Feels Thread

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
This thread was idle for a year, so that means all of our lives are going great! ...right?

Things have actually been pretty good for Blooky and I. A couple of health scares and career swings, but things are looking bright. We ended up in our "worst case scenario" regarding moving plans, but honestly it's still pretty damn good. Double the floorspace in this apartment for basically the same price we were paying before, so can't complain there. I sure wish I had accomplished more game development this year, but this was kind of a "rebuilding" year so I'm not too broken up about it.

I hope things have been well for you all! Or at least tolerable.

Milamber

Donor III
I'm glad things are going good for you and Blooky. You are also owed an overdue congratulations regarding your announcement.

This year is currently acting like a rebuilding year for myself. I left my previous work and went through a few months of unemployment but have thankfully found a new job with another company that has some great people and work opportunities. Once I recoup some of my savings, I'm hoping to revaluate what I want for the next few years.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
And nearly a year later, I post about what the fuck's happened. It's... good, surprisingly. Looking back on this thread I'm just like "holy shit my life is awesome by comparison". Has some similarities to stuff Milamber's been going through- I suppose it really has been a rebuilding year after the shitshow that was last September to February.

I finished school (again), then made a move to a bigger city in my province in June (initially living with family, which was an awful situation, before moving into an apartment with some acquaintances at the end of August). The roommates are great and I was lucky enough to get into a new relationship in August as well, which has been thoroughly fucking grand to the point of... exceeding the one previously mentioned by a wide margin, in no small part due to not being long-distance. I'm like, really motherfucking happy to be honest.

There is one problem, though: I've been unemployed since April, and my savings aren't improving any given the lack of a job or any real routine. I'm looking for work, but way too picky to take something shitty - I'm hungry for opportunity. So... here's hoping I don't need to take the self-nuclear option of jobs and work retail or etcetera. Fortunately I've found a wealth of solid things to apply to recently. Wish me luck, fuckers.

Top Bottom