Golden Lore OOC - New Beginning (Open)

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Honestly, I haven't thought about that just yet. A lot of the world lacks structure because it was unimportant to the main plot/the main continent where I've planned for most of the game to happen, but you're all more than welcome to spit ball with me on what those land masses might be for, what they look like, who lives there, etc.

My idea is that some of them are pure plague lands and prison islands. Australia but a thousand times worse, haha. Other ideas I had were to do stuff like tribes of magic users who have a sort of primal grasp of magic that the modern world isn't prepared for, which keeps the tribe safe from any outside influence, like that tribe IRL that lives in the jungle of... South America, I wanna say? They kill anyone who isn't part of the tribe and they're good at it, so no one really tries to explore what they're about.

Those are just cursory ideas though, if anyone has anything they wanna suggest, hit me with it. Also remember that magic can make things be however we want them to be, so it's not too impossible for a jungle to exist in those land masses if we want them to, same for any other climate or set up.
All of those are way more interesting than anything I had in mind, which was just the "harsh and inaccessible" thing. Possibly because of the terrible weather, and seas being way rougher on the other ends of the two major continents, especially if the thaumic fields are as screwy at the polar regions as the magnetic fields (if you wanna go really extra with the faux-science) so there are no easy magical shortcuts for getting there.

Maybe the Empire will start looking into it now, since they'll have a bunch of surplus military budget to get some use out of, but there was never any practical reason to devote serious funds to that kind of thing before.

I'd say my thing makes for a more realistic(TM) and consistent fantasy world, but every one of your ideas is just straight-up more fun and interesting in itself. Wouldn't necessarily recommend the former over the latter in this case, much as I do like having solid, fleshed-out laws of nature serving as the basis for everything in any kinda fiction. Up to you and what kind of world you want it to be, really.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Also Req just thinks Fortune's evil because he took Stoney's policeman character hostage, threatened everyone a bunch at gunpoint, and then shot the DMPC and set her on fire. He's actually pretty heroic quite relatable not that bad

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
I bet he thinks Kanin's evil just 'cause he made a chlorine gas bomb for the cops, was more than ready to kill anyone dumb enough to let Stoney's character hear his name, and also shot the DMPC in the back of the head before preppin' to do the same to Kagrin.

That's not evil. That's just self-prioritization in a circumstance that had already been going to shit for him.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Right? It's the getting off on killing people that's the evil part! Sheesh. Did you know this guy thinks Hans from Disney's Frozen was a villain?

BlookyHannah

I edited my reserved post w/ character info. Get to know Eystin. A few things to add still but eh.

Requiem

Name: Althea Noirfiscon, Ninth of her Name, Light of the Queen’s Eye… and Royal Bake Sale Champion
Race: Human

Appearance: Though Althea is the eldest twin, she does not have the same physical stature or hardiness that her sister Rosalia has. While Rosalia is a soldier, an accomplished and well decorated one at that, Althea finds her strength in more quiet pursuits and this shows in her physique. Though she is not weak, one would be surprised to find out she is able to take care of herself at all. Even at the age of 24, Althea has what one would consider a baby face, nothing like the rough, rock-hewn statue that is the marble Goddess of her sister. Where she is beautiful in a mature manner, Althea is soft, gentle… everything those Riordan commercials for shitty “women’s” hand lotion suggest a woman should be.

This is not entirely of her own design. Her mother, the Queen of Mistlord, insisted upon keeping Althea at home, preparing her for the day when she would inherit her birthright and become Queen herself. Instead of taking lessons in combat or joining any sort of military workout program, Althea was forced to maintain a strict diet so as to keep her girlish figure. She was also subject to multiple magical makeovers over the years, helping her to truly stay younger longer, at the risk of keeping her from truly ever looking her actual age. Though she is in her twenties, Althea looks to be 18 years old, 20 at best.

