Ended Danny's Town of Salem Mafia - Mafia Victory!

Anatronman

And that's why you don't roleclaim on day one.

The only way I see Anatron not being scum at this point is if the mafia killed one of their own just to get him lynched,
Damned if I do, damned if I don't, huh?

Dunsparce

Lynching me is exactly what the mafia wants because you won't learn anything and everyone is gonna look equally suspicious. Even if I flip scum, what are you gonna learn? Who would be next on the shit list? 'Cause I can't imagine it looks like I'm teamed up with anyone. If I get lynched today, then the town needs to take a good hard look at who was pushing for it.

If we lynch Anatron and he flips town, then tomorrow we'll be at 3 town to 2 scum. After that, I'd probably be lynched next, resulting in a mafia victory. Considering that, I'm not willing to stake my reputation lynching Anatron, even though he's the best lead we have.

Unaccuse Anatronman

We've got to be motherfucking meticulous about who we lynch today.

Walrus

If we lynch Anatron and he flips town, then tomorrow we'll be at 3 town to 2 scum. After that, I'd probably be lynched next, resulting in a mafia victory. Considering that, I'm not willing to stake my reputation lynching Anatron, even though he's the best lead we have.

Unaccuse Anatronman

You're afraid of death? You don't want to lead a bold, gutsy, and dare I even add heroic lynch on Anatronman, a man you called almost certainly scum on page 4, because you're afraid that being wrong will get you lynched tomorrow? That's cowardly. That's pathetic.

I won't accept that reasoning.

Last edited:

Anatronman

I also don't think Dachande's death tells us anything really. We're pretty much in the same boat as yesterday. I think while people accusing Dachande after he role claimed yesterday does look suspicious, I also agree with Jeroth; I doubt they would both vote to lynch him, and then also kill him. I don't really like pointing a finger with so little other information though.
Accuse Cyonica

This play is patently anti-town. It is handcrafted to both provide no information and stir up alternative sides of what the post itself claims are equally reasonable sides. I don't believe Dunsparce would be hunting this actively as a Mafia member, and the quoted post smells just bad enough for me to feel confident in my lynch.

Cyonica

Not really, I just thought we really didn't learn anything from that night phase and I didn't know where to go from there. I tend to look at things from as many angles as I can when I'm trying to figure things out, but I guess it was probably unhelpful here.

On the note of confusion though, were we ever told what the town:mafia ratio is? Because I can't find that information anywhere, yet Dunsparse seems pretty confident he knows it.

Cyonica

Wow, I really hate trying to post on here from my phone. My finger was nowhere near the submit button, but whatever. You do you, phone.

Anyway, as I was saying I want to accuse Dunsparse, as I feel that was a very confident assertion and didn't come across as a guess.

Dunsparce

@Cyonica 4 scum to 5 town feels like too many, 2 scum to 7 town feels like not enough (especially if one of them is independent, so it's more like 1 against 8).

'Sides, the standard mafia ratio is 1:3. If you math that out, there would be 2.25 mafia in a 9 player game. I guess Tag would be the 0.25.

Anyway, I'm starting to soften up to Jeroth. I have a really hard time believing that he would try to lynch the doctor if he were town, but I have a harder time believing that he'd do it if he were scum, since he would instantly look suspicious afterwards. As for Anatron, while I could easily see him trying to lynch the doctor as scum, I could just as easily see him doing it as town.

Andy and Cyonica have been consistently on the same side, and yet they flipflopped against me with pretty flimsy reasoning. I'm just gonna put the pressure on to keep things moving and Accuse Cyonica.

Also, I have a looming suspicion that this is some kinda bastard GM game, because it seems like Walrus might be a second executioner.

AndyM03

Lynching me is exactly what the mafia wants because you won't learn anything and everyone is gonna look equally suspicious.
There's been tension between you and Anatron all game, and you were quick to buddy with Dach, quick to starting lynching today, and now quick to accuse Cyonica now that the heat is off you from Anatron. I haven't flip flopped on you, the goals have changed. Day 1 priority was simply not killing Dach as he was almost certainly town. Jeroth considered either you or Anatron suspicious. Jeroth (who I hope is town because he feels mysterious) isn't cleared for me yet, so killing you or Anatron today can tell us a little more on Jeroth, maybe.

