Active [CYOA] Rotten Elms: CH4 - Roleplayers Rolling Deep

Requiem

He said he was busy with stuff but that he'll try to get back to being active soon.

I can always shoot him a message on reddit and see what's up with him though. I love having him around.

Steal Thy Kill

No. We are not spending time with Walrus on the short bus. Did we learn nothing from Machpocalypse? And they do have characterization. Or at least what passes for it. Walrus is insane and inept. Tag is a stereotypical mexican. Andy is an Aussie who is terrible at both driving and figuring out his mafia alignment. Dunsparce and Wilger are just exaggerated versions of themselves, both of whom we're fairly familiar with. And then Hound is Bob IIRC and so we've got our token stoner. We can pass on them.

If you want to develop the cast, go for the Admins. Null, Recon, Artist, and Danny could all use it.

If we're going for more IC stuff, then Lotus would easily fit in well with the RPers. But if we're thinking that Lotus has villain potential in him then obviously send him to Req and friends, because we're a colorful variety of assholes and the easiest path to villainy is probably me.

Requiem

No. We are not spending time with Walrus on the short bus. Did we learn nothing from Machpocalypse? And they do have characterization. Or at least what passes for it. Walrus is insane and inept. Tag is a stereotypical mexican. Andy is an Aussie who is terrible at both driving and figuring out his mafia alignment. Dunsparce and Wilger are just exaggerated versions of themselves, both of whom we're fairly familiar with. And then Hound is Bob IIRC and so we've got our token stoner. We can pass on them.

If you want to develop the cast, go for the Admins. Null, Recon, Artist, and Danny could all use it.

If we're going for more IC stuff, then Lotus would easily fit in well with the RPers. But if we're thinking that Lotus has villain potential in him then obviously send him to Req and friends, because we're a colorful variety of assholes and the easiest path to villainy is probably me.
Hm, this is a fair assessment. It's also why I wanted to go for the admins originally, but I do like going with the forumer who the main character is based on's decision when it comes to CYOAs. Lotus wants to dick around with Walrus and them, I see that being a lot of fun.

Either way, Admins or Election committee, you can't go wrong.

If you want to give Null, Recon, Artist, and Danny more development, check out the CYOA I'm running. I'll add a few more choices to that first post.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Walrus - 4 (Tirin, Lotus, TC, Req)
Admin - 2 (Rondait, Stealthy)
13th - 2 (Easy, Coolpool)

- - -​

“Hey, 13th, you can handle Tim. I’m going to go get acquainted with a few forumers.” Lotus spoke as his eyes narrowed on Walrus who was loudly yelling about his new platform of doubling the efforts to “Find his Melody”

“Wait, Lotus. This is a bad idea. What abou-“
“Look, 13th. I’m bad at ideas - so I’m good at knowing bad ideas. Tim is fine. Look at him. He looks like a kid who wants to socialize. Didn’t you want to rehabilitate him?”
“Y-yes, of course, but he needs time to adap-“
“Whatever. You need my help not the other way around. Let me at least enjoy my time here.”

Lotus ignored 13th’s hushed yell as he stormed past Team Dash to reach the re-election committee. He took a moment to take a breath and calm down from the aggravating nature of 13th before walking towards the group, keeping pace with them.

“Hey guys! What’s going on?”

“Oh, Hey - you’re Lotus, right?” The voice came from a tall, bearded man. “Not much. Walrus is rambling about finding Melody - it’s just a thing he does.”

“A THING THAT I DO? AS A FORUM MAYOR CANDIDATE, I HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO WORRY ABOUT MY PRECIOUS COMMUNITY. FROM THE LOWEST SHIZNO TO THE HIGHEST MELODY - MY ANGEL AND DARLING LOVE, OH I DO HOPE SHE’S OKAY!!” The animated candidate's head swung back and forth, looking at the cliques. A slight frown spreading across his face before turning to The Hound to vent his frustrations. Walrus had been loudly venting his frustrations to The Hound, leaving the others open to conversation.

Noticing Tag Ross, Lotus gave a smile. “Hola, mi amigo!”

“Don’t patronize me.” A surprisingly cold remark from Tag Ross had caught Lotus off-guard, managing to utter out

“O-ok…”

“The spanish thing is only a gag. It’s the only way that I’m remembered around here. People don’t know the amount of work that I put into my passions. I…” Tag Ross looked over his shoulder at Lotus’ stunned reaction before uttering out an awkward apology. “Err.. Sorry about that. Sensitive subject. Just, talk to me like you would any other forumer and we’ll be cool, all right?”

“Yeah, man! Not a problem.”

“Cool. The name is Tag Ross. And you were Lotus, right?”

“Yeah.”

“Great. Welcome to the leftovers.”

“Is that antagonistic, Tag?”
“No, it isn’t Dunsparce. It’s the truth.”
“That’s a pretty rough view, mate!”

Wilger was mostly quiet, grumbling about showing some “Kindness” off to the group of Easy, Tirin, Jeroth and Coolpool. Andy had begun to start a conversation with Tag Ross about their positions on the forum.

It seems that the conversations were open and that Lotus would be able to slip into any of them.

Which conversation would you like to focus on?

- Walrus & The Hound on the topic of: "Melody"
- Tag Ross & Dunsparce & Andy on the topic of: "Their positions on the forums."
- Wilger on the topic of: "Kindness and the Roleplayers."
- Custom Option

Lotus

Walrus's lovelorn speech is pretty damn boring. I'm already regretting my choice to approach this group.

I'd like to chat with Tag, Dunsparce, and Andy for 2 reasons. Antagonistic conversation and learning more about the forumers.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
W1LG3R. All of those topics sound dumb, but the other options also sound lame.

Requiem

I think early repercussions would be fine. Better than screwing up later in the game, at least.

Who wants to possibly go check out another group before picking one for good?

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Which group does Lotus join with? [ This will decide Lotus' primary interactions.]
With this having been said earlier? W1LG3R seems like he's trying to come up with a plan to take on the Roleplayer group. I could see a really interesting (or at least amusing) plot line developing out of that. Much more so than, say, another horrible failure of a political campaign based on passion and crippling insanity.

Last edited:

Steal Thy Kill

Walrus's lovelorn speech is pretty damn boring. I'm already regretting my choice to approach this group.
As you should

I think early repercussions would be fine. Better than screwing up later in the game, at least.

Who wants to possibly go check out another group before picking one for good?
I, for one, would love to correct our past mistake. idk if it's really in the spirit of a CYOA, though there's the obvious IC excuse of Lotus getting put off by the group.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
I could get behind a wagon to custom-vote in Req and co.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
In this case, I see it more "holy crap, was I drunk enough to get stupid enough to make that choice last time? Screw that, going back before I get too far."

Requiem

Think of it more like you're poking your head into one group, seeing what they're about, then poking your head into another. Think more of what's happening in the moment and less with the mechanics of the choice. Nothing wrong with being sociable after all.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
I'd like to chat with Tag, Dunsparce, and Andy for 2 reasons. Antagonistic conversation and learning more about the forumers.
I'm gonna trust the man's instincts on what he wants to do here. Trolling the shit outta the losers has gotta feel good anyways.

Top Bottom