Due to the nature of her birthright, Althea’s eyes are silver, but in a washed-out, faded sort of way, almost like she is blind, though her sight is perfectly normal. She knows her eyes are very similar to the Queen’s, but something all Queens and heirs to the throne have shared beyond their silver eyes are the tiny flecks of color within the silver. Althea’s eyes have flecks of green, while the Queen’s have flecks of blue.

Althea’s skin color matches that of her twin’s but to a higher degree. She is pale and tends to wear clothing that keeps her covered and protected from the wintry climate of Mistlord. Unlike the amber color of her sister’s hair, Althea’s is a bright, golden blonde. Like her eyes, strange bits of color tend to grow into her hair, from normal browns and blacks to stranger colors, like deep reds and even blues. Her blonde hair color tends to be the dominant one, but on any given day, her hair could have changed in her sleep to give her a nice shock of green to her bangs, purple roots, or even blue tips. “It’s temporary until you become Queen,” her mother had told her.

Personality: As the firstborn daughter (only by a few seconds), Althea can sometimes be more than a little smug towards her sister. Though she has not acted in this way since they were young, as the two were growing up, Althea would lord the fact that she would be Queen over Rosalia. She saw value in the role early on in her life, merely accepting the high praise she was given by the sheer fact of her existence instead of earning it through any sort of deeds or adherence to a set of morals. In fact, before she was a teenager, the words “insufferable ass” came to mind more than once.

In short, she grew up spoiled for a time. Eventually, the weight of her future responsibilities came crashing down upon her when, in a brief scare during an attempted assassination of the Queen, Althea’s royal retinue had prepared to make her the new monarch overnight. Thankfully the Queen survived and Althea was spared, but knowing that her life could change in an instant like that ultimately changed something within her. At 14, she approached her mother with the intent for her lessons to become stricter and more frequent, showing that she shares that same sense of duty with her sister.

In the next ten years, Althea drilled and learned everything she needed to know about being royalty. She took her job seriously. At 24, she still maintains a wild streak that will most certainly never be snuffed out, but she does hold her duty in a much higher regard than she ever once previously did. The spiteful gremlin that was her pre-teen self was gone, leaving only a youthful, silly, but devoted young noble.

History: Althea was born mere seconds before her sister, but in accordance with how the heir’s birthright worked, that was enough to mark her as the once and future monarch of the Kingdom of Mistlord. The first Queen of Mistlord was a powerful soul, said in legend to be a powerful Aasimar or even a demi-god, though no proof of that could ever be found. Instead, it is historically believed that the first Queen was merely human and that her magic gave her an almost infinite power of will, living on in future generations matrilineally, from mother to daughter.

Once Althea was old enough to understand what this meant, she had taken to the idea with a wild abandon. She and her sister had both been given the “queen” talk, one to learn that she would not follow in her mother’s footsteps and the other that she would be given power unlike any one person had ever truly seen. This information went to Althea’s head, causing her to make Rosalia’s young life hectic. “Hey, remember how I’m gonna be Queen and you’re not? Oh, that’s right, you do remember. Sorry! Should have slipped out before me!”

Though this behavior was not something the Queen appreciated, it also wasn’t something she had intended to stop in any way. As a woman in Mistlord, Queen or not, Althea’s mother had a high opinion of herself and of her princess. By rights, Althea was allowed to gloat. How else was she to learn she was superior to not only most people but to all men as well? The Queen nurtured this ideal within Althea, but for what could be considered a good reason.

Laurence, the twins’ older brother and the firstborn child, was given a good life and taken care of, but Mistlord does not look favorably upon men. They have been seen as second class citizens for centuries. It is for this very reason that the Queen fueled Althea’s pride in her royal birthright. She intended for the young girl to push her brother in certain directions, feel less than. She had given the boy an original name, one never held by a member of the royal family. The history of a name was something to be treasured in Mistlord and though Queens rarely had sons in Mistlord, when they did, they were usually given names of wise ancestors. The Queen took this from her son intentionally.

