Ended Dunsparce's Pathetic Excuse For A Mafia Game - Game Over! Town Wins!

AndyM03

Because there's significant discussion going on, and there's only two hours left in the day, I'm extending the day phase by 24 hours. Without a hammer by the end of this time, the day will end without a lynch.

New Countdown

Lynch Tally:

Andy 1 - (TC)

3 votes to hammer.
Thanks for the extension!
I have unlynched TC btw

Firedemon

Ironically after all these unlynches I'm now wanting to change track and lynch TC. The fact that he can keep track of Jeroth's online activity but not read an OP reeks of opportunism and subtle aggressive play compared to actually reading posts and making the best use of the situation to scum hunt. The timezone thing felt like a failed TC attempt to buddy up with me, with scum TC knowing I'm town. It's not my style to go around claiming "TC is 100% scum" when clearly I could be wrong but I'm pretty fuckin confident in this hunch now.

I'll go as far as to say Lynch TC, but if we end up no lynching then the role claim game is our best bet.
Andy is scum. Here, after Jeroth and I both claimed townie, he attacks TC even though TC is now confirmed from his perspective as a townie. He doesn't necessarily need to claim townie in this situation, as doing so as a townie would reveal the doctor to the scum, but as townie or scum he now should have known TC is the doctor. Lynching the doctor today is an auto-win for scum.

reeks of opportunism and subtle aggressive play compared to actually reading posts and making the best use of the situation to scum hunt.
Yep.

Follow up with this

That seems way too elaborate to make up and is very believable, so I'm going to unlynch TC

*SNIP*

my sights have been set on Firedemon and Jeroth who one of now have to be scum as I am also a vanilla townie.
Where TC's believability is a concern, even though he goes to claim townie and acknowledge that he knows myself or Jeroth to be scum (thus from his perspective, acting TC is pointless AND he knew TC was the doctor).

Lynch Andy

Let's also not forget that these claims have played out a lot like last game. While Andy could have legitimately waited until last to claim as a townie, it is concerning that this is a repeat of his scum play last game.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Still very sus of him and willing to lynch, but don't want to put him one away from hammer just in case we're dumb and Jeroth is scum.
Trust me, if I wanted to hammer, I would have. This is a tricky situation since it's going to be a LYLO unless you protect the correct target. I'd rather make certain we're all on board the proper lynch.

I want to hear more from Andy, but I know we're on borrowed time. I'm suspicious of Andy and I know Firedemon is also building a heavy case around him. I just need to see what Andy posts, so I can glean from it.

AndyM03

That one lynch was TC's lynch on you. I can see why that'd be confusing.
Ahhh shit, sorry. Cheers.
Andy is scum. Here, after Jeroth and I both claimed townie, he attacks TC even though TC is now confirmed from his perspective as a townie.
I've actually been running on the assumption that you're the only one who hadn't claimed. I thought you only claimed alignment, which I've quoted below, and were being just a coy as I've been.
I think I agree with the mass claim approach. I'm a townie.
This ambiguity is almost as bad as TC's dunders. I'll point out this also kills the rest of your argument against me, based around the actions I should do based on knowledge i'd have if I was scum.

He doesn't necessarily need to claim townie in this situation, as doing so as a townie would reveal the doctor to the scum, but as townie or scum he now should have known TC is the doctor. Lynching the doctor today is an auto-win for scum.

Yep.

Follow up with this

Where TC's believability is a concern, even though he goes to claim townie and acknowledge that he knows myself or Jeroth to be scum (thus from his perspective, acting TC is pointless AND he knew TC was the doctor).

Lynch Andy
Let's also not forget that these claims have played out a lot like last game. While Andy could have legitimately waited until last to claim as a townie, it is concerning that this is a repeat of his scum play last game.
A repeat of last game would be me (smartly) keeping my fuckin head down instead of going straight against the current the second you guys both decided to unlynch. Despite that change I had a massive hunch on TC and wanted to go through with it. Him being doctor actually makes sense because to say he's been acting normally this game is a massive stretch, and it's no surprise it's him of all players who made me change my position based on that behaviour.

Speaking of what happened last game, causing drama on day one really set the tone for defeat on day 2. If Dunsparce was even slightly less aggressive he would have stood a far better chance at convincing you on day 2. I'm in his shoes now (potentially if I survive), and I wasn't going to make the same mistake (until my terrible scum hunting sense got the better of me).

I imagine this will be my last post for the day, sorry I couldn't post any earlier.

In case I haven't already,
No Lynch.

Firedemon

I've actually been running on the assumption that you're the only one who hadn't claimed. I thought you only claimed alignment, which I've quoted below, and were being just a coy as I've been.

This ambiguity is almost as bad as TC's dunders. I'll point out this also kills the rest of your argument against me, based around the actions I should do based on knowledge i'd have if I was scum.
So, aside from the fact that in that very quote I had stated I was agreeing with the claiming, implying I was claiming, you went on to say this with no further clarification on my role claim.

my sights have been set on Firedemon and Jeroth who one of now have to be scum as I am also a vanilla townie.
Clearly you did in fact know I was claiming vanilla townie, not just pointlessly stating my alignment. Otherwise you couldn't have concluded that the scum is either myself or Jeroth.

AndyM03

Clearly you did in fact know I was claiming vanilla townie, not just pointlessly stating my alignment. Otherwise you couldn't have concluded that the scum is either myself or Jeroth.
Actually I could conclude that, because TC's story was pretty fuckin elaborate and pretty fuckin believable. I also had to jump to defending myself, because after taking out a risky limb to go and lynch TC, it blew up in my face and almost (and still might) get me lynched, which would be a disaster for the town. Considering i'm TC's number 1 suspect as well, he wouldn't know who to protect besides himself but if I die and he doesn't get the protect right it's gg for us.

So yeah, with a pretty safe, quick and easy assumption that you seem to be ignoring, yeah I could conclude either you or Jeroth are scum. Not a massive leap.

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
Might not get a chance to post again this day phase, so I'll Lynch Andy bringing the total to two. I'm confident enough in Andy being scum to risk relying on protect if we're wrong. But, only if Jeroth is too. So this works well enough.

The Senate (Jeroth) will decide your fate.

Dunsparce

The players have failed to reach a consensus by the end of the allotted time. The day concludes without a lynch.

Night One begins. Night One will end at approximately 1:30 am EST on Sunday. Since that's not possible for me, Night One will actually end when I wake up on that day, or when all possible actions have been sent in. Here's the timer anyway:

Night One Countdown

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
lmao I protected myself. I didn't outright state that, but I thought it was pretty obvious.

Well, shit. Fair enough. I was hoping you targeted Andy or Firedemon to make it easy, but whatever. I should have lynched Andy earlier today, but I had work.

Lynch Andy.

We might as well go for it.

Firedemon

I think I made my case and Andy made his, and since TC blocked his own death this is basically the same position as we were at the end of day 1. I just don't buy the defense that my claim wasn't obviously a claim. I don't have any more to say on this topic unless someone speaks up.

Lynch Andy

AndyM03

I'll save my reveal and post mortem for after Dunsparce posts, but damn that attack on TC really backfired on me.

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
It was really unfortunate that we both posted roleclaims within 2 minutes of each other as well.

I gotta know, though!

Guys,

If my original strat worked and I said "I'm the doctor and I accidentally revealed that I can't self-protect, oh no!" would you have targeted me?

I was pretty sure that Andy would be the only one to kill me in that situation, since FD and Jeroth have too much experience with me at this point to think I'm not up to something stupid.

Top Bottom