Grey Cup Finals 2017 