Forum Election: The Vote

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Who gets the vote? How is the vote done? Ranking system or direct polling? What restrictions should be put on who can vote, if any? Do we need to designate some poor soul as an electoral officer? Post here about what you think is fair or makes sense; once it seems like everything's died down, I'll combine the most popular options into a poll.

Requiem

Ugh, you know what I mean, Tirin. Literal people, not every account. I explained that in discord, lol.

It's not that serious, overall. If individual members vote, there we go. Hooray.

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
Feel free to discuss all ideas, but IMO we should get clarification from @RECONmaster on whether or not the position of Mayor will actually have any technical forum powers or not before we actually decide on what to do.

I think most of us agree that the position of Mayor should not have any technical powers, but that's up to Recon.

Assuming that the position holds no actual power, I don't see a good reason to restrict voting beyond obvious reasons (Xander and Dunsparce cannot both vote). Earlier I suggested that maybe we should not accept votes from folks who have been completely inactive for over a year, but eh. If hella inactive folks are coming back just to vote on behalf of a scummy candidate who told them to...then there's a decent chance at least one of them is going to see what else we have going on, and maybe stick around for a bit. Even if that ended up throwing the election unfairly in one candidate's favor, I think that'd be worth it.

Though, l should really hope that any candidates reaching out to inactives are doing so for the sake of getting them involved in our community again, and not just for the sake of a free vote. That'd be really against the spirit of this thing.

PSA: A lot of us are going to fall behind on Discord chat/voice chat if it stays wonderfully active like today. Heck, some of us don't even read it at all. If there's any serious considerations to be had let's make an effort to clarify it on the forum instead of just Discord.

Lumpy

Do some kind of elimination system. As long as we get it down to two or three choices, there are enough real forumers that people using alt accounts or getting their friends to vote for them shouldn't be a problem. As long as we don't get an influx of obvious fake accounts by anyone pathetic enough to take this seriously, it'll be fine.

Requiem

What Lumpy said. Elimination system works great.

Or we have people fight in a trial by combat to decide the mayor. ;)

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Elimination brackets sound like a pretty solid idea if we end up with enough candidates for it, and given that we've got five or six still in and the possibility of even more, I think it could work.

Rondait

It's uh, really weird that you bring that up, that's the second time I've heard that in under an hour lol. I'd be more than happy to if we can all schedule a time to do it.

AndyM03

Preferential voting would be best, and easier to organise then brackets. Don't even have to make a preference for each candidate, just as many preferences as you want.

Hell if you're worried about counting I can do it.

AndyM03

I was thinking PM's to be honest, and I could even animate the vote like a race and release a video.

I'm not running so it's not too much of a stretch to have me count it, maybe I could screenshot stuff for Forum court justice Easy to adjudicate.

Top Bottom