Forumer Chat Thread

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
I'd like if they were done, but can't say that I'd be able to find the time to do them myself. School just started and I've taken on a few extra responsibilities, and I'm again trying to work on a workable homebrew (or at least semi-homebrew) D&D setting.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
'm again trying to work on a workable homebrew (or at least semi-homebrew) D&D setting.
If you want help, I totally recommend Matt Colville's "Running The Game" Playlist. He brings up a creative way to use certain things. You can skip around his video playlist to things that interest you:

The full playlist is above and that's just his first video. I really learned a lot from him. He's very good for the "Behind the Scenes" work as a DM.

I'm also available to chit chat if you want advice.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
You mean Mahometan?

Dragonruby

All the Marines were milling around outside, wondering if we were gonna go to war finally. Everyone was less shitting themselves and more itching to go.

13thforsworn

Do you guys remember that crazy story about how after the Soviet Union collapsed, the old Soviet nuclear detection system sprang to life and started blaring its sirens? And Borys Yeltsin had to make the decision as to whether to active Russia's nuclear arsenal? But then he decided to give Bill Clinton a call before doing it? Turns out it was a false alarm. We were that close to a nuclear war.

I pray that Donald Trump is never put in this position again.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
All the Marines were milling around outside, wondering if we were gonna go to war finally. Everyone was less shitting themselves and more itching to go.
Even though they were in Hawaii? Shit, the only place I'd be itching to go at that kind of moment is "way the fuck away from Hawaii."

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
Everyone gets the "you're still here" award for still being here.
On that note, didn't Urealms come out in 2008? If we can find out the exact date the first cartoon came out, we should hold a celebration of ten years of adventure, friendship, and the miracle of the internet connecting buncha dorks from around the world.

13thforsworn

First forums launched sometime in 2007. Not sure when, I think I joined around September 2008. I'm sure if we listened to Episode 1 of the first Legendary Heroes podcast, we could get a rough date based on what they were talking about i.e. Sunwell Plateau raid release in WoW.

EDIT: Holy fuck that intro though, it still sounds badass to this day.

Episode 1 of the podcast was December 7th, 2007.

EDIT 2: The oldest forums predate my time, but the second forums, where a lot of us met, launched in December of 2007. The third forums were the last ones that Rob closed down.

Last edited:

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
EDIT: Holy fuck that intro though, it still sounds badass to this day.
Yeah, man. It's very surreal to hear Johnny; it also doesn't help that I work with a guy named Jonathan who is very much like Johnny Voruz in appearance and personality. I still wonder how Unforgotten Realms would have worked if he stayed on board.

The oldest forums predate my time, but the second forums, where a lot of us met, launched in December of 2007.
Oh damn, that seems reasonably close enough to warrant a ten year anniversary.

But yeah, even Tirin - one of the ancients on the forums, jumped in on the first forum towards the end of its lifespan if I remember. Correct me if I'm wrong @Tirin . I know I jumped on board when the podcast was brand new and I remember there was a fan podcast; "Legendary Zeroes" done by Mr. Satan, BibiAzra, Luka, Charctic, and it was edited by Adeliveryquest.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Er...maybe we should base the celebration off of the anniversary of the first forumers going up? Anybody have eyes on that?
Anniversary of which forumers? If you meant forum, well - as mentioned, we're a little bit late for that.

I know the exact date that I was made Adventurer (I saved it, thinking that it was important or relevant), but not the one I joined. Pretty confident that it was in May of 2008, as I don't remember the end of the first forum and I wasn't there for a lot of Johnny-related stuff. Then again, I also prettymuch didn't leave the RP subforum until late 2008 or early 2009.

Requiem

I got my adventurer in a few weeks. I used to have it memorized, but that info is faded by now. I don't really remember the dates though... Let me check my photobucket. I don't use it at all anymore, but I know I saved the PM from 0corn when we found out the forums were getting blown up

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
Anniversary of which forumers? If you meant forum, well - as mentioned, we're a little bit late for that.

I know the exact date that I was made Adventurer (I saved it, thinking that it was important or relevant), but not the one I joined. Pretty confident that it was in May of 2008, as I don't remember the end of the first forum and I wasn't there for a lot of Johnny-related stuff. Then again, I also prettymuch didn't leave the RP subforum until late 2008 or early 2009.
Great, so since we missed all the important 10 year anniversaries, the only one we have left is to celebrate Tirin. Dangit.

I think I've finally reached the point where I've spent more time with you fucks after Rob shut down the forums than while we were actually on them. Fucking weird.
This is disconcerting, please stop.

Top Bottom