Ended Easy's One Punch Mafia (Game over, Town victory)

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
FoS Req for saying he rolled between 1 and 15, as though he actually would have lynched himself had he rolled a 2.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
No shit. Nobody would ever actually lynch themselves. If he'd said 1 to 14, that would've been more legitimate than pretending he was giving everyone, himself included, a fair chance at getting lynched.

Requiem

And then this is the part where we discuss for a page or two the merits of lynching me based upon this shocking revelation, as though anything I say for or against myself won't be misconstrued in any way, ending with me admitting that, "Oh no! Random lynching is a poor way to go about finding someone to lynch on day 1! Gosh durnit!"

Then I either get lynched despite my best efforts to sway you all otherwise or someone else does something we consider boneheaded enough to divert attention from me, the random lyncher, onto the stupid person. Then at the end of it, I reveal my role and everyone questions, whoa now wait maybe we shouldn't! But then maybe we do! Maybe I'm lying! And then because we wasted all of our time we get right down to it and just lynch whoever has the most votes because well someone's gotta die!

Golly gee guys, does this mean I'm going to die on day 1 after my streak of pretty much never dying day 1? Oh noooooo

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Actually, a random lynch (excluding yourself) is as valid an opening lynch as any if you're a townie on day 1, since you've got no other information to go on at that point (though in a role madness game like this, that might actually not be true). The tactical merits of that aren't what we're disputing here - it's that you said you'd included yourself. It's straight-up bad play to include yourself no matter what role you are (save Jesters or similar roles), and it follows that you're probably lying if you say you did.

The fact that you strawmanned the hell out of my argument doesn't really help your case, so I'm going to Unlynch Andy and Lynch Req. Though I'm still suspicious of Andy, Req's done a lot more to draw my lynch.

AndyM03

I at one point made a big argument against Chickenspleen for using RNG on day one, due to him not filming it as a 'proof' of sorts so that he couldn't just pick whoever he wanted to kill.
I'm more against this then Req's including himself in the 15, because I think that's such a simple mistake to make that I certainly wouldn't have given any thought at all. I'm more suspicious of Shizno lynching me when it looked like it would steamroll to my death then anything else. It'd be beneficial for the mafia to innocently push the ball rolling this early.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Filming it wouldn't be proof of anything, though - you could film it over, and over, and over until you got the result you want, making it irrelevant.

I can't say for certain whether or not Shizno is scum, but I don't think "hopping on a reasonable lynch second" is grounds enough to think so, especially a lynch that a lot of people seemed to see as valid. However, now I'm doubly interested in seeing Req lynched, 'cause if Req flips scum, Andy'll have been defending scum while also being suspicious af himself.

AndyM03

Jesus christ unlynch tc Lynch Req
I still stand by my post 2 lynch as mainly just resigning to day 1 insanity, but I can't help but admit all your posts are logically air tight.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
And then this is the part where we discuss for a page or two the merits of lynching me based upon this shocking revelation, as though anything I say for or against myself won't be misconstrued in any way, ending with me admitting that, "Oh no! Random lynching is a poor way to go about finding someone to lynch on day 1! Gosh durnit!"

I will now play this entire game in nothing but reaction images, lynch votes, and FoS until I die.

Lynch Req. God damn it, man.

Top Bottom