Community History: Contact Info

Requiem

Danny had a server, provided it for URealms, people played on it, Rob eventually did something with it when he saw people liked it, basically took it over and let Phat run it, other stuff happened and Danny left.

That's the drama stuff. The fun stuff was that Rob did an event on the server with a character called the Cake Bandit and the whole Minecraft world shifted into a dark, cake based dystopia. All blocks turned into other blocks like netherrack and cake, etc, got covered in spider webs, there was thunder. It was neat. Then over the course of the next week, people got to take down the cake bandit and restore the server to normal. This is also when Bruce Willakers made his first appearance in stuff that Rob did as he was essentially the "good" character on the side of the players who helped lead them against the Cake Bandit. Of course we all knew it was Rob, but it was still pretty great.

Getting passed that tunnel of spider webs in the first part of the "alternate cake dimension" that the Cake Bandit opened up was laggy as hell though. You weren't even walking through spider webs, they were just a new block so they got used and the whole opening tunnel area was basically unplayable unless you had enough RAM to process what the fuck was going on. After you got passed the tunnel though, it was pretty great. That's when me and Bloodmorn snuck off to find a whole in the cake dimension, broke out into the normal map and made a penis statue. Good times.
Man, what a moment this was in UR history.

Also, this thread seems kinda important and helpful.

The Hound

Just Monika
Holy crap the amount of people on that list I had completely forgotten about.

Also I forgot that 13th used to write in horrible yellow text.

Requiem

The fact we have everyone's old usernames is what blows my mind.

I mean... Dunsparce found Balth on twitter, maybe we'll find more people like that?

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
God damn the fucking Cake Bandit. After slaying his ass myself, a part of the story that often doesn't get mentioned, Rob built the motherfucking Tirinia Minecraft server from the ground up and I got a huge castle with a teal roof and moderator permissions for being the savior of the entire land. That was the fucking bomb.

Requiem

It's crazy that Rob built you up on the minecraft server so much and then now he's banned your username on his forums. It's ass backwards.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
I think it's 'cause of how I (in fact, many of us) made him look, or at least feel, like he was the bad guy by telling him how not to run his shit after doing things that made everyone upset. Dude does not take well to criticism.

Captain_Balth

Requiem

I think it was mostly we knew we all left things in a rather negative way when you left and it might come off poorly if we tried to contact you. That and we weren't sure how to get a hold of you, but Dunsparce tried something random and there you have it.

I tried keeping up with Rob, but LoM was my last time really paying attention. I was there for the start of him experimenting with his tabletop stuff on Tabletop Simulator, saw the first session. It was quality, but I never really hung around after.

Top Bottom