Community History: Wiki

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
Okay, so the next step in this big project is to document a timeline of everything that's happened over the near ten year history of this community.

That's uh...kind of a daunting task. So first, I'm thinking we should assemble as much organized information as possible, and only then construct a timeline of events. Tracking down contact info was something I could do mostly solo, but this definitely isn't.

We're going to be using Ibix's wonderful wiki as the base of these operations. I'd like to see a page for every forumer, every big event, every forum meme, every theme (when we had all the livestreams, when we had all the quiz threads), every big thread possible.

I would really, really like some help with this. You all have a lot of perspectives to offer on this. If you'd like to help in any way, please let me know. Even if you just made a wiki page for you, yourself, that would be fantastic. And of course I'll give credit to folks who help out. Every wiki contributor gets a shout-out and some influence over this game. I'd like to involve you all in this as much as possible, it's our own damned history.

Lemme know how you'd like to help. Thanks.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Documenting a timeline of "everything" that's happened in the last ten years may as well be impossible, though it should be pretty easy to get dates for some stuff.

Colonel Thunder

I'm starting by making wiki pages for each community member. Today I've made pages for the following people;

I know very little about Barugaara, Bandanana, Ash Williams, and some of the other folks. Plus, I don't know everything about the other guys on the list. If you have any comments about the personality or activities of these community members, please add them to their wiki page!

Colonel Thunder

I've only found more and more and more and more data. No less than five splinter forums and at this point over a hundred leads to potential old members. Admittedly, I've probably only put 20 hours or so of work into gathering data for this wiki, but every day the amount of document-worthy content grows to where I'm hardly making a dent. I'm never going to be able to assemble all the information I want before proceeding. And the clergy work is killing me.

I'm changing the plan, abandoning the wiki. I may end up doing a piss-poor job in terms of anthropology and accurate info, but I will see this game to completion. I want to be starting interviews by the end of the month.

You can expect to hear from me soon.

Top Bottom