Election News Headquarters: Tirin/TC Interview and Community Update!

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
I'm glad to hear Riyant's stance on these issues, and I wish him the best of luck during electoral season - as well as in his trial by combat against TC.

Rondait

FROM THE EDITORS DESK OF THE MACH TIMES

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Mach Entertainment, The World Wide Web -- Election season has begun for Mach Entertainment, but that isn't the only news to have struck the forum in recent days. A supposed bomb threat caught the forum by storm, but a local news paper, "The Rogue Tusk", claims that mayoral candidate Walrus is largely responsible for keeping the forum safe from the threat. Soon after the claim, an anonymous source sent The Mach Times some information concerning the situation. The Mach Times has been so far unable to verify the claims, and is in no way claiming them to be true, but feels the information should be shared with the public at large to draw their own conclusions.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zvYxB9_XxQWXC7mNy9r5dfBx8boUYLOiIbAPn0rcnk0/edit

Those of us at The Mach Times do not currently believe the information to be reliable, but transparency with the public has always been our top priority, and always will be.

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
A mayoral candidate stopped by 103.3's headquarters during a typically scheduled airing of Rondait's Rocking Evenings, and they were kind enough to give an interview. Other candidates have also been interviewed, and their interviews should be aired later this week.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XXyss5QwShe9MkgkwSbYooz07XJIfKXi/view?usp=sharing
See my debrief of the candidate's interview here: https://machentertainment.com/threads/tc-for-mayor-2018-the-blunder-party.752/

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
This anonymous source needs to come forward if they expect to be taken seriously, especially regarding such monumentally awful claims. In the event that they fail to do so, I think it's safe to say that this person knows that what they said is an unfounded lie, which was designed solely to discredit my campaign. I'd like to point out, in particular, that this mayoral election season had not even begun until after the bomb threat had been resolved - and I was not the person to begin it.

I am all for freedom of the press and so have no problem with Mach Times publishing as such - but I demand that those redactions be removed by Walrus Man and that he disclose his source so that I can get to the bottom of this libel. Otherwise, I will have no choice but to take this matter to Forum Court.

Walrus

It seems a private conversation I was involved in has been leaked. This is troubling news, but, regardless, I will NOT reveal the source I spoke to. Even when leaks and betrayals occur, anonymity is sacred. This is a matter of journalistic integrity.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
If it was a private conversation, Walrus Man, then it is not a leak unless the other party leaked it. You did not "leak" this conversation; you published it. For that reason, you'll be hearing from my lawyer soon.

Walrus

"Journalistic" integrity was perhaps not the most appropriate choice of words. I did not publish this conversation. If you feel a need to get lawyers involved without justification then so be it.

Rondait, I am sorry that this exchange disrupted your headquarters.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
There is plenty of justification. This is an unbridled assault on my character by whomever submitted it, as well as your source - and I will not stand for it.

Rondait

FROM THE EDITOR'S DESK OF THE MACH TIMES

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

The Mach Times would like to issue a correction regarding our last article about a document sent to us by an anonymous source. After further investigation by Mayor @Tirin and consideration by the Mach Times, we would like to formally address the fact that the document's claims were baseless and unfounded. We will be leaving up the last article for review, but note that the Mach Times as of now disregards the document as a reliable source, and any information contained with it should not be taken at face value.

The Mach Times formally apologizes to Mayor @Tirin, and hopes that the article did not damage either his good name or his current mayoral campaign. Second, the Mach Times would like to apologize to our readers for our less than accurate reporting. We hope that you are willing to look past our error in judgement and continue using us our your primary print based new source.

Finally, 103.3 The Mach contacted The Mach Times and asked us to present an announcement. 103.3 The Mach will continue their election coverage by airing their interviews of both @Tirin and @Colonel Thunder this Sunday at 5 PM Eastern Time. Anyone who wishes to air an advertisement during that time may email [email protected] with either an mp3 file or mp4 file containing their advertisement. The advertisement should contain some kind of voice element and speak for itself. As of now, we will not accept twitch clips unless the clip is specifically of someone advertising something relevant to the community. For example, a twitch clip of someone doing something in an embarrassing manner on twitch will not be accepted unless said video also contains a voice element by the one submitting it giving a relevant advertisement. All advertisement submissions should be sent by 12 PM Eastern Time on Sunday. Any advertisement sent after that time will be aired during the next show.

Last edited:

Rondait

((There's a good chance friends may want me to do something at 5 today, so I'm releasing this early. For the sake of lore though it's released at 5. After the interviews there are 2 songs, if you really don't want to hear them you can skip to about 20:25 to hear the community update.))

Mach 103.3 has finally put together and released the interviews with Tirin and TC. This is also the first time we're releasing what is planned to be a weekly "community update", a quick short segment with slightly less serious forum news. Note that the interviews were recorded about 2 weeks ago, so keep that in mind with any comments about time the candidates make.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1r-117XHpMTuvZ7iCYvxw3iyHqWBUqGOo/view?usp=sharing

((With the community update, I'm trying to incorporate some small forum lore things. So lets say in the continuity of the forum you own a diner or a business, if you want a small blurb in the show but don't feel like producing a full fledged add for it, just send me a general synopsis of what you'd like me to say. For example, I could do a few sentences about your forum diner having brunch on sundays, or Shadowcorp needing new interns. No political ads will be placed in the community update. If you want one of those, produce something and send it to me.))

Last edited:

Requiem

This really makes me wish we had our own Fallout radio mod. I'd listen to stuff like this while wandering the wastes all day.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
You know, I find it quite interesting that my interview - conducted before TC's own - promotes that I would like our campaigns to avoid mudslinging as much as reasonably possible, and then Thunderclaw "suggests" that I only care about forum activity now that it's election season. Ignore that, for many years, I worked with roleplayers to keep Fantasy Nations alive; ignore that I'm one of the most consistently active of any forumers, and as both a mod and prosecutor deter others from breaking our vaunted laws.

I further find it strange that Thunderclaw is criticizing Riyant's choice of game when he took the "initiative" to go afield in purchasing a foreign champion's service, and was the person to appeal to Easy for trial by combat to begin with in the hopes of escaping his sentence. But, sure - put the blame for it on two of your mayoral opponents.

By the way, Rondait - thanks for making this, and thank you especially for playing both Roundaout and Iris on the Mach. I was looking forward to it the moment that you mentioned it; the community updates are great, too.

Top Bottom