Forumer Chat Thread

Firedemon

I swear, not only is this the third time, this is the fourth time you've told us of this happening to you,

The extra time was when it turned out after an hour of fishing it had never broken off in the first place.

Whitetiger

The only Telltale game I've played was the Game of Thrones one, which was a pretty shit videogame. I could have had a better experience if I had watched it on youtube instead of spending money on it. It became glaringly obvious that your choices didn't matter. And you can be like "Dude it's Game of Thrones, of course your choices don't matter, people get fucked over for no reason." But that's usually not the case in the series or the books.
Also there's a point in which a soldier in armor and a teenage boy wearing rags get into a fight
and you can save the boy and kill the soldier or run away. I, unlike 70+% of the other people that played the game (according to ingame stats) just ran away because I didn't want to get in trouble for killing one of the queen's men. Then lo and behold this fucking coal boy comes back and says he killed the guard alone and is pissed that you left him. I stopped playing shortly after that because it's obvious there wasn't actually a choice and it just seemed so fucking unlikely for to happen but it had to happen so that they didn't have to write any branching paths in the event the soldier lives and you get away.
I'm aware the other games are supposedly better, but that's just one example of shit that bothered me about the game. Another point is making one of the main villains a character who has plot armor because they're in the show and books so they clearly aren't going to die in some shitty spin-off game. Feel free to get the bundle, I'd just recommend you hold off on the Game of Thrones game specifically. It wasn't very satisfying as a fan and my friend told me the ending sucked anyway (and he's a complete Telltale fanboy so I believe him about that).

13thforsworn

I've heard similarly poor things about the GoT ones, but I've heard amazing things about TWD Season 1, The Wolf Among Us, and Tales From the Borderlands (which is apparently the best of all of them). TWD Season 2 wasn't as good as Season 1 apparently, but still very enjoyable. I own Poker Night 1, and it's a really fun chill game to play and get a good laugh out of the banter. Plus TF2 items if you're into that. I imagine Poker Night 2 will be similar. I haven't bought the bundle yet, but I think this is one of the best value for money bundles I've ever seen.

AndyM03

Legit shit
Agreed, sorry 13th.
I really liked The Walking Dead season 1, I admit that, but they haven't updated their formula at alll and I got tired of the choices not changing much really quickly.
Like, once I researched what all the other choices did after finishing Season 1, I literally felt betrayed at how little everything I had done meant. Like, I enjoyed the story, but if that's all I was in it for I would have been interacting with another medium. In my opinion TellTale are falling for the same problem Creative Assembly has, they have a monopoly on their take of the genre and they're milking it. Going off on a tangent but I hope my high hopes for Total War: Warhammer aren't completely misplaced, i'm praying CA has learnt some lessons...

Tag_Ross

The pokey end of the floss pick broke off in my teeth and I can't fish it out.

This is like the third time this has happened how am I still alive
Pfft, that's nothing, last weekend a small chunk of floss got stuck between my teeth and every time I used more floss to fish it out it would also get stuck, so I had to get a toothpick (the wood kind) and I had to push it between my gums from the inside of my mouth.

Something like this happens every other year.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
I have like 60 hours in ck2 and I still have no idea what I'm doing. you're in for a treat. a life consuming treat. ck2 is slowly turning me into a heartless wife-and-son murdering eugenics supporter
If your heir isn't a strong, beautiful, Midas-touched genius, he can just fuck right off.

Tag_Ross

Back to the topic of Telltale's Game of Thrones, all the choices only mattered for an episode or two before something happens that makes your choice meaningless. There's this post where you can either become a friend or enemy to a guy.
if you make friends with him he'll run away from the Night's Watch with you and another guy, if he's your enemy he doesn't even run into you. You would think with an extra person things would be better when you're attacked North of The Wall right?

He dies. There are a couple extra lines of dialogue and then he dies, then there's about two lines after that mention him and then the game jumps onto the same path as the one where you and he weren't enemies. No difference in your food stores, no extra items, doesn't even make the two battles he's in easier(he'll the actions are the exact same) all he does is fight a wight that wasn't there in the other path, keeping to the background until he dies.

The ending was pretty shitty, it basically said, "yeah, you knew this wasn't going to be a one season game, we're not even going to try to give it a place to comfortably end." Not a single storyline truly ended.
except the one that dies

13thforsworn

I'm actually really fucking pissed right now I need a place to vent.

I just got called back to my summer job (which is great), but literally the ONE FUCKING PERSON I wanted to work with again is on another shift. The people on my shift are cool people to hang with, but terrible people to work with. This guy did everything, no questions asked (unless it was unsafe work of course). These people get butthurt over doing a job they don't like and half-ass it. It irritates the fuck out of me. I was actually looking forward to working with this dude again because he was a good worker, AND he was a cool dude to hang with, but I guess not.

Me IRL:

EDIT: FUCK AND I JUST REALIZED I PROBABLY GOT THE SHITTIEST SHIFT FUCK THIS IS THE WORST

Last edited:

AndyM03

13th that sucks dude. Hopefully you can not awkwardly tell your co-workers to man the fuck up but that doesn't look like it'll happen.

13thforsworn

13th that sucks dude. Hopefully you can not awkwardly tell your co-workers to man the fuck up but that doesn't look like it'll happen.
Ya, it's pretty doubtful. Last year, I was one of the three new guys working on third shift. When a group of individuals get together, one person naturally fills in the "power vacuum" and becomes the "leader". I was that person. It kind of just happened, probably because I had some previous experience in what we were doing. I had a certain standard of work I personally had to meet, and they followed suit. I never really gave them the opportunity to slack off when we were working. If there was down time, then cool, but when we actually had shit to do, it was pedal to the metal. They weren't lazy, so that helped a lot. It sounds like I'm stroking my own dick, and I guess I kind of am, but I have a perfect evaluation from my boss to back it up. He had only ever given a perfect evaluation three times to summer workers. And it was to the three of us.

Because we have seniority this year, we got bumped up to second shift (which is in my opinion the worst shift, actually). We're working with dudes who have been back multiple summers. They have their own standard of work, and I personally don't agree with it. I can't tell them what to do, they've been there longer than I have. They'll keep doing their thing, and I can't do anything about it. I guess they're not all TERRIBLE, but there were a couple of people I had a problem with (in terms of working, as people they were cool). They'd leave their work space in complete fucking mess and I'd have to spend the first 15 minutes of my shift cleaning up after them. Because we were on a time schedule, this mattered a lot. It also meant looking for equipment that wasn't dirty in order to finish the job, and since nobody ever bothered to clean their equipment, I again had to either scavenge for clean stuff or clean the dirty stuff. Again, time wasted when we didn't really have any.

The reason why my friend got fucked was because he was basically last on the seniority list. They had x amount of spots for first/second shift, and he was x+1 on the list. Really shitty. He'll probably be training the new guys on third shift, hopefully he leads by example and they'll do a good job.

Last edited:
Top Bottom