High on the odd actions of the Queen, Althea became even more haughty the further into her teens she got. It was only until the Queen was nearly assassinated that the full scope of their situation became clear to Althea. She knew they had been at war for centuries like the rest of the world. She knew their land had been the last to oppose the Riordan hegemony, but she didn’t truly realize the danger she and her family were in. In what was a rather harrowing, sleepless night, Althea was urged to claim her birthright and become the new Queen. Thankfully, Althea did not go through with this, instead opting to sob openly into her pillow, her sister’s shoulder, even her brother’s waiting arms. They had lost their mother, but only Althea would be the one to bear the weight of what that truly meant. She was not ready.

As the morning came, news of the Queen’s demise had been greatly exaggerated. She strode into the throne to find her three children waiting for her. Althea did not rush to her side, though Rosalia and even Laurence hugged their mother as if squeezing her tightly would prevent any and all future attempts on her life. Once they were finished, Althea called to her mother, “Queen.” It was less an address and more of a statement. ‘I was almost made Queen last night’ it said. ‘I am not prepared for that at all.’ The emotions she had felt upon thinking she lost her mother and that she had to become Queen herself were powerful, tangible. She had felt the actual weight of her future crushing her back and decided that who she had been was not enough.

Though Laurence quickly left to learn Tactics and Rosalia earned her title as Heir Protectorate, Althea discovered that being Queen was nowhere close to what she thought it would be. She’d had daydreams of ordering servants around, calling out foreign diplomats in court, casting judgment as necessary, or even making use of the harem of men her mother had collected from Zekeshaven. Instead, it was boring meeting after boring meeting, class after class on manners, etiquette, the garbage all noble children needed to know. It wasn’t until she began her history classes in earnest that she truly began to learn the things she deemed worthy and necessary to be Queen. Centuries of conflict, continents rising and falling, power through both the pen and the sword. Were her kingdom not the last hold out against the evil Riordan Empire, Althea would consider being Queen during this time as exciting and interesting. Instead, she felt the weight of the world against her once more. The more she studied, the more she asked, “How much longer can we hold out? Should we?”

She focused herself and her mind. Eventually, even the boring lessons and classes proved their worth. Althea knew she would need to be something of a diplomat in the future, not a soldier like her sister, nor even a tactician like her brother. Her strengths were her words and the power of her birthright. She could see the writing on the wall just as her siblings had. Mistlord was losing the war. Part of her asked honestly if it was simply their time. Ending the war now would save so many more Mistlord lives.

In the Seat of Power, the central building of Poria and the figurative center of the entire Riordan Empire, Althea sat with her brother and sister. Close by stood the emperor. He stared at the three of them, his eyes locking with her own in particular. What did that look mean? The emperor raised his hand and a hush fell on the crowd instantly. It was time.

Magic: As the heir apparent to the Mistlord throne, Althea’s magic is somewhat different from an average citizen’s. She uses her magic in the same way as anyone else, channeling some source of power from within herself, but her birthright provides her with powers unknown to her as of yet.

What Althea currently understands her power to be is simple light manipulation. She can throw it like a weapon, use it in self-defense if necessary, and amply light up a dark area if necessary, but without proper training of any sort, her magic leaves much to be desired.

Her birthright, however, lies dormant until she officially becomes Queen. The birthright is a sheer boost of power as no two Queens have entirely the same abilities. Though they share common elements and the process of unlocking the birthright is the same, every Queen finds that their magic is enhanced tenfold, almost to the point of becoming unstable in some cases. When her time comes to accept her birthright, Althea will take it without question, but she’d be lying if it didn’t scare the shit out of her.

Misc.:

Kratoury

Sorry for the quality, I'm not very motivated to do much right now. Still I figured that wasn't much of an excuse to stall so fuck it, here we go. Also just a preemptive note on the name, the pronunciation is "Noir-Fi'-Shawn".