Yeah @Cyonica that ratio would be way off. While i'm still suspicious of Dunsparce, two mafia would be a good guess, and it's common for us to make assumptions like that.
Cyons post was either calculated nothingness or just trying to appear more talkative. I'm going to wait for more people to comment.

Firedemon

I'm inclined to accuse Dunsparce. I don't like this (attempted) Anatron lynch, and Dunsparce is being flip floppy about it too. You want Anatron for trying to lynch Dach, but not Jeroth for the same reason?Anatron also retracted his Dach lynch, while Jeroth unapologetically did not. You also said this.

Accuse Tag_Ross

If he's scum, then I'm willing to wager that Anatron's his buddy. If not, then i guess Anatron is innocent. It's also possible that Anatron is the actual doctor, but would rather not admit it.
While Tag didn't flip innocent, he certainly wasn't real scum and almost certainly didn't have some kind of executioner buddy.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Anyway, I'm starting to soften up to Jeroth. I have a really hard time believing that he would try to lynch the doctor if he were town, but I have a harder time believing that he'd do it if he were scum, since he would instantly look suspicious afterwards.
Honestly, he made a terrible play. He was either telling the truth and was an idiot or he was lying. I don't regret my choice at the time.

Jeroth (who I hope is town because he feels mysterious) isn't cleared for me yet, so killing you or Anatron today can tell us a little more on Jeroth, maybe.
I'm the mysterious drifter that saves everyone at the end of the day.

I'm torn between Dunsparce and Anatron. They've both been shady, but my money is more towards Dunsparce.

Accuse Dunsparce

And who exactly did I buddy buddy with? If you mean Dachande, I think I gave a pretty compelling reason for why keeping him alive is best for now. If you mean Tag, then I don't know what to tell ya since he's the only one I've FoS'd so far.
His compelling reason was: "He's new."

I would call Dunsparce's play this game more aggressive than in the past and I'm willing to stake a lynch on it.
It's been noted by another player that his behavior has been a bit off.

If it were just what Tag Ross said, I never woulda lynched him. It's Anatron coming up to needlessly defend him, and his attempt to justify lynching somebody with no evidence that makes me suspicious enough to accuse Tag.
Keep in mind, Anatron's post before hand were the following:

I was under the impression that the usual rule was that the Doctor couldn't target themselves, or only could once. Either way, the only player that deserves a lynching more than Dach is Dunsparce for the quick Buddy Buddy.
I think the Tag lynch is a bad one. New players can be Mafia, too.
I didn't really notice him trying to defend Tag. It was basically him saying that he thought the lynch was bad and that new players can be mafia, yet Dunsparce paints it as him trying to needlessly defend Tag. This is the same guy that said he wrote a "Compelling argument" for why Dach shouldn't be lynched, then he never addressed my critique of it.

Also:

If you're in the mafia then you know that Dachande isn't lying about being a doctor, and if he can protect himself, the only way to eliminate him is a lynch. If we have a cop out there then I urge you to check on Dach tonight.
Dunsparce backed off the instant he role claimed and defended him instead of treating it with a healthy dose of suspicion.

After Dach was killed, Dunsparce posts:
And that's why you don't roleclaim on day one.
The mafia would want to kill the doctor no matter what. The only people who wanted to kill him after he roleclaimed were you, Tag and Anatron. It's possible that the mafia is hiding in the background and allowing us to eat each other, or they tried to buy town cred by defending Dachande, but if I were scum, I wouldn't want to take that gamble.
Dunsparce is pretty consistently referring to Dach as the doctor, when in reality none of us know who he was.

Lynching me is exactly what the mafia wants because you won't learn anything and everyone is gonna look equally suspicious. Even if I flip scum, what are you gonna learn? Who would be next on the shit list? 'Cause I can't imagine it looks like I'm teamed up with anyone. If I get lynched today, then the town needs to take a good hard look at who was pushing for it.

Unaccuse Anatronman

Most scum don't blatantly team up. It makes it blatantly obvious who the mafia is when that happens.

Walrus

Also, I have a looming suspicion that this is some kinda bastard GM game, because it seems like Walrus might be a second executioner.]
This sounds like a pseudo-way of saying that you specifically don't want @Firedemon to get lynched. Interesting. Do you have some reason for believing him innocent?

