Fantasy Nations RP [OOC]

Zapy97

Requesting Permission to Totally scrap the Oberland and rejoin the RP with a different nation. What is the current map anyways?

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Requesting Permission to Totally scrap the Oberland and rejoin the RP with a different nation. What is the current map anyways?
Not... really sure how well that'll work, since the Oberland's entangled in a bunch of shit and would require a legion of edits to "undo". The current map is technically correct, but is going to have to be scrapped because Nostastone and Haven have been completely ignored by the assholes that created them.

Zapy97

Would I just be able to make an entire new nation then? Can I just not acknowledge the Oberland is mine?

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
I suppose so. I'll see if it's even possible to disentangle Oberland and potentially free up that space by deleting it; I'm genuinely not sure whether I have access to a map version old enough to remove it.

Zapy97

I suppose so. I'll see if it's even possible to disentangle Oberland and potentially free up that space by deleting it; I'm genuinely not sure whether I have access to a map version old enough to remove it.
let me check my computer and this is the best I got.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
That may help with cutting off West Oberland, but East will almost certainly remain a problem.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
That'll make it easier for me, at least; I'll just have to remove the text for East Oberland instead of trying to unfuck the entire thing. Get to making your nation; some aspects of it'll probably have to be factored into past events, and frankly I'm not gonna bother with removing West Oberland until it's been accepted.

Zapy97

How long has the RP been going since I have been gone. I might just say that the entire Oberland fell into a massive civil war or something and became something totally different. Like what events occurred in the Oberland?

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Basically fuck all has been going on in Oberland since you bailed, on account of nobody having the interest to manage that plotline on top of stuff we were already doing. Only thing that really happened was Riyant's nation trying to establish diplomatic ties to West Oberland, and he's all but disappeared.

Zapy97

Just to check with you for some pointers on the basic plot:
1. The East-West war becomes a massive slog fest due to massive leadership incompetence on both sides.
2. The war puts a massive strain on both economies as it becomes a war for resources like, the East needs food but the West needs arms and armor.
3. The war breaks down into both sides raiding the other side abandoning their prior traditional more formal means of warfare.
4. The East experiences societal collapse followed by a few final victories by the Westerners ending the war with the East under the West.
5. The westerners then fight among themselves over the spoils of war in the east namely the experimental weapons and other knowledge from the East.
6. The Behodrung use the opportunity and cause even more chaos by assassinating the monarchs leaving only lords left.
7. The Lords begin fighting among themselves until very few remain.
8. The peasant folk then overthrow the lords led by intellectuals who had relatively escaped casualty during the war and chaos.
9. The Chaos ends with a final defeat of the Behodrung at the Slaughter of Diamantauge
10. With more than 60% of both East and West Oberlands now dead. A new Republic of Eisenkernland emerges to govern the Territory that used to be both Oberlands.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
It has been less than three months in-story, and that plan would also get you brutally fucked.

Zapy97

Revised version.
1. The East-West war becomes a massive slog fest due to massive leadership incompetence on both sides. Engaging in a total war.
2. The war puts a massive strain on both economies due to no preparedness on either side.
3. The East is able to assassinate to the Monarchs of the West leaving inexperienced princes to govern.
4. The East experiences societal collapse followed by a final victory by the Westerners ending the war with the East under the West in about two months
5. The westerners then fight among themselves over the spoils of war in the east namely the experimental weapons and other knowledge from the East.
6. The Behodrung use the opportunity and cause even more chaos by assassinating the Princes and top Lords gutting the ruling class across the entire Oberland.
7. The Behodrung are then defeated by the common Eisenkernlanders lead intellectuals across the Entire Oberland.
8. With more than 40% of both East and West Oberlands now dead. A new Republic of Eisenkernland emerges to govern the Territory that used to be both Oberlands.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
The main problem with that is the part I bolded, not "you might get rekt".

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
That's almost certainly a better play. If anything's done with Oberland, it should be scrubbing it altogether - which would be a giant pain in the ass for me - rather than time-shifting it by months with no interaction.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Yeah, see... the problem there is it's prettymuch goddamn impossible. Saying "it took this long" doesn't give me much reason to accept it, it's just a really lazy device so you don't have to do as much work.

Zapy97

Yeah, see... the problem there is it's prettymuch goddamn impossible. Saying "it took this long" doesn't give me much reason to accept it, it's just a really lazy device so you don't have to do as much work.
Okay enjoy going to the work of scrapping the Oberland. I was not trying to get out of my work but trying to save you work. I was planning on expanding each point into a paragraph or two. I couldn't think of another situation that would give a such a radical change in three month period. I rewrote it as best as I could think and now you are attacking my character based on your own biases.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
That wouldn't save me any work; I'd still need to scrap borders and remove and add text, as well as add your new nation and remove the old two. There effectively is no situation which could result in a change like that in three months; in real life the French Revolution took a decade, most of which was spent at war, and nowhere near that proportion of Frenchmen were killed. Condensing the collapse of two major countries (and reformation into one) into three months is effectively impossible. Shit, even the most one-sided of wars tend to take years.

If you want a new nation, make a new nation.

Top Bottom