Forumer Chat Thread

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Alright, now the portal is back up and running again. Pretty much all that's left is to fund is the streaming plugin.

Requiem

I feel like donors should get some sort of swaggy title, or just a title of their choice, if they want it.

It'd be nice :)

Zircom

i just feel it fits with the self-deprecating and edgy vibe we have going around here sometimes. and also, i think that giving rewards for donating is pointless and just serves to divide communities when there's suddenly tangible benefits to donating. having your name on the front page of the forum is plenty.

Lumpy

Top donor should get a fancy title. The rest should have less fancy titles than non-donors.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Surely our Mayor will post his thoughts on economic reform soon.
I am actually deliberating on a possible fundraiser for Mach Entertainment. Possibly a Battlerite tournament with a buy-in of $5 donated to the site(Still trying to figure out how much I want it to be). Winner of the tournament gets a chance at a steam game.

@RECONmaster - What's your opinion on custom titles for donations? Fun cosmetic perks donating a certain amount.

Alright, now the portal is back up and running again. Pretty much all that's left is to fund is the streaming plugin.
Is there any chance for the portal to show the users online, the recent activity and everything that it had before? I enjoyed it when the recent threads were front and center.

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
What's your opinion on custom titles for donations? Fun cosmetic perks donating a certain amount.
I'm open to this and was thinking of doing something similar. Donor's already get a green banner with donor in it as is but we can do some cosmetics for usernames. Custom titles wise what were you thinking?

users online, the recent activity and everything that it had before?
I'll look into that.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
I'll look into that.
Thank you very much. I'm glad that it's returned back to normal.

I'm open to this and was thinking of doing something similar. Donor's already get a green banner with donor in it as is but we can do some cosmetics for usernames. Custom titles wise what were you thinking?
As far as custom titles go, I was thinking that it could be up to the individual? Or have a basic donator title at a $5/10 (I'm no idea of the cost of running the servers) or allow a custom one at a higher donation amount?

Just spitballing some ideas.

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah I'd be cool with a hierarchical donation title system. Something like $5 gets a green tag, $10 gets a gold tag and anything higher than $11 enabled you to have your own custom title.

There's also things we could do with usernames, but I'm not sure how I feel about that. In other forum software (Enjin specifically) I've seen that donors get a gold and sparkly usernames which is something we could do, minus the sparkles cause that would make me want to gouge my eyes out with a set of tweezers.

One thing about this system though that I'm not a fan of is that while I'm okay with rewarding donations, I feel every donation should be appreciated equally.

Something Like this but with tier 3 allowing custom user title:

Screenshot-2018-4-25 Hello Again .png
Screenshot-2018-4-25 Hello Again (1).png
Screenshot-2018-4-25 Hello Again (2).png

Walrus

Big fan of the goal-focused donation milestones, and congrats to everyone that has now already passed them while I've been off-site these past few days.
One thing about this system though that I'm not a fan of is that while I'm okay with rewarding donations, I feel every donation should be appreciated equally.
+1

Requiem

That's what I was envisioning too. Donate a specific amount, get the free perks for whatever your amount gets you. It's not even really about getting people to donate, we're a small enough community that whoever does donate is probably gonna do it regardless of a "reward." Giving people some stuff for a donation isn't really all that bad at all, since it would mostly just be some fancy color/custom title under your name.

just serves to divide communities when there's suddenly tangible benefits to donating
I mean, there already is a tangible benefit to donating, we help Recon keep the server on and active. Adding some cosmetic stuff really wouldn't hurt anything, I don't think. It's pretty standard on other sites that have donation stuff set up. And if people in this community in particular, after all the years we've been together, are gonna start further dividing people up just because someone donated and got some color/a fancy name for themselves, then I dunno what to tell you. I find that highly unlikely.

Rondait

Alright, I love this new design. It's good for night reading. Only problem I have with it is when I try to highlight text I'm typing I can't see the highlight.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
I like it, too. Teal shows up pretty damn well on this boi.

I'll be donating sometime soon; the Canadian dollar is up slightly, hooray! Won't matter insofar as my title, though, because I'll have moderator and my sick self-given title already.

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Ah, alright looks to be working in Chrome now. Strangely the bug should effect Firefox too but it doesn't for some reason.

Ibix

i just feel it fits with the self-deprecating and edgy vibe we have going around here sometimes. and also, i think that giving rewards for donating is pointless and just serves to divide communities when there's suddenly tangible benefits to donating. having your name on the front page of the forum is plenty.
Outside of the silly title idea I'd basically agree. Though I think every idea so far has been more in the vein of having your name in the credits. Giving server-related benefits, a special forum section, or anything similar are things I'm absolutely opposed to.

Top Bottom