Election News Headquarters: Tirin/TC Interview and Community Update!

Rondait

MOST RECENT 103.3 STORY
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1r-117XHpMTuvZ7iCYvxw3iyHqWBUqGOo/view?usp=sharing

MOST RECENT MACH TIMES STORY
Is on page 3.

With the forum election cycle having apparently started, the news media has been hard at work preparing for the incoming interviews and opinion pieces.

They say video killed the radio star, but the local radio station, 103.3 The Mach, was the first to report. The report came in the middle of their usual late night classic rock radio show. The local DJ/news reporter wishes they could afford a better mic, but the one they have will have to suffice. Damn budget cuts.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tBCI3yGoVY1lrq1SYdKRBFy4hu69cywf/view?usp=sharing

((Holy hell, i never noticed the audio quality difference of mics before taking this broadcasting class. I really need to spend a hundred bucks and get a decent one as well as an audio mixer at some point.))

Last edited:

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
I... I'm actually impressed. This was super great, man. I didn't expect it to be so clear, crisp and good. My only gripe is that I would cut the intro to fifteen seconds since it drags, but I really liked this and I'm eager to see how it goes. I think the music was on point and I was surprised when you actually played yourself out.

I'm throwing an addition on my platform to make a larger budget for 103.3 The Mach.

Requiem

Rondait for... fuck, I dunno, someone give him an official role or change his title under his username to something sexy.

Requiem

What's a good for its price headset around 20-30 bucks? I just want something that will last, fit comfortably on my head out of the box, and that has decent sound quality when chatting online. If it can work on a game console and a computer, that would be a plus.

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
I...could not be more proud of you, son. I don't know what to say. I'm honored that you're following in my footsteps, and dwarfing them at the same time! Blooky and I just stared at each other in silence for 3 minutes listening to the show so far.

...I only wish your mother and sister were here to see this. I know they'd be so proud of you too.

Requiem

((At that price point I'm not entirely sure. I use the RAZER Kraken at the moment.))
Any recommendations for a headset even a little more expensive? Mostly just wondering what I should be looking for beyond just good reviews and ratings.

And just to repeat it, this is amazing. If this is what you're learning to do at school or what you're working towards doing for a job, you're gonna kill it, seriously.

Rondait

((Thanks for the compliments everyone. I really do appreciate it. Adobe Audition with radio production was what I just finished learning, with video production and Adobe Premier Editing being what we are on now. As far as military jobs go, I have to say it's pretty sweet. For headphones, these seem pretty good for being under fifty bucks if you have Amazon Prime. https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-G430-Headphone-Cable-Sports-Performance/dp/B00CQ35C1Q/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_23_bs_t_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=8A02GPADPKC2FCHAEPTF))

Requiem

Thanks! I had thought you were in the military, but I guess the broadcasting class comment threw me for a loop, haha.

Edit: That all meaning I knew you were in the military, but didn't think they specifically gave you guys "classes." I figured everything was more or less classified as training and not a class, but that was silly to think haha

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
It would be a lie for me to say that this was anything but absolutely beautiful. Thanks for dedicating your time to covering the election in a fair and unbiased manner, Rondait; we could always use more in the media like you.

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Great job on the audio. Curious, do you run a compressor on your vocals? I also use Audition for vocals and have messed around with compression and was wondering if you would mind sharing some settings.

Rondait

((I've messed around with tube modeled compressors, but honestly I've had more consistent results running match loudness.

Generally with match loudness I run
Target Loudness: -19 LUFS
Tolerance 0.5 LU
Max True Peak: -6
and leave everything else default.

That typically takes care of the vast majority of the vocals, but if a significant portion of the vocals doesn't quite peak at -6 after that usually i'll just bump it up manually from there.))

103.3 The Mach announces that their first election interview will play on the evening news report at 5 PM EST today.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
"The like closed with the dollar today" is an absolutely fantastic line.

I can speak to Walrus Man (or anybody) with regards to the points-based system as I'm aware of it; there is a way for users' points to expire (it's set by the moderator or admin), but how long they should endure is another thing which is predominantly left up to the admin or moderator to decide.

As a moderator myself, I'm personally of the opinion that repeated or especially serious offences should lead to longer point durations (as with most justice systems); a one-month duration, for example, serves as more of a slap on the wrist and "don't do this sorta thing" - but longer durations can more effectively discourage a user from breaking the rules.

Rondait

To place an add on 103.3, an individual or business would have to simply send me the MP3 containing their advertisement by placing it on google drive and sharing the file with me, from there I will download it and it could very well appear on the show. If they have not or can not produce their own MP3 advertisement, we can work that out as well. Advertisements should preferably be no longer than 30 seconds, but well produced advertisements of longer than 30 seconds will be considered.

Last edited:

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Now with TC's announcement of candidacy I think there's almost no non-candidate voters. Coincidentally I am running for mayor. Seriously though, I'm putting consideration on giving the mayor some official powers, thoughts at the moment are to have them spearhead any joint resolution/proposed amendments. Possible responsibilities include the working with the forum to word joint resolutions, organizing the votes and reviewing the revisions made to joint resolutions before approving or making additional revisions.

Depending on what the forum is interested in seeing their mayor held responsible for, I'll make the appropriate changes in the constitution to reflect it.

The Hound

Just Monika
Now with TC's announcement of candidacy I think there's almost no non-candidate voters.
I'm not running so I guess it's up to all these guys (and Cutiepool) to convince me that they're the right person for the job. To think this could all come down to me and like Shadow to decide who gets all that power.

Top Bottom