D&D 5th Edition - Skype + Roll 20

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
The Good, The Smite and the Swagga have been made.

I want to post updates, but I'm not sure if I'd want to stream it.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
I want to post updates, but I'm not sure if I'd want to stream it.
Arguably pretty worthwhile, since it's tended to be quite amusing.

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Or use some special streaming software.

I don't know exactly what you mean by "stream" but OBS (Open Broadcast Software) allows you to stream to most popular services and just send a static image as the video feed.

If you're feeling frisky and you have two screens you could show cool relevant stuff on the second screen for viewers or something.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
I don't know exactly what you mean by "stream" but OBS (Open Broadcast Software) allows you to stream to most popular services and just send a static image as the video feed.
Huh. Duly noted. I typically use livestream pro caster for the typical stream, but it requires me to share my screen at the time.

If you're feeling frisky and you have two screens you could show cool relevant stuff on the second screen for viewers or something.
Hah, sadly, I only have one screen. Still, I may try and stream it. The next session should be fun too.

Requiem

If you have a TV with an hdmi cable, most computers have hdmi plugs now. It's not perfect, but I have a small HD TV that I use as a second screen for watching Netflix and what not while perusing the rest of the introwebs

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Can I get a warning through this site before you start the next game? I often don't have Skype signed in because GODDAMN WINDOWS 8.
Nope. It's typically impromptu and between 8-10 PM EST. I did state that the communication channel would be Skype and it says that you've been online. You've missed out on a lot - we've made characters, developed stories and the party is on the cusp of being level 6 right now.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Could probably notify you via the site, say, an hour in advance each time. That's usually about as early as we start coalescing if we're available.

You can remove the Windows 8 Skype app and just install the old-fashioned skype program in its place, though. I did that.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
You missed a ton of carousing.
Lots of carousing.

Yeah, I have a bad habit of not paying attention to Skype as well, and was away for the beginning due to senior trip.
Yeah, I assume so. You've been online for a few calls and I went out of my way to call you during the character creation & background development session. I'm not entirely certain how to include you now due to the disparity in levels, so I'll need to think on how that will be done.

EDIT: If you still wanted to play, you'd be playing against dangerously high CR encounters, but that's the way it goes.

Last edited:

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
Hey I did a dungeon when everyone else was around 3~4 while I was level 1. That being said I was the ranged dps and only took one hit but still.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
It does also seem to me that the levels don't make quite as big of a difference in this edition compared to... well, compared to Pathfinder, I guess, based on my "I-once-did-Pathfinder." In any case, leveling up should be relatively quicker, due to the lower exp requirements, when surviving the same encounters? (We haven't been formally tracking xp, honestly.) Also, we may not be all that much running the game for the next week or so anyway, since I'm going on vacation. (I'm not, anyway.)

Just thoughts, if the effort is seen fit to be made. A population of three can seem kind of scarce at times.

Top Bottom