Gluttony of the West Winds, D&D interest gauging

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
Hey so I'm kind of interested in trying to run a West Marches D&D game now that I've got some GM'ing experience under my belt, if there's enough interest. Riyant tried to do this before so I'll just copy paste the main points of a west marches game.

1) There was no regular time: every session was scheduled by the players on the fly.

2) There was no regular party: each game had different players drawn from a pool of around 10-14 people.

3) There was no regular plot: The players decided where to go and what to do. It was a sandbox game in the sense that’s now used to describe video games like Grand Theft Auto, minus the missions. There was no mysterious old man sending them on quests. No overarching plot, just an overarching environment.

Even if there's enough interest it'll probably be a while before it gets going since I have my other D&D game I'm doing and I'd need time to prepare everything. Still, make sure to make a post if you're interested in playing, even if just every now and then so I can get a good idea of how much interest there is. Even if you're new to D&D that's fine.

That aside, here's some general notes about the game and setting:

The game will take place on a massive island continent known to those outside of it as the Draconian Frontier. A land filled with both danger and riches. Due to high concentrations of magic near the center of the continent, strange and powerful beings rule the lands, the great dragons at the center of them. The vast resources of this land have attracted many outside powers, from great nations to pirates and criminals sent to die. But even getting to the land poses a challenge, many ships crash in the storms on the surrounding seas.
One way or another you have arrived in the eastern outskirts of the Draconian Frontier. Whether you are a native to the land or the sole survivor of a shipwreck, you have found your way here. By chance or by fate, you have found yourself in the hospitality of a fledgling town ruled by a friendly self-proclaimed devil lord. The land is an enigma, with no maps or roads to go off. You will have to forge your own paths to conquer what lies to the west.

As for game content, I'm going to try and not pull any punches. There might be times where you're outmatched, and if you don't know when to quit your characters might die. It'll be a very players vs the world kind of game. But as for what characters you want to play, anything goes as long as it's within reason and you can justify it. Now naturally if something is too strong I'm going to have to veto it. The devil lord allows all kinds into their ranks so long as they show no signs of betrayal.

If people are interested I will use base building and warfare rules as well.

Top Bottom