General Forum Upkeep News

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
May I have a drum-roll please? Out of the two final contestants for the forum's primary theme, the winner is... Flat Awesome!!! That's right the polls closed yesterday afternoon and the majority of users, 11 to 7 to be exact, want Flat Awesome to be the forum's primary theme. This means that while Flat Awesome will be the default theme for new users and will be the supported theme, users can elect to remain with Nadulas Gamer as their chosen theme. If you choose Nadulas gamer, you should know that your theme is unsupported and that the majority of threads will be designed around the primary theme.

Flat Awesome is now going onward to be tweaked for our forum. I'm taking recommendations and requests now before any changes are made. Here is what I have so far.

• Dark Theme
  • High Contrast for Text
  • Attempt to support "snowflake colors"
Nadulas gamer will also be tweaked to allow most posts to be legible in it. No promises though.

On a side note, if you notice the forum takes a while to "connect", characterized in Chrome by the backwards spinning loading icon, then you might want to clear your cache, cookies and data for "machentertainment.com". While the forum was being worked on, there were redirect issues that may cause a hang.

It's simple to do.

For Chrome:
Menu > Settings > Show Advanced Settings > Content Settings > All Cookies and Site Data
  • Search machentertainment.com
  • Delete data by using the "X" to the right of it.
Note, it will log you out because you also delete your session data.

For Firefox
Menu > Options> Privacy > Remove Individual Cookies
  • Search machentertainment.com
  • Delete data.
Note, it will log you out because you also delete your session data.

You should notice decreased page load times if you suffered from the issue. If you didn't, then the only bad thing is that you have to log in again.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Thank God that teal still looks okay. It'd probably look a little better if the theme was like, slightly darker, but that might fuck with the default text.

D

Deleted member 13

Unregsistered User
o hai guiz how is it going

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Get the fuck outta here. This color has seen more days on the forum - on forums in general, even - than you have.

D

Deleted member 13

Unregsistered User
You'll have to excuse Tirin, he has a strange and extreme possessiveness/codependency of his text color.

Also, Recon, have I mentioned that you are the most based forum admin I've ever encountered? Because, you're the most based forum admin I've ever encountered.

Chickenspleen

I was thinking of pointing out that black text has probably been around loner than teal, but I thought better of it.

The Hound

Just Monika
So is it always going to say FlatAwesome to the top left, shouldn't it be MachAwesome or FlatEntertainment?

Top Bottom