Active [CYOA] Rotten Elms: CH4 - Roleplayers Rolling Deep

Requiem

All good responses.

I'm cool with sticking with it, but I'm also cool with checking out another group. I'll give it a bit once the discussion is over and make a post picking one or the other.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Think of it more like you're poking your head into one group, seeing what they're about, then poking your head into another. Think more of what's happening in the moment and less with the mechanics of the choice. Nothing wrong with being sociable after all.
The custom option is available, but it may have repercussions.
Regardless:

Andy & Crew - 2 (Lotus & Tirin)
??? - A bunch of gaybies that need to decide.

Also, try to bold your choice. Otherwise, we get this wishy-washy: "I wouldn't mind talking with Andy first, but Walrus would be nea- Oh! but Wilger!"

Pick a choice, then feel free to mention your thoughts.

Requiem

I'll bold choices in the future then. Usually the choices will be fairly cut and dry, I'm sure. It's worth discussing our options since a custom option is present and this is a pretty important juncture of the game.

TimTh33nchant3r

Ok, let me put it this way. Talk to Walrus.

Do not talk to Dunsparce. Anyone who votes for that earns my contempt.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
W1LG3R, fuck you.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Andy & Crew - 4 ( Lotus & Tirin & Req & Stealthy)
Walrus - 1 (Tim)
Wilger - 2 ( Null, Easy)

“Whoa? Leftovers?” Lotus asked curiously.
“Is that s-“
“Dunsparce, shut up. Yeah, we’re the leftovers. Look at everyone else. You have the Administrators and Friends, the role-players, The Old Guard, and Team Dash. I don’t know what 13th and Tim are doing here, but they’re just hanging out by themselves. Look at our group. People just think of The Hound as a stoner. They think Walrus is insane. They think I’m hispanic. They think Andy is just Australian. They think Dunsparce is… well, Dunsparce. Wilger used to be with the role-players until he left them. We don’t fit into any of other groups, so we’ve made our own. We’re the leftovers - the people who don’t fit into any clique. The only way that we can stay relevant is by capitalizing on our quirks.”

Tag Ross gave a heavy sigh, seemingly exhausted by the explanation as even Walrus had managed to quiet down from his conversation with the Hound. A solemn silence filled the group as everyone else kept chattering.

Lotus was quiet, pondering what to say. He can tell that them that they were losers and he could go join any other group. He could agree and just be quiet and walk with them. He could just be silent. All of them were awful ideas.

“Yeah, I suppose you guys are the misfits, but couldn’t you also be seen as Underdogs?” The Walrus committee seemed to perk up at the idea of them being underdogs. “You could take everyone by surprise since they have just generalized you and they won’t expect anything more. Who knows? You might even be able to take on Team Dash, the Old Guard, the Roleplayers or even the administrators. You have the potential to surprise them and catch them off-guard.”

Lotus' inspirational words managed to spark hope and joy into the group, seemingly more excited and confident about their trip. Dunsparce managed to mumble out "Y-yeah.. I guess that we are underdogs!" Wilger just seemed gleeful at the idea of being underestimated. Andy and Tag were excited at the idea of breaking out of their stereotypes.

- - -​
After a few hours on foot, the forumers finally managed to reach Rotten Elms. Living up to its name, Elm trees populated the small and abandoned village. The groups coalesced into one large group as they were in awe that Thunderclaw managed to successfully find this village and the actual existence of the village.

"Whoa.. This place is eerie. It looks like it was off-the-grid town." Null mumbled as he looked over the old farm fields that were in disarray."

"Yeah, but the place seems pretty modern. Also, eerily familiar." Req managed to pipe up.

"Anyway, let's go exploring the town then meet back up in the large meeting hall in the center in about an hour or so. Sound good, gang?!" Thunderclaw cheerfully called out.

"Hey, Lotus, want to come with us? We're going to see if there are any supplies left over or any cool places for us to stay."

Lotus could hear where the others were going: The Roleplayers were talking about finding the annals of the town. The administrators were going to discuss about the plans for the trip in the meeting hall. Team Dash sounded like they were just going to go explore the woods surrounding the town. The Old Guard had been whispering to one another before scurrying off to the other side of the village. Meanwhile, 13th seemed occupied with Tim.

What does Lotus do?
- Stick with the Underdogs to find supplies and a place to stay.
- Go with the Roleplayers to find out more about the town.
- Go with the Administrators to find out more about the Trip and future events.
- Explore the Forest with Team Dash to find out about the surrounding area
- Check on 13th and Tim to find out more about their situation.
- Follow the Old Guard to find out what they are up to. (Double-Choice)
- Race to catch up with them and join their group.
- Quietly follow them and eavesdrop​

Lotus

“Yeah, I suppose you guys are the misfits, but couldn’t you also be seen as Underdogs?” The Walrus committee seemed to perk up at the idea of them being underdogs. “You could take everyone by surprise since they have just generalized you and they won’t expect anything more. Who knows? You might even be able to take on Team Dash, the Old Guard, the Roleplayers or even the administrators. You have the potential to surprise them and catch them off-guard.”
Fucking excellent. With that hype, the Underdogs will be fine on their own, and will believe I'm part of their group whether I stay or not.

My senses tell me that eavesdropping on the Old Guard is the worst idea, so I'll go with that.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Old Guard it is. (Eavesdrop).

Last edited:

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
"I'll catch up with you guys later - I need to go check on something, all right?" Lotus gave a smile.

"Oh - All right then, I guess we'll see you later?" The Underdogs began to funnel out of the main group and head towards the western side of the village - away from the Old Guard. Lotus looked back at Tim and 13th, meeting Tim's hopeful eyes before turning away to head towards the Old Guard.

Lotus had decided to just follow and eavesdrop on them, following them slowly. His eyes looked over the groups beginning to break apart and search around. Taking a deep breath, he slowly began to follow the Old Guard. Quietly hiding behind fences and shacks to eavesdrop on what they had to say.

"Thank god, I couldn't wait to get the hell away from everyone. More specifically - Dunsparce. If I had to listen to him accuse everything of being antagonistic - I'd have to strangle him." Req gave a heavy sigh as he scratched his head before looking at Dragonruby still carrying Shizno. "Keep that up, Dragonruby, and I may have to ship you two. You've been carrying him all this time."

"Eh, I'll drop him off wherever we find our hangout at." Dragonruby spoke as he carried Shizno's sleeping bag. "Speaking of which, Firedemon, why did you want to find a hangout again?"

"Because it'll be our base of operations. I refuse to let TC gain favor in the eyes of the Administrators. He's been brown-nosing them since we came here and I can't let my rival get that far ahead of me. It's why I have Stealthy with me - he's a genius at planning!"

Stealthy had mostly been quiet, jotting down notes on his tablet, giving a brief grunt when Firedemon mentioned his name.

Tolvan stabbed at the air with his rapier, making certain to have his cloak billow with each stab before smiling. "Show yourself, you filthy scoundrel or face my blade!"

"Wait, what? Is someone here, Tolvan?!" Firedemon's paranoid glances looked over every potential place for someone to hide.

What does Lotus do?
- Reveal himself
- Stay Quiet and Listen in more
- Quietly Leave
- Custom

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Stay quiet, listen in more. Tolvan's full of it. He doesn't hear or see anything; he's just posturing.

Top Bottom