And yeah Easy, obviously that's why it's called the second option. Didn't I mention before that I'm a viciously enthusiastic scatophile?
___________________________​

Name:
Rosalia Noirfiscon, Seventh of her Name
Title: Knight Captain, Princess of the Mistlord Republic, Heir Protectorate
Race: Human

Appearance
As the name “Rosalia Noirfiscon” might imply, the Knight Captain is a tall and elegant woman. With traditionally pale skin, a trait shared with most of the folk within the Mistlord Republic due to the heavy prevalence of literal mist that constantly shrouds the cool tundras that are so pervasive in the country, she almost seems like some sort of shut-in scholar. Despite this, exposure to more direct sunlight while fighting on the front-lines of the war against Riordan has left her with dense freckling across her cheeks and shoulders and, some less respectful sorts posit, the tops of her breasts. Her hair is an off amber that falls in thick curls over one shoulder, held back by subtle silver pins to keep it from infringing upon her vision.

While she is most popular for being an almost legendary military figure, the people of the Mistlord Republic also speak (albeit more quietly) about the beauty of their princesses. Rosalia is somewhat overshadowed by her elder sister in that regard, but she possesses a less girlish sort of attractiveness than the heir. That is to say that she’s made of supple curves and long legs with a confident gait and well developed ahem assets. More often than not she dresses fancifully, split dresses that ride down one leg and expose just a bit of her upper back with long gloves and heelless boots that act as one of many concessions towards practicality.

While actively acting as a military combatant she obviously wore a proper uniform, but later admitted to somewhat missing all the “fun” of dabbling around with current fashion. Even then though, her bright red eyes always lent her an air of elegance somewhat belying her more utilitarian dress. According to Rosalia herself, “It’s pretty convenient to be able to carry around my entire wardrobe wherever I go, so of course I’m going to try to look my best right?”

Personality
One might expect a princess and high ranking military officer to be a bit stuck up, and while that is true to some extent mostly due to their upbringing, Rosalia is surprising lax in her formalities. For the most part it’s something she picked up from her active military duty, actually. As it happens, fighting alongside so many common-folk helped to dispel some of their mystique in regards to her position. As such, she became fairly well acquainted with the sorts of “less refined” humors maintained by those who served under her.

Besides that, she does tend to be a very duty-oriented sort of person. More so than anything, Rosalia is extremely rigid in fulfilling her duties to the point where it wouldn’t be unfair to say that she’s a bit of a perfectionist (or less tactfully that she’s a damned workaholic who measures her own self-worth by way of her accomplishments). Honestly though, there isn’t much more to say about her. Rosalia is a strict but fair sort of woman who loves her family and country and finds herself in a confused state regarding her self-perceived failure regarding the Mistlord Kingdom’s surrender to the Empire.

History
In times of old, the Mistlord Kingdom came into existence as a matriarchal monarchy due to the actions of the first queen who drew the people together using her overwhelming power and incredible force of charisma. She’s something of a legendary figure even in modern times, and to this day the throne has always passed on matrilineally. This is due to tradition, certainly, but much more tangibly it’s due to the fact of inheritance that has passed down since those ancient times. The power of the first queen lives on in her direct heirs, a quirk of the power itself that allows it to be passed down into the first born true-blooded daughter of the crown. As such, being a princess in the Mistlord Kingdom was truly a winning hand. That said, when you’re pregnant with twins it turns out that only one of them can be the heir. In that regard, Rosalia lost out to her sister Althea. While her sister inherited the light of the kingdom, the quasi-divine power of myth passed down through the ages… Rosalia also came out pretty good in regards to natural talent.

