Active [CYOA] Rotten Elms: CH4 - Roleplayers Rolling Deep

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Old Guard that shit up, baby.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
-Old Guard
Also I totally would have gone with Thoth, get that knowledge domain for doctoring.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Underdogs - Just Walrus
Old Guard - Everyone Else

. . .

After a few hours on foot, the forumers finally managed to reach Rotten Elms. Living up to its name, Elm trees populated the small and abandoned village. The groups coalesced into one large group as they were in awe that Thunderclaw managed to successfully find this village and the actual existence of the village.

"Whoa.. This place is eerie. It looks like it was off-the-grid town." Null mumbled as he looked over the old farm fields that were in disarray."

"Yeah, but the place seems pretty modern. Also, eerily familiar." Req managed to pipe up.

"Anyway, let's go exploring the town then meet back up in the large meeting hall in the center in about an hour or so. Sound good, gang?!" Thunderclaw cheerfully called out.

The Old Guard were quick to break from the pack. Stealthy had already been goading them to travel along the eastern side of the small town, due to their positioning. It would be easiest to sweep along the houses to see if they could find the best possible hangout to discuss their plans. While the technology restrictions were in place, Stealthy had managed to smuggle a few pieces in under TC's oblivious nose. Pulling a tablet out, he swiftly began to work up plan after plan to ensure that they would be successful.

Dragonruby had been the muscle behind the Old Guard with his training coming in handy. He was also the only person who cared enough to ensure that Shizno would be carried in his sleeping bag. Firedemon was already angrily voicing his complaints about TC dragging them all here for a "bonding experience that would never be forgotten." He had begged Stealthy to help him on ruining the camp experience, so that he could triumph over TC.

Requiem acted as the moral compass of the group simply by being the only person there that might have had some. He was recently put in charge of Tolvan, the newest member that was inducted into the Old Guard, despite him being newblood. While there were some questions about it, Firedemon and Stealthy ensured that it was all according to plan.

The Old Guard had been interrupted by a few events - Tim the Unhinged wandering towards them and more recently, Lotus having eavesdropped on their plan. Stealthy was already trying to rework plans as the Old Guard had found Lotus passed out with Shizno having fallen asleep on him.

"Jesus. Now we have to figure out what to do with him." Firedemon nervously nibbled on his nails, looking to Stealthy for guidance.

It seems that the Old Guard had managed to find an older recreation center. The first floor having a welcoming lobby along with a grandiose wooden table draped in a deep blue cloth. Old, faded stains of red along it as a bar was in the corner. They hadn't explored the room too much, let alone the building.

Who shall we view from?
- Tolvan
- Requiem
- Shizno
- Firedemon
- Dragonruby
- Stealthy

What issue should we tackle first?
- Exploring the House
- Handling Lotus.

. . .

Sorry for the short post! Headed to work in 30 minutes and I'd rather get a post up early instead of around 11 PM.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Req, Handling Lotus no homo.

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
Requiem acted as the moral compass of the group simply by being the only person there that might have had some. He was recently put in charge of Tolvan, the newest member that was inducted into the Old Guard, despite him being newblood. While there were some questions about it, Firedemon and Stealthy ensured that it was all according to plan.
...detecting Mach Games reference. ;)

Requiem

Eh, I'd vote for Req and handling Lotus, but that would tie us up and cause issues. Also feels weird voting for myself.

I dunno, I vote for myself, but if we can't get a tiebreaker in what seems like a fair time, I'll switch over. For now, myself, final answer.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Eh, I'd vote for Req and handling Lotus, but that would tie us up and cause issues. Also feels weird voting for myself.

I dunno, I vote for myself, but if we can't get a tiebreaker in what seems like a fair time, I'll switch over. For now, myself, final answer.
Go with yourself and Lotus, and pressure Riyant to tiebreak in favor of his preference. That'll have the added benefit of ensuring that whichever of the two Riyant actually would rather get done gets done, and that as a consequence of such the next segment gets done sooner than it otherwise would.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Go with yourself and Lotus, and pressure Riyant to tiebreak in favor of his preference. That'll have the added benefit of ensuring that whichever of the two Riyant actually would rather get done gets done, and that as a consequence of such the next segment gets done sooner than it otherwise would.
I realized my mistake of letting Shizno be a viewpoint.

You guys can still pick him however your options are going to be severely limited.

Walrus

I imagined that Shizno would be woken now but might quickly fall asleep again and force us to change viewpoints.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Req - Majority
Handled Lotus - Majority

. . .

