Discord

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
The new MSN Skype TeamSpeak is here, and it's Discord!

And it's actually survived longer than I thought it would.

I made a Discord server centered around my streaming, which I'm getting back into regularly. It has a general chat so you're all welcome to join and talk about whatever there.

Ideally we'll get a Mach Discord server? I think that'd be pretty dope @RECONmaster but I don't want to go and make it myself, seeing as how I'm lazy not an official here.

But uh, yeah! Discord!

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
I use discord everyday, it's a pretty great alternative to skype. I've meet a lot of neat people on discord.

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Unfortunately until Discord allows private hosting I have very little interest in it. They mentioned doing it in the future so maybe then but at the moment I don't have it.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
RECON, would you mind if I set up a Discord for Mach? Even though it can't be privately hosted right now, it's pretty good for building up a community base and organizing playing games, and we're somewhat lacking a means to do the latter at present, 'cause nobody uses Skype anymore.

D

Danny

Unregsistered User
I did actually try inviting everyone to join my Discord once before, but nobody gave a shit; it was actually pretty Mach focused to begin with as you'll remember @Tirin, but since only about 2 people from this community joined it, I just kept it to my own community. (I seem to always have one, even if I'm not trying; till I inevitably burn it to the ground. [joke, I'm done doing that.])

If recon doesn't have any immediate plans to open a dedicated Mach server, you guys are welcome to come crash with me. I can set up any channels you request etc. The server is semi-active (around 30 people online atm, with 216 members total, although I think most are dead) and has a lot of people that totally could be convinced to move here/play games, but I've never pressed the issue. We don't nazi any of the chat, we don't give a shit, it's fireburns and zec who's the moderators, but I don't think we've ever had to do anything in terms of banning/deleting messages. Since it's like already established, you guys are totally welcome.
https://discord.gg/0tIX6osReY3xDu3d

But if not it's like whatever; I'm not exactly lonely over there, it just seems silly to set up something entirely new when I've already managed to establish a small gathering of crazies; so the offer is there.

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
RECON, would you mind if I set up a Discord for Mach? Even though it can't be privately hosted right now, it's pretty good for building up a community base and organizing playing games
If recon doesn't have any immediate plans to open a dedicated Mach server ... it just seems silly to set up something entirely new when I've already managed to establish a small gathering of crazies; so the offer is there.
Two suitors have entered the ring, you must now fight to the death for my amusement.

No I'm not planning to build up a Discord anytime soon. Even if I did hop on and create one quickly I wouldn't be around to maintain or moderate the thing so your free to do so on your own.

D

Danny

Unregsistered User
I just casually strolled into the discord and was definitely not expecting that many people to, like, exist.

They weren't saying anything, but they existed I think.
Yeah, I don't always bring everything I do here, but I tend to travel around the internet, doing little projects leaving them, and moving on, and small little communities tend to pop up.
These are just some of the people I've met doing that, xD

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
Oh yeah, the cloudflare thing is pretty bad. All of my discord servers had announcements telling everyone to change their passwords. I use discord a lot these days. I like it a lot more than skype.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
I use Discord a hell of a lot, too, and I know at least a few other people do the same; it's extremely good for a community group chat. I think we can get a lot of mileage from it, privately-hosted or non, though I would strongly encourage a privately-hosted one if it becomes an option; 'til then, I still think it's value.

Top Bottom