Forumer Chat Thread

Firedemon

"Evaluation of protein structural changes and water mobility in chicken liver paste batters prepared with plant oil substituting pork back-fat combined with pre-emulsification"

I found this in the Journal of Food Chemistry. Remind me to never be a food chemist.

Firedemon

I wasn't trying to drag TC into that, but I was planning on a doing a prequel thing in the summer. Still not sure which of the things I'm actually doing. I am particularly fond of the Thunderclawnian-Ogden War, but I don't think I can really do justice to the image of it I have in my mind. Mainly because I imagine it would have to revolve around naval battles and amphibious landings of large forces using primarily guns, fighting other large forces using primarily guns. I don't know how well it would turn out if I ran an RP of that nature.

Though, if any of you are interested, let me know which of these you'd like to see.

Thunderclawnian-Ogden War (Island hopping campaign against Ogden. In my mind, this would generally resemble the Pacific Theater of WWII. As I'm thinking right now, you'd probably all be Thunderclawnian Marines. Based on the arbitrary timescale of the short stories I had been writing, this war should end about 20 years before the War RP started.)
The Founding of Firedemonia (Essentially the Overlord raising his first armies and marching across what was the Kingdom of Katyr, down to what would later become Thunderclawnia and Mahdnakorp (that weird snowy place where violence can't happen for some reason that will actually be explained in this). This would actually explain where a lot of the Overlord's power came from, and why he was actually weakening in the War RP if anyone caught and remembered my hints about it.)
Kaidart/Renorik's Origin Story (Kaidart was that fallen paladin that the Overlord had enthralled, if anyone remembers him. He was kinda depressing/emo/what-have-you. Renorik was the evil son of a bitch that defected to Thunderclawnia and randomly murdered the little kid in his story (not necessarily in that order). Their origin story is essentially a paladin order launching a pretty successful crusade against Firedemonia, then getting utterly wrekt m8.)

Last edited:

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
An important thing for any RP to take into account is what the players want to do with their characters. While many, myself included, would enjoy a bit of warrin', they'd probably also like if it were interspersed with other content that's more conducive to character and plot development.

Firedemon

There would be such time in that hypothetical RP ideally, though my main concern is actually that the combat part of the RP would become rather dull rather quickly. I think I know how I might adjust things to make this more interesting. I have some ideas floating about. Or I could be entirely misjudging the appeal of RPing this sort of combat.

Firedemon

I kinda figured you'd be too busy for such an endeavor. That's why I didn't try to get the band back together on this one.

By the way, TC, we should start a band. We could call ourselves "The Archnemesis-es" and then disband because we were too successful and couldn't handle it anymore.

Top Bottom