"'ere, I'll handle 'im." Req gave a heavy sigh as his texan accent slipped out, slightly frazzled from having Stealthy and Firedemon freaking out. "Tolvan will just kill him accidentally while trying to show off his rapier skills and Dragonruby needs to care for Shizno. You two are busy with the plan. I'll just find somewhere to stuff him."

Dragonruby finished lifting Shizno up in a princess carry before abruptly dropping him to fling out his finger. "HAH GA-"

"Really?" Req's eyebrow arched as he folded his arm. "TC slathers propaganda about me being gay and you all bought it. I'm not even going to touch on the weirdly co-dependent, symbiotic dynamic of you and Shizno."

Dragonruby's lips sealed tightly, grumbling slightly. "I'll pound you, Req."

Req's lips curled into a toothy smile. "Oh yeah? You're gonna pound me? That sounds pretty gay, man."

Dragonruby huffed as he gave up and hefted Shizno over his shoulder in his sleeping bag.

"Anyway, we don't want to have him on the ground level or in the window." Stealthy spoke up as he deliberated. "Try to find a basement. I'll hash out plans with Firedemon. We'll send Tolvan with you and have Druby and Shizno explore upstairs."

Req flipped Lotus over, pulling some rope out of his bag to quickly bound his feet and hands. Luckily his training at camp proved useful for this whole trip - one of the reasons why the Old Guard wanted him with them. Req wanted with the Old Guard to strike back at TC for all the slander. Gripping Lotus by his hands and feet, he looked at Tolvan and gestured to the meeting room. "See if you can find a staircase down."

Tolvan's eyes lit up as he was given a task. "Yessir! Activating LIGHTS OF DARKNESS!~" Tolvan reached into his bag and pulled out a flashlight to shine it around. Dust filtering through the beams of bright light that cut through the windowless room.

"Lights of Dar-" Firedemon wanted to speak up before quieting down after Stealthy carefully brought a finger up to his lips to hush him. "Anyway, Stealthy. How are we going to set the Underdorks off to get back at TC? I gotta know!"

Requiem opened a few of the doors, finding small closets for storage space and jackets. Irritated, he glanced at Tolvan messing with the lamps on the walls next to the bar.

"Tolvan. Those aren't stairs. Those aren't even doors. They're lamps."

"YEAH! But, like, every horror movie or creepy place has a hidden room! I'm using my elven eyes to spot hidden rooms!"

Req wanted to yell, but took a deep breath. He might actually ditch this camp if he would be paired with Tolvan the entire time. This idea faded away when he was proven wrong. The stone walls shifting as it opened up; the mechanisms groaning as a wooden staircase led down a narrow stone corridor. The beam of light showing cobwebs and dust; an odd odor traveling from down there.

"Huh. Fuck me, that's surprising."

"Hah! That's gay!" Tolvan exclaimed as his rapier swung out, pointing at Req with a wide, punchable smile.

Req grumbled and slipped into the small passageway, holding Lotus awkwardly to make him fit. His boot coming up to kick Tolvan lightly.

"Get goin', we need to see what's down there."

Firedemon and Stealthy poked their heads down as they called down. "Go check and make sure that you don't die. Then we'll come down."

"Yeah, yeah.." The two of them could only hear as the light bounced further along; it seemed that the passageway went on for too long.

Finally, Requiem and Tolvan made it to the bottom of the dark stone path. A sturdy wooden door weakened by the passage of time was opened with a few kicks from Requiem as Tolvan's light swung around the room. It seemed to mirror the upstairs level - a table, a few unlit torches. "Hold still on the torches, let me light them." Requiem dropped Lotus to the ground before drawing out some matches. Carefully, he lit a torch and began to light them around the room.

The mystery of the room growing as more light was there. The floor's carpet was a navy blue filled with deep red stains. Lengthy books were littered on the shelf as pinned on the wall was an embroidered tapestry with text. A deck of cards remained on the table for the long table - seeming able to fit enough for everyone that came to Rotten Elms. Connected to the room were two rooms; the first was a small closet with a locked trunk with a key combination. The other room was a simple jail cell, capable of keeping a multitude of people.

"Hey Req! Look at this ceiling!"

Requiem heard Tolvan as he looked up and was shocked. The ceiling was beautifully painted with strange mechanisms. A sun and a Moon seeming to run opposite along an odd clockwork device .

What does Requiem focus on?
- The Books
- The Table & Cards
- The Tapestry
- The Trunk
- The Jails
- The Ceiling.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Totally The Table & Cards.

Top Bottom