External Science Fantasy RolePlay on Steam forums.

Zapy97

ReconMaster has given me permission to advertise a steam group which hosts a Sci-fi roleplay here on the forums. The sci-fi RP is in its third chapter which is at about 230 posts. I am currently looking for members who can be semi-active creating their races and factions before the next chapter starts. The current chapter is a character focused chapter that is designed around a small group of characters and their adventure.

The next chapter will be more easily accessible to newcomers. For the most part almost anything goes for what you can make in terms of your faction just so long as it is not powerful beyond the scope of the RP. There are basic ground rules and grammer standards that are enforced by our two moderators, Septum and myself.

A bit of history about our group is that we started on the steam group for LSG creating an RP that lasted for 7,000 posts. Eventually we migrated to our own steam group so we could have our own moderators and admins. Once there we created our RP universe which contains factions we adapted from a couple popular science fiction series.

Our first chapter lasted for 1,300 posts had a short interim period between the it and the next chapter which picked up fifteen years and lasted for 680 posts. The current chapter picks up about seventy five years after the second chapter.

The Lore for the RP kinda goes a little something like this. The Human empire the largest and most powerful faction guided by the Human God-Emperor a ridiculously powerful entity in the mysterious force called the "will" gets in a bunch of wars with aliens while the Inquisitors lead by Serrus a powerful will user that tries to avert and end the wars. This is all is interrupted by the emperor inadvertently causing his downfall by awakening the supposed King of Chaos which was destined by the human will to free itself from the tyrannical clutches of the god emperor. This led to a short battle on earth which climaxed in the two godlike entities fighting it out briefly and then the God-emperor being defeated and the King of Chaos dissipating back into the collective human will. The inquisitors are then banished by the military junta that took over in the absence of the god-emperor but not before the inquisitors ran off with all of their secrets.

The RP continues fifteen years later with the outbreak of a second war between the Empire, the titans and the Sangheili which the Empire wins with the help of Governor station who is guided by the new Illurian race which was the Inquisitor Order that had been transformed by being put in suspended animation in the unique glasses of the planet Kasedon. The chapter ends with the Ryezon annexing both the sangheili and the Titan empires who except for certain small groups which escaped the war.

The story picks up seventy three years later and of course the Illurians had been manipulating everything to break out in a great war between the the Ryezon and Human Empires. This war annihilates the Ryezon navy however the Human Empire's unity had been unraveling for years and it falls into a five year civil war of everyone fighting everyone else. This civil war is then interrupted by a galaxy spanning invasion by the Thargoids which threatens to wipe out all civilization as it is known in the galaxy and that is where chapter three starts.

Link to the steam group can be found here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Role-Plays

Last edited:

Dunsparce

That's a nice Warhammer 40k fanfic.

I occasionally get a hair up my ass to join one of these RPs, but I always decide not to because I know I'll just end up getting bored like three posts in. I don't want to ruin it for you guys. I actually do have a couple ideas for fictional alien races that may or may not be stolen, so maybe I'll give it a shot. Don't hold your breath on it, though.

Zapy97

Paragraphs pls
*Sarcastic voice* Gah was two not plural enough for you then Fiiiiine. Have like 7 and a sentence.
That's a nice Warhammer 40k fanfic.

I occasionally get a hair up my ass to join one of these RPs, but I always decide not to because I know I'll just end up getting bored like three posts in. I don't want to ruin it for you guys. I actually do have a couple ideas for fictional alien races that may or may not be stolen, so maybe I'll give it a shot. Don't hold your breath on it, though.
We are kinda getting towards the tail end of 40k universe's prevalence. There are talks between Septum and myself reduce the influence of it. I said before pretty much anything goes and we are very welcoming to newcomers. Just adding a couple more races would add to the RP universe as it is. The next chapter probably won't start for a month or two since the current one is not finished and there are usually decently sized interim periods.
"we rp, we do the sci fi, have many post in story, please play with"
Basically.

Top Bottom