While there’s certainly benefits to being the heir of a powerful kingdom, being the second-born had the benefit of a bit more free time. Rosalia trained, scholarly pursuits taking a backseat to combative talents as tradition demanded. Suffice it to say, she took quite naturally to such pursuits and to at least some extent came to flourish under the drawn out warfare brought about the Riordan’s annexation of her home. In a lot of ways, people have said that she was never more lively than during the closing days of the war with the world united against her people. She fought like a demon and it could be said that she was one of the larger contributing factors to the war drawing out as long as it did. Eventually however, under somewhat mysterious circumstances, the royal family finally surrendered and agreed to sign a treaty deposing them and officially ending the Mistlord Kingdom- replacing it with the Mistlord Republic.

It’s worth noting that the military prowess of Rosalia and the other knights in service to the crown was substantive, but not nearly so potent as to outright stave off Riordan’s much greater numbers. In actuality, they only did as well as they had due to the contributions of the least spoken of member of the royal family. The eldest sibling of the Noirfiscon family, Prince Laurence Noirfiscon the First of His Name. A tactical genius who was absolutely instrumental in the defense of the Kingdom, and now the man who is to lead the new government that is to be brought to power in the Mistlord Republic. Not a fact that particularly perturbed Rosalia who was always rather fond of her brother, admiring him for being everything that she simply was not. But the same can not be said of the Queen who is responsible for giving him the dishonor of being the first of his name, and further for granting him the post of Royal Tactician without ever granting him the adjoining titles suited to his position.

Anyways, since the unofficial end of the war Rosalia has spent most of her time at the Heir’s side serving in her position as Heir Protectorate a bit more seriously than when open warfare was raging. Now with the signing of the treaty that will end the era of the Mistlord royal rule fast approaching she’s been forced to take a trip to her former enemy’s lands to accompany her sister in attending the signing ceremony itself. It’s something of a show of good faith, although in a lot of ways Rosalia would be more apt to refer to it in terms of “a giant waste of time, and can I go get a drink or something?”

Magic
Authority of Ownership is a distinct and entirely intuitive magic developed over years of practice. Due to their notable resources and history for possessing substantive inborn magical talents, the Mistlord Republic’s royal family have rarely been known to study magic in a more general sense. Instead they often employ highly accredited individuals to put together unique curriculum's so to keep from wasting their valuable time with irrelevant studies. Such was the case with Rosa, even despite the odd and slightly esoteric nature of her natural magic.

The basic principle behind this particular magic is simply that it allows one to assert incredible and distinctly supernatural control over their own direct possessions. The most visually noticeable effects of this would be that one is able to exert telekinetic influence over their belongings and is further capable of stowing them away within what is most likely some sort of extra-dimensional space (or perhaps it’s just as likely that they are simply condensed into some sort of literally conceptual space?) and retrieving said belonging with extreme rapidity. These objects may then be materialized within roughly three meters of Rosa, though standard visual limitations apply.

Suffice it to say, there is a direct correlation between material wealth and actual capability insofar as this power is concerned.

Misc.
Due to her intensive training and natural talent, Rosalia is an incredibly skilled combatant. With or without her magic, she is more than capable of holding her own and when supplemented with her magic she becomes very worthy of her almost legendary reputation. More specifically, she is trained in the use of most modern and some archaic weaponry and possesses the coordination, reflexes, and judgement to make use of those skills extensively. She is also capable in simple unarmed combat though it's by no means her specialty and her body is at what could be considered peak or near-peak physicality allowing for her to maintain high performance for longer stretches of time than most people.

She’s also politically knowledgeable and has no real shortage of wealth. The main drawbacks to her character come from a lack of strategy that makes her function more as a blunt instrument than she would like. Further, while she is able to deal with disciplined folk such as soldiers she has almost no experience dealing with actual commoners and is distinctly out of her element when doing so. Suffice it to say, this goes doubly for the criminal element. As a point of fact, if she didn’t store her belongings away in what is effectively hammer-space she would basically be a prime mark.
___________________________​

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
Oooo neat characters. I think I might redo my character's history sometime. Feels quite a bit lacking.

