Danny Does Things Thread

D

Danny

Unregsistered User
things
redirecting people here with a link, hope that's ok.
there's a few cool people, so if they do decide to pop in, be nice ;)

[edit]
@RECONmaster people are saying registration is disabled! say it ain't so!

[edit 20/05/2015]
this thread is now a "whatever I happen to be doing" thread, since it's senseless to make new threads every time I start a new project.

Last edited by a moderator:

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
@RECONmaster people are saying registration is disabled! say it ain't so!
That's my bad, totally forgot that our antispam system prevents proxies and our CDN functions as a proxy.

Should be fixed now.

Last edited:
D

Danny

Unregsistered User
This thread is now a whatever the hell I happen to be doing at the time thread.

been working on a movement engine in between marching endlessly towards my June 2nd deadline, where afterwards I get the entire summer off! Yay!

Maps without movement map (i.e. how it is viewed in game):
i3^cimgpsh_orig.png

Map with visual movement map, green = walkable, red = not walkable:
i6^cimgpsh_orig.png

Visualization of the entire movement map - ends up being rotated because of the isometric nature of the "real" map, but is used for storing the movement data for the game itself, white = can walk, black = can't walk, bonus cookie to the person who can tell what part of the map the above picture was taken from.
dMap.png

Path finding works, and uses an A* Search, not entirely happy with it yet though, so I'm going to work on improving that later.

D

Danny

Unregsistered User
Not that I'm using this thread right now, but shouldn't it be in community creations..?
Although I am working on something, but aren't I always?

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Meh, it started out in a different direction but I guess that gives the Community Creations section a little more traffic.

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reminds me of my days in webdesign... except there were a lot more pages that looked straight outta' the 90s.

D

Danny

Unregsistered User
Reminds me of my days in webdesign... except there were a lot more pages that looked straight outta' the 90s.
I'm still learning, but I'm mostly focusing on layout (of divs and such) and functionality, rather then the specific style sheet, although things are progressing nicely.

Top Bottom