[Games] Ecalepafem General

W1LG3RtheCyan

Pretty well. I had to do some other programming to make money, but I'm getting back on track. The physics system is starting to take shape and I'm starting work on the algorithm that will populate the galaxy with planets in a sensible manner. The only truly glaring difference is the fact that the Warlock has been renamed to the Blood Mage, and the Rogue is now the Scoundrel.

Edit: I just realized how little I've posted here. I'll set up a free wiki this week in an attempt to demonstrate everything without the post edits from hell. I haven't covered vehicle tuning, class diversification(similar to WoW and D&D 5e), crafting, etc. Granted, a lot of this stuff only exists in my head at the moment, and it would feel good to get it set in stone regardless.

Last edited:

Walrus

Wilger I can't help with this decision because I don't know enough about Magitech, what stuff looks like, or any of the subtleties in the pros/cons of each possible answer. Without more context, any poll answer from me is just arbitrary.

W1LG3RtheCyan

Thanks for the thought, Walrus. I realized that walking backwards was the better option for what I want and it has already been implemented. Strangely, the majority of the poll reflected either that, or the options menu.

Dunsparce

Is this game gonna be multi player or single player? or both?
Is it gonna be third person or first person?
And do you think you could show us some screen shots or even a little gameplay video? I don't really care about the graphics, so don't worry if it looks like a furry ms paint drawing on deviant art.

W1LG3RtheCyan

1. Both. It's going to be an MMORPG with the option of offline play. Heck, you can even do party dungeon crawls over LAN .
2. Also both. There will be a key toggle between cameras.(Currently assigned to F)
3. I'll put something together this week. Keep an open mind, as nothing has been textured yet and I'm using temporary models to make sure that the physics work.

Dunsparce

1. Is it gonna be like Minecraft where anyone can make a server, or are you gonna have one big server on your computer?

3. Thanks man, and as for keeping an open mind, I'm practically anti-graphics. I think that as many resources should go to gameplay as possible, 'specially this early in development.

W1LG3RtheCyan

The plan is for me to host a server cluster, but I will allow private servers for outdated versions, so long as they fill out the private server request forms once I set up the web site. It won't cost anything for the server code, but I want the private servers to be regulated to some extent and it will allow me to legally state the terms for a server takedown. Basically, don't throw the standards of the original game out the window, and your server will be safe.

Top Bottom