepler skype
KillerKitten/Sugar skype
Kobb/Gavin Dass skype
Kojiro
Korny
Kratour skype
kylentina
Lacrilyn
Lahiem
Lawliet
LegendaryMe/Zec/meh skype
Lord Fuse skype
Lumpy skype
lynexer forum
Madness
Maelstrom/Chipmonger skype
Maretocks fb/skype
Mastermind
Milamber forum/skype
Mocriz
Mordihim
MK skype
Nathan Allen Pinard
Nation
Nifty Ninja skype
Novembergirl
Null Hypothesis skype
0corn
Pankeyman
Pally skype
Peram
Phat32/Tom steam
Piehaxxor
Polly
Pony Slaystation
RandomMan
Ravenhall
Rastoph
RECON/Alex forum/skype
Reaprar skype?
Regis forum
RellyK
Rise of Fenix
Riyant skype
Rob twitter/skype
Ro3minion skype
Rondait skype
Rufus Chamberlain
Sai
S-Unleashed skype
Sadowsky
Saint
SalsyChinchilla forum/skype
Sambo
scarvexx
scythe skype
sHADE
Shadow forum/skype
Shadowbolt654
Sharokk
Shizno/Jaccer forum/skype
Sideshow Bob skype
Sinow
Sir_DragonGuy
Skittles
Skitzy
snikaw_noraa
Sniper Joe
SpecialK skype
Spiffums skype
ST1
Stealthy skype
Stoney skype
Swedishdude
Sunfirecross
Superstuff
T-Blade
Tarn
Tag Ross forum/skype
Tekkenfreak4
The Legless Elite
Thropian
Thunderclaw duh
Tikishades
TimLC
Timth33nchant3r forum/skype
Tirin forum/skype
Tprime
Tropag skype
Two-Dee skype
Twofer
Vance Landow skype
Veloce
VIRULENT fb
Walrus forum/skype
Warthermair
Whitetiger379 Skype
W1LG3R skype
Weirdusername
Wizardchu
Wolfy skype
Xaldin skype
Yokuo
Youma skype/steam
Zapy forum/skype
Zanzibar
Zircom/brothernature forum/skype

Last edited:

13thforsworn

Off the top of my head: Skitzy, Sai, Sunfirecross, T-Blade, The Legless Elite, Hiro, sHADE, Peram, Sniper Joe, Arigah, Fighter McWarrior, Forgefire McCain, Dark Phoenix, Sadowsky, Bazamm, Blubo, Critical Acclaimed, Pankeyman , ST1, Novembergirl, Bloodmorn Vile, Barugaara, Chillin_Out, Skittles, .Korny., Zanzibar, Egg_Rolls, Tranced, Jeremy Alexander, Rufus Chamberlain.

Some of these people are old as fuck, like from 2006, so ya...

EDIT: Chocks, Tarn, Chubikins, FireFrost

Last edited:

Milamber

Donor III
Cilfit, Deadbones, Hector, Kanizo, Nathan Allen Pinard, Ravenhall, Thropian and Tikishades.

13thforsworn

Phat32, Chartic, Piehaxxor, snikaw_noraa, grax_strife, Veloce, Virulent (might have messed up the spelling of the latter two).

Last edited:

Colonel Thunder

Yeah, Corporate and Tranced were the same person. And VIRULENT is spelled as such. I still have him on Facebook, too.

Man, seeing a lot of those names really brings me back. Makes me remember moments in time I otherwise never would have recalled.

Hector in the infamous Pork and Ham thread, Nathan Allen Pinard talking about how he was excited to work on "The Princess and the Frog", sHAde teaching me not to be a complete idiot when I first joined, Bloodmorn's art and pointed humor, Cow's stupid as hell jokes, Chubbikins going through his breakup...

It's just weird man.

Anyways, thanks so much for mentioning all those members! That's a great addition to the roster.

Colonel Thunder

Alright, the next big piece is to get as much contact information as possible for everyone on the list. I've updated the list of names with contact information I already have for each individual, but there's a ton that I'm missing.

If you have literally any contact info for anyone on the list who I don't have info for, please let me know. Whether it's Skype, Steam, email, MSN, I don't care. I want as many people as possible to be able to have a voice in this project.

It's probably a good idea to send me a PM with people's contact info instead of posting it for everyone. I promise that info will not get distributed or anything. I'm not evil.

If you're uncomfortable giving me peoples' info, that's totally understandable. If you'd like, you can just send them the following copypasta message:

"Hi, this is TC/Thunderclaw/Colonel Thunder/Tyler however you might know me from past usernames. If you're receiving this message, then you are or were once a member of either the Unforgotten Realms, Geek2, or Mach Entertainment community.

So, long story short. I'm making a short video game that's essentially an interactive oral history of the aforementioned communities. I'll be talking to a couple of my professors soon, because this might actually qualify as some kind of anthropological study. I'd like to interview as many people as possible from every part of the community, even if you were a part of the community only briefly. The more perspectives this project has, the stronger and more accurate it is. Plus, I want to give everyone the opportunity to have a voice in this little piece of history.

(Clarification: I am serious about this. I've published a couple games already (http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/631174, http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/644265). This is seriously my next big project that I'll be working on for several months.)

I don't know exactly when yet, but sometime probably in the next month or so, I'd like to record a conversation between us where you talk about your experience with the community. If you're comfortable, I'd also like to ask a couple questions about the community. Nothing heavy if you don't want, just like "What did you think of the politics and religion fiasco?" or "What do you think happened to Balth?" If you're comfortable responding to questions like "What did you think of Rob as a leader?" or "Who's fault was the end of Geek2?", then that's even better.

I'd prefer doing a voice interview over say, Skype, but if you're not comfortable with that, text is fine too. You're welcome to share as much or as little as you want, in whatever manner you want. And after the interview is over, I'll send you a copy of the file so you can pick out any parts that you don't want to potentially be published in the game.

Please please please let me know if you're interested in this project in any capacity. Or if you have any questions. And if you're not at all interested, please let me know that as well so I know to count you out.

You can find me on Skype as "thunderclaw27", on Steam as "CanadaGDP", and on email as "[email protected]". I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks for your time."

Last edited:

Requiem

You should add links to your other games so that these people who have been out of the loop know that you're actually serious about this and aren't made of shit and actually have successfully made games, two of them specifically, already.

Milamber

Donor III
You should also make a written record after reviewing each interview. Just so you have a back up in case you do a mass recording session and something goes wrong with the recording.

Top Bottom