Ended Dunsparce's Pathetic Excuse For A Mafia Game - Game Over! Town Wins!

AndyM03

Clarification: I did not self-protect. I claimed specifically to deceive the mafia into thinking I would self-protect, and ideally hoping to bait a counter claim.
Oh, I guess you're a ballsy sonnuva bitch. Fair play!

Ahh I don't think I'm convinced on putting down a lynch today, and this is speaking as a person who literally was the mafia won after these actions. I just don't know, it feels like it would be an uneducated roll of the dice, uneducated compared to a day two discussion.

TC's really under my radar which I don't like, and I'm almost worried he's being silly on purpose with his comment on the timer. Is it possible for a comment to be too stupid? Because that's up there, and gives him posts without direct contribution. right now I can at least understand Firedemon, Jeroth pouncing on him might be the thing I find most suspicious today.

This is easily one of the hardest mafia formats.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Homeboy @Jeroth was active in discord yesterday, but no post here.
Because I got done work at 6:30, found out about D&D and worked on that [spoilers: D&D is a priority over mafia for me], then at 7:30, I had raid until 11:30, then was working on D&D until I fell asleep.

Let me tackle this shit for you, boyo.

This also feels massively disingenuous that you think my desire to day 1 lynch is suspicious but are voting to lynch me right now.
You're right, it's a bit weird, but the sudden heel face turn came across as hella suspicious. Also to level with you, after I died, I didn't really check the thread much.

I just don't know, it feels like it would be an uneducated roll of the dice, uneducated compared to a day two discussion.
Uneducated? There's not much in the way of discussion in day two if there aren't any claims.

Unlynch Firedemon.

For now, I'll toss out my claim: I'm a vanilla townie.

The only way that I feel like we can win in this format is by role claiming. People might scoff and say it's cheap, but I think it's the most effective strategy. With one effective day phase (Whether it's a no lynch into a night phase or a lynch into a night phase) - it's risky to rely on the doctor getting a read.

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
Whoa whoa. Let's maybe not roleclaim. Dunsparce said in the OP that doctor couldn't self-protect. By roleclaiming we give mafia a better chance to have a guaranteed kill.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Whoa whoa. Let's maybe not roleclaim. Dunsparce said in the OP that doctor couldn't self-protect. By roleclaiming we give mafia a better chance to have a guaranteed kill.
Uh, Dunsparce never said that as far as I can tell.
I never said that, and it's not true. The doctor can protect himself.
Tyler. You need to read better.

As far as claiming goes, people will be doing that anyway on Day 2. It's better to get things out in the open on day 1 opposed to day 2.

Firedemon

I think I agree with the mass claim approach. I'm a townie.

Also I guess I'll unlynch TC but I'm actually slightly suspicious that this whole "doctor can't self-protect" was a failed dunderclaim, in which TC pretends to accidentally reveal he has extra information. I'm reasonably confident TC has tried to play dumb like this before. Of course Dunsparce has now specifically said the doctor can self-protect, so IF that was a dunderclaim, he's either scum or the doctor trying to bait the mafia into attacking him tonight. And yes, I am going to make dunderclaiming a thing. But I'm also suspicious of TC being smart enough to play dumb, rather than actually being dumb.

AndyM03

Ironically after all these unlynches I'm now wanting to change track and lynch TC. The fact that he can keep track of Jeroth's online activity but not read an OP reeks of opportunism and subtle aggressive play compared to actually reading posts and making the best use of the situation to scum hunt. The timezone thing felt like a failed TC attempt to buddy up with me, with scum TC knowing I'm town. It's not my style to go around claiming "TC is 100% scum" when clearly I could be wrong but I'm pretty fuckin confident in this hunch now.

I'll go as far as to say Lynch TC, but if we end up no lynching then the role claim game is our best bet.

Colonel Thunder

he's either scum or the doctor trying to bait the mafia into attacking him tonight. And yes, I am going to make dunderclaiming a thing. But I'm also suspicious of TC being smart enough to play dumb, rather than actually being dumb.
Yeah, that was my schtick. I'm the doctor. I was hoping to create the impression that I'm the doctor who revealed role info in their PM by thinking it was info from the OP. A believable dunder move that would bait an Andy mafia into trying to kill me, but that an FD mafia or Jeroth mafia would not fall for. And, since I actually can self-protect, I wouldn't have even died from the nightkill. Pretty good situation.