Pony Slaystation

Barohel Maggorok

Barohel Maggorok
[birthdate citation needed], known professionally as Orc M’gork, is an orcish personal trainer, heavyweight champion, actor, author, and stand-up comedian [citation needed]. He is best known as the creator of the controversial home exercise regimen B90X.

He has two children, Lork and Mork M'gork.

Contents [hide]
1 Early life
2 Career
3 Controversy
4 Filmography
5 Bibliography
6 References

Early life [edit]
Barohel Maggorok, son of Grom’ghul and Harraka, is a member of the nomadic Maggorok Tribe, one of only four such tribes remaining in Riordan [1][2]. (Because of this, his exact date of birth is impossible to know, though estimates place him around 56 or 57.) Maggorok was raised and educated with the other children of the tribe, and took quickly to athletics. As soon as he was of age, he broke from the tribe and moved to Poria to pursue a career in sports[3].

Career [edit]
After moving to Poria, Maggorok rented a small shack on Poria beach and opened the first Muscle Beach. He began offering free personal training and advice to his customers, and as his clientele grew to include several politicians, musicians, and other public figures, Maggorok noticed demand for his services.

Maggorok used his connections to approach several executives at Multiverse Pictures, who he trained for free and eventually convinced to invest in him. He founded BerserkerBod and filmed the recorded the B90 program—or Berserker 90, a reference to the berserker states nomadic orc warriors were rumored to be able to reach, in which they could achieve normally-impossible feats of strength[4].

After the failure of the initial B90 program, executives and Maggorok crafted the Orc M’gork personality, a parody of popular human fitness icon Ryan O’Bryan, and re-released the B90 program as B90X (Berserker 90 Extreme), claiming that by following the B90X regimen, which consisted of 90 days of meticulous dieting, cardio, and weightlifting, anyone could achieve “berserker-like” strength, regardless of racial physiology.

The self-help book he authored to supplement B90X, One Day or Day One: How to achieve your dreams through blood, sweat, and tears, peaked at #12 on the City of Peroia Bestseller List.

During this time, Maggorok competed in several heavyweight lifting competitions, winning four consecutive gold medals in the PWC and two in the Riordan Weightlifting Championships[5].

Controversy [edit]
Critics bemoaned both the Orc M’gork character as racially diminutive and the entire conceit of the program as “fetishization of the orcish physiology”[6]. Extremists have accused Maggorok’s workout tapes of “single-handedly setting civil rights back multiple decades,” a sentiment which Maggork finds “just about the funniest sentence [he’s] ever heard” [7][8].

The B90X program was also recalled after being on the market for just two years, following a series of lawsuits regarding workout-related injuries, mostly, but not entirely, from smaller humanoid races such as gnomes and goblins. Famously, Ryan O’Bryan underwent the regimen as a show of goodwill during the Exercise For a Cure movement, and suffered a torn hamstring on day 46.

Maggorok began work on a newer, safer workout regimen during the Exercise For a Cure movement, but was quietly let go from BerserkerBod and dropped by Multiverse Pictures after leaked tapes revealed Maggorok had been dabbling in illegal blood magicks to induce berserker states before weightlifting competitions and film recordings. His RWC gold medals were revoked by the Riordan Weightlifting Federation, and he received a lifetime ban from competing in any national or international weightlifting competitions.

Filmography [edit]
Huttle & Buttle’s Big Adventure - Orc M’gork
Exercise For a Cure - Orc M’gork
Blood Moon - Himself (documentary)

Bibliography [edit]

Citations [edit]

Last edited:

Kratoury

I read over Kanin's sheet and I'm pretty satisfied with it. The idea of a man who was an out-and-out awful batshit psycho halfway reforming is one I enjoy and want to play, and for reasons most of us are familiar with it's one I didn't get to do very thoroughly in Golden Lore.
Isn't that just every day of your life, though? I guess the mind magic thing puts a different spin on things...

