Golden Lore 2: Electric Boogaloo, Reloaded; Final re:Mix+, the Revengeance, Redux (by Fallout Boy)

Requiem

In the land of Riordan, magic has touched the people. For centuries, armies rose and fell through the power it brought them. Technology flourished, bringing new and devastating forms of destruction into existence. Now, after millenia of battle, an age of warfare is ending through the stroke of a single pen. Peace will come to Riordan whether it wants it or not.

- - -​

So we're gonna really do this. I'm in a better place now in my own head, so let's just have fun doing whatever. I legitimately want to just play. No God characters (which only existed for the plot's sake), though the Emperor will still exist. The story might be barebones and just be the Good Guys going up against the Emperor, but also maybe it'll be street level, Netflix's Daredevil style of plot.

So disregard the silly name, I'm just restarting the game minus the bad plot it previously had. To be honest, I'm winging the story, it's just gonna go wherever. Might start in the Brigand's Barroom again, but we'll see.

Only stipulation is that since Shadow Lore is about the criminals, this is absolutely about the non-criminals. So, good aligned characters. You don't have to play a cop or anything, but specifically a good aligned character. I'd avoid chaotic good characters, but if you can make it work, it might be alright.

Maybe somewhere down the line we can do a crossover with Shadow Lore? Who knows?

FULL DISCLOSURE REMINDER: Remember gang, I leave for camp at the end of May, so the game might go inactive. It'll start again after June/July passes.

- - -
Name:
Race:
(Fantasy races. If you want to make something up, ask me first. You've got your humans, your orcs, your elves, lizardmen, halflings, etc.)

Appearance:
Personality:

History: (Where did your character come from, who were/are their parents, do they live in Riordan or are they visiting when the Treaty Signing happens? If you're not sure what to put here, PM me, but it's fairly self-explanatory.)

Magic: (What kind of magic does your character use, if any at all? You can settle with something simple like "fire magic" or get more technical if you like, but if you try to create an OP character, I'll just have you edit it or not accept you. Remember, the best characters have limits in conjunction with their badassery.)

Misc.: (Feel free to leave this section blank if you want to, but this is where you'll put whatever non-magical abilities your character has. Do they fight with guns? Are they a mechanic? Do they know first aid? Are they a pacifist? Can they pick locks? This is a good section for filling out your character in ways the other sections don't let you. You can also put any negative stuff your character has, like a bad leg, scars, bad vision, etc.)

- - -​
Game play will be broken up into three separate types of scenes, as seen below.

Story Scenes:
These moments in the game usually involve the Good Guys and no one else (save maybe an NPC or surrendered enemy). Rolls generally won't be used during these scenes except for important moments or where necessary. Most actions can be auto-completed unless specified otherwise. Usually this is just where narration and plot happens.

Skill Scenes: These scenes usually involve some sort of investigative rolls, feats of strength, persuading an NPC to give up information they don't want to give up, or other things of that nature. It tests your characters' skills and ability to get through specific situations that aren't necessarily combat, though could be dangerous all the same, meaning that anything is possible during these scenes.

Combat Scenes: These are self-explanatory. Combat is happening in these scenes. Rolls are used for most, if not all actions and modifiers are taken into account (injuries, buffs, superior weaponry, magical advantage, etc). No actions can be auto-completed unless given GM authorization (basically if a soldier clearly gets her arm blown off but wants to still fight back, you're practically cleared for just ending her right then and there).

Note - When a specific type of scene comes up, I will make a note of it in an OOC notice.

Requiem

Actually, I just had a ballin' idea.

Make good aligned characters, it'll definitely be Daredevil street level style of plot and it won't be tied to the original plot, but for shits and grins, every now and then, something that would have happened in the old plot (roughly since a lot was going to be based on character actions and rolls, etc.) will happen in this game. Nothing to do with outside of the main universe, so Poria, the Riordan Empire, etc. There's just certain things in the original plot that affect the city in certain ways that can affect the city here as well (so if there's ever a factory explosion, a shooting, an assassination attempt, perhaps even a secret underground lab magically blowing a hole in the poor part of town, it'll be reflected in the news, maybe affect stuff happening in the main plot of this game, whatever it ends up being).

Don't worry, I won't go too crazy with it, I just like the idea of all of this happening at the same time as the original game. There's no reason the original plot can't still exist, you guys just shouldn't have to play through it since you didn't necessarily want to. It can still fit into the world though as the overall happenings. Going with the Netflix's Daredevil analogy, think of the original plot as The Avengers and this new game as the more entertaining and just plain superior Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, etc. Basically, the Defenders, but modern fantasy with elves and orcs and shit.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
I have a lot of different ideas for characters, I'll need a bit of time to decide on one.

Requiem

That's fine. Let me know if you have anything to add to the title in the mean time. I wanna see how long we can get it before I edit it into something normal.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
I may or may not make a character. Already spreading thin with time.

Also, Seriously?

You didn't make it Golden Lore 2: Electric Boogaloo?

I'm disappointed.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Reserved for a sheet, I'll post in the upcoming week since I should be free as fuck for most of it.

Requiem

Sounds good.

Also, I really hope someone makes a vigilante. I'm looking for Daredevil, not Punisher style of vigilante though. Grey area characters should be done sparingly and might just be reserved for plot points instead of being full characters.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
So just for reference can you tell me about fairies in the setting? I am probably going to do that, a dullahan or the human with shadow powers idea. I'll probably do my spider/tengu//werecow ideas another time.

Requiem

Fairies aren't beings of light or anything like that, but they more easily channel the positive energies of existence than most other creatures and races. Highly magical beings, fairies are good protectors of the innocent, so they make proper cops, social workers, etc. Fairies also have wings, though across the spectrum, they don't all have the same kinds of wings. Young fairies tend to have weak, physical wings, but older fairies usually become more attuned with the magical environment around them, causing their wings to become more and more ethereal. Eventually, the only difference in the physical appearance between an old fairy and an old human is whether or not the fairy has their wings out. They do sometimes have crazy skin colors, however. So, red, blue, green, etc. The same can be said of their hair.

As for aging, they reach adulthood around about 15 to 20 years old, just depends on the fairy. They aren't as hardy as elves though, but are better off than humans. They live to about 300 years old. The wing change isn't necessarily a result of aging, but just how intune they are with magic. It's just that generally older fairies have ethereal wings while younger ones do not.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
How big are they in terms of size? I was thinking of playing a fairy that can change their perception of time. So they might perceive the flow of time faster or slower than normal. However it would not allow them to move faster or slower than normal.

I might just play a creature that can take it's head off and throw it at people.

Also it doesn't look like you have many people interested.

Requiem

They're the size of humans, but since we've never seen them before in the game, we can flub things. It's not that big a deal. If you play a tiny thing though, it'll be a pretty big hit to your modifiers.

And if I don't get a big group, oh well, we'll play with who shows up.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
Well I was planning to play a character maybe half the size of a regular human, or less even.

They basically can have bullet time, or extreme patience as they turn waiting two hours into waiting ten minutes.

Requiem

Oh god it's the universal remote from click.

And I suppose it's alright if they're smaller than humans, but larger than usual pop culture fairies. I'd say they're maybe a little bigger than halflings, but not as broad as dwarves.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
I've never seen click. I have no idea what that is. Please don't link it though, I don't want it to influence me.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
So nobody is posting any sheets, I don't really see a point to making one if no one else does.

Top Bottom