D

Danny

Unregsistered User
Night 2
Tonights Soundtrack:

After the success of the previous day, but with little to go on, the town was feeling tentative.
"We have to be fucking meticulous about who we lynch today," claimed Dunsparce.

As it turns out, the rest of the town agreed and so forced him to the stand.

How did it come to this?
"I'm a good person," thought Dunsparce, "I just wanted what's best for the town."

"Any last words?", the town asked him.
"Avenge me."

Dunsparce was a regular old townie! [Town]

You are..

A regular old townie!
You win when there are no more bad guys in the town!

Send us those night actions, or No action.
You've got just over 48 hours.
https://www.tickcounter.com/countdown/57897/my-countdown

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Danny

Unregsistered User
Night 2 Ends.

Oh.

As the night ended, they noticed that not just one, but two people had been killed.

The first was Walrus, loveable, innocent, delusions of being mayor, but overall a good kid.
But, someone in the town disagreed, and thought he had bad intent.

Walrus has been killed by the Vigilante!
Walrus was the Deputy [
Town]

You win when there are no more bad guys in the town.

The second was Jeroth, his house burned to the ground.
Everything he cared for, in dust.

Jeroth was killed by the
Mafia!

Jeroth was the Sheriff! [Town]

That makes it 2v2, day 3: 2 mafia, 2 town.
Town can't lynch mafia day 3 so it'll be a townie lynch, or no lynch.
Mafia kills one night 3, 1v2.
Day 4 Mafia wins.

Mafia Victory

Roles Reveal:
Dachande was the Doctor! [Town]

You may target yourself once, you win when there are no remaining bad guys.

Fire Demon was the Vigilante [Town]

You get one kill, total.

You win when there are no more bad guys.

Anatronman was a Townie! [Town]

You are a regular old townie!

Your objective is to find and hang all of the bad guys!
You win when there are no more bad guys.

Cyonica was the consigliere! [Mafia]

You win when there is nobody alive but Mafia.

AndyM03 was the Janitor! [Mafia]

You win when there is nobody alive but Mafia.

Action log:
Night 1:
Dachande: protect Jeroth
Jeroth: check Dachande result: [Good]
Firedemon: No action
Cyonica: Investigate Jeroth [saw Jeroth as Sheriff]
Mafia: Kill Dachande.

Night 2:
Mafia: Kill Jeroth.
Firedemon: Kill Walrus

I didn't wait for any more night actions, because once I got those two I knew the game was over.
Roles were generated using a small c# script I wrote just for the purpose.

The script is here, so you can verify yourself that it is fair, and generates a random set of player against the roles I picked each time. Once I verified it was working, I ran it once and took the result.
static void Main(string[] args)
{

string[] roles = new string[]
{
"Townie", "Townie2",
"Executioner", "Doctor", "Sheriff",
"Vigilante", "Consigliere",
"Janitor", "Deputy"
};

string[] Names = new string[]
{
"Andy", "Antronman", "Dunsparce",
"Jeroth", "Firedemon", "Rob", "Kat", "Walrus",
"Tag Ross"
};

Queue qName = new Queue();
Queue qRole = new Queue();

Random rdm = new Random();

while (qName.Count != 9)
{
string nextName = Names[rdm.Next(0, Names.Length)];
if (qName.Contains(nextName)) { continue; }
else { qName.Enqueue(nextName); }
}

while (qRole.Count != 9)
{
string nextRole = roles[rdm.Next(0, roles.Length)];
if (qRole.Contains(nextRole)) { continue; }
else { qRole.Enqueue(nextRole); }
}

while (qName.Count != 0)
{
Console.WriteLine((string)qName.Dequeue() + "::" + (string)qRole.Dequeue());
}

Console.ReadLine();
}

Last edited by a moderator:

Dunsparce

I wanna point out that I fucking called this, but that's probably because I accused basically everyone. If TC does a Poop Mafia of this, my role should be that I have to lynch someone in every post.

Anatronman

I felt good about my reads that game. Thought I would be dead for sure after Dunsparce flipped.

Any particular reason for shooting, FD?

Top Bottom