That's why I'm a bit peeved at Dunsparce. Homeboy did not specify whether the doctor could self-protect in the OP, or in his role PM to me. I had to specifically ask for that information on my own role, so I was under the assumption that whether or not the doctor could self-protect was up for debate, and was an intentional elements of this game. Buut, then Dunsparce felt the need to clarify a number of things in-thread, very quickly, despite me letting him know privately that I was aware that he did not post anything of the sort in the OP.

(And then he was kind of a huge dick about it. Don't be a rude AF GM, Dunsparce. We both made unfortunate assumptions, but man you were an ass about it in private.)

It was a really fun strat, too! I was looking forward to it. That was most of what I had planned for the day as well.

--

Moving on from me being salty, I saw the two posts I mentioned I was looking for; Jeroth's follow-up and Andy's predicted lack of meaningful follow-up.

I believe Jeroth's claim for now. Historically, I'm pretty sure he's put way more effort into games when he has a power role, and he claimed townie. That, and he's all for claiming which I think is a net-Town move this far into the day.

Andy though, hasn't committed to much of anything. Which is exactly how he won last game. And uh, FD just claimed townie as well...before I made this post proclaiming that I'm doctor.

We got a bit of time left. We thinking lynch Andy or wait till Day 2 and hope the mafia targets the person protected?

Colonel Thunder

Seeing as how Andy's post was 2 minutes before mine, I'd like to think that it's obvious I had typed the vast majority of it before he posted.

I'm going to bed, but gonna toss a Lynch Andy in there in the meantime. I can read and make a few quick posts at work tomorrow.

AndyM03

That seems way too elaborate to make up and is very believable, so I'm going to unlynch TC

Not happy that you think I haven't contributed, while I do believe you, if it wasn't for a set of specific circumstances your accomplishments would have been confusing the town on purpose while having a power role and getting lynched. There's a fair bit of clutter in this thread that you're responsible for, and until then my sights have been set on Firedemon and Jeroth who one of now have to be scum as I am also a vanilla townie.

That's a shame you've had to put up with any dickiness but, sorry you've had to deal with that.

Colonel Thunder

Dammit Andy you make it hard to sus you. I think you've contributed, I just don't think you've committed to anything in particular. While that's not scummy by itself, it looks a whole lot like how you won the last game.

I'm curios as to y'alls thoughts on that, but in case we run out of time I'm happy to no lynch. Any grand advice on who to protect? My original 'bait' strat doesn't apply now.

Dunsparce

Because there's significant discussion going on, and there's only two hours left in the day, I'm extending the day phase by 24 hours. Without a hammer by the end of this time, the day will end without a lynch.

New Countdown

Lynch Tally:

Andy 1 - (TC)

3 votes to hammer.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Cool.

So we've managed to mark TC off since no one else claimed doctor.

We have Firedemon, Me and Andy.

I'm marking myself off for obvious reasons, which leaves Andy and Firedemon.

Firedemon - Advocates lynching on the first day, throws suspicion on me and TC as well. Seems like he's scum hunting, but trying a bit too hard that early. Hesitant on role claiming, before opting to claim vanilla townie after hesitation

I think I agree with the mass claim approach. I'm a townie.
Also I guess I'll unlynch TC but I'm actually slightly suspicious that this whole "doctor can't self-protect" was a failed dunderclaim, in which TC pretends to accidentally reveal he has extra information.
Something about the posts just seem off to me. I can't point anything out, but it just seems antagonistic. It might just be Dunsparce's game though.

Andy - Opted for no lynch, suspicious of me lynching Firedemon, Lynches TC after we unlynch because he finds it suspicious that TC is monitoring activity before backing off on his lynch after claim, before casually claiming town afterwards.

That's just some rough notes that I have outlining the day with my thoughts on their actions.

Top Bottom