Shizno

Hi Req. I'm around. I dunno what there's to say other than here's my catboy that we've been chatting about. Unlike what I told you about originally, I ended up not just outright making him a stand user. Also like I said, the background is pretty barebones to ensure that it's loose enough to fit into pretty much whatever y'have planned. Just hit me up about anything else, my dude.
---
Name: Dionisio Bonaventura
Alias: Pompadour Goodboy, Dion

Race
Felidae - A feline race that’s often small in both stature and structure. Plenty in common with cats both large and small they’re obvious to spot due to the obvious pointed and fuzzy ears that adorn the tops of their head. When compared to humans, the Felidae are more agile than the more ‘mundane’ race. In addition, there is a lightweight tail that flows from their lower backs that help with balance when crouched or leaning forward.

Appearance
Dion is like most of his race in a few regards, but unique in his own ways. The height is something that the young man can’t really change all that much, so the term ‘manlet’ is occasionally thrown around, be it in jest or not. Indeed, the feline-boy only stands at a surprisingly small five-foot-four, just a bit under average for even his own race. Certainly not the shortest person by all accounts, but it’s obvious that his height is a bit of an insecurity. But one thing that he’s not lacking in is his build. While most felidaes are slender and agile, it’s obvious that Dion has more well defined muscles from constant use. Nothing absurd, but it’s obvious just from a glance at his arms that he’s more simply athletic..

Adoring his head, like with more felidaes, is a pair of rather cute feline ears. Said ears stick out from the top of his head and rach outwards and towards the sky, some light brown hair covering the back of them. Between said ears is Dion’s own peculiar hairstyle that he enjoys sporting, the front of his hair being rounded into what is commonly known as a ‘pompadour’. A style that stretches past the boy’s forehead and even upwards to give the impression of being larger or even taller than he actually is.

Moving lower from Dion’s hair there’s the boy’s eyes. A nice deep green shade while the pupils are much like a cat’s. Which allows for better sight in the night, but this also causes problems for the boy when he’s out in bright sun at times. Which is why he’s often seen sporting a pair of sunglasses that allow him to see perfectly normal. While his face is rather clean shaven - or perhaps he simply doesn’t grow facial hair - the only thing that’s detailing his face is a small golden tattoo of a star that brings from color to his cheek. Taking its place right underneath the boy’s left eye, it seems that he truly tries to make his appearance a spectacle for whoever lays their eyes upon him.

When it comes to attire, Dion often wears comfortable clothing that he simply likes. Form-fitting T-shirts that allow him to show off his frame, jeans, perhaps a leather jacket if he’s in the mood for it. Nothing too spectacular generally, but perhaps that’s even more of a surprise considering the rest of his appearance.

Personality
Dion carries himself with a larger-than-life attitude it seems. He always has, even far before going into highschool. He’s definitely a boy that comes off as arrogant or cocky at times, and nobody can really blame people for seeing him as such a way. He’s rather loud and proud, so any boasting or arrogance that comes off of him is rarely meant to be anything but banter. Some can find annoying when it comes up, but he’s just a gregarious type of person. While he may not be friends with everyone, when he does he makes friends fast due to his tendency to feel relaxed with whoever he’s with no matter who it is. Certainly helped him through school.

Speaking of school, through his school-life, he was seen as quite the delinquent. This was due to his habit of sleeping through class when he wasn’t skipping, and getting into oh so many fights. And when he got into fights, there were plenty of property damage that he had to work off. In fact, he had gotten suspended more than his fair share of times. But his delinquency aside, it’s hard to say that he ever really held ill intention towards people. Behind that habit of getting into fights and the massive amounts of time styling his hair lies quite the golden heart. Over the years his temper certainly settled to the point that the only things that ticked him off to the point of throwing the first punch was people picking on or harming others around him.

Dion doesn’t consider himself a knight in the slightest. In fact, he considers himself to be more of a punk than anything as noble as a warrior. But he does not hesitate when someone is in need of help. Almost without even considering if he should he’s already getting ready to charge into action and deal with whatever’s causing the issue. Whether or not he makes it better or worse is yet to be seen of course. Because above all, he values freedom. Be it freedom to live a happy and peaceful life or freedom of choice. And that’s the way that he’s lived his life right up to his current point. Doing what he wants, and it’s just in his nature to fight such injustices no matter how much it brings pain on himself.

It could be considered a martyr complex, if Dion considered himself to be any amount of mortal. But until this is confirmed or proven wrong, he will continue to face his days with that optimistic smile that he always has. His eagerness to fight and help being the things that drive him forward.

History
Dionisio had never been a child with aspirations for himself. Which has always been a problem. He held promise, but lack of drive for studying or even taking responsibilities hindered him when he was growing up. Said problems showed up early in his life, being the first of three to be raised in a single parent home. Early on Dion never new his father, and his siblings’ - a pair of twins, one boy and one girl - father got arrested soon enough and wasn’t very prominent in their lives either. It also didn’t help that they lived in the slums where the living standards weren’t as high as some other places in the city. But that was just life for Dion and his family, and it was hard to say that he’d choose anything else if given the choice.

Fights were commonplace on the streets, and right outside of his home there was plenty of bones to be broken. It didn’t matter if it was just a school-yard fight or someone getting violent, even if Dion wasn’t initially involved in it, he was running into that brawl one way or another. It was just something that drove him to give everything he got and then some. It was hard to say when his magic even awoken… it was more like it had always been there, causing him to have this burning need to fight. Which, of course, hindered his own schooling plenty.

Living the delinquent life, Dion had barely passed any of his grades. Struggling to make even the bare minimum. Skipping classes and consistent visits to the nurse’s office - most of the time being pointless because of his healing magic - happened often through the weeks, and it was a surprise that he hadn’t gotten expelled long ago. But despite how often he fought, he rarely harbored ill-will towards people, especially if they ended up being fun to battle with. In fact, his good-hearted nature over the years did earn him a nickname of 'Pompadour' and 'Goodboy', which was eventually combined at times. Occasionally used as a taunt by others during fights.

When Dion graduated, he didn’t have much hope for doing something significant. Instead, he decided to get a job at a bar that wasn’t too far from his house. Mostly as a janitor, but he was more than capable of breaking up drunken brawls when they sprouted or provide an extra pair of hands when it was needed. Or if someone got hurt.

Magic
Empathy Drive - Dion’s magic is simple, but quite potent. Unlike his appearance and personality, there’s nothing that’s outright flashy about his ability. To simply put, his only magic is based around healing, but it’s not quite so clear-cut as a magic spell that wishes away all injuries and ailments. Instead, there’s well-defined limitations to what he can do with it, and considering how many opportunities he’s had to test said limits, he’s well aware of them.

This ability, which Dion has called Empathy Drive, is an activation magic that the boy can turn on which rapidly heals his body. Almost like flipping a mental switch, his body’s natural healing is kicked into overdrive and begins to progressively heal any broken bones, cuts, bruises, or anything else that might be wrong with him. These fixes could take as little as seconds depending on the severity of the actual injury. This healing isn’t free though as it takes a massive amount of energy from the boy’s body as it’s using his own resources to do as such.

This, of course, has turned Dion into a reckless fighter. To the point that it’s hard for him to not throw a punch with so much force that at least his hand is going to end up breaking as he’ll just heal it right back. Which means that the feline hits like a mother fucker. However, this does not nullify any pain that he feels, only preventing any lasting injuries.

The other main part of his magic is the ability to channel his healing onto others. All he needs is physical contact and he heal their wounds just as he could do to his own. While there’s no outright downside to using this on others, it does drain the boy’s energy just like if he was healing himself.

Misc
-Dion is farsighted and needs to wear glasses to read.
-Dion is immune to illness and scaring for the most part.
-And no, it never occurred to him that he could just be a doctor.

Last edited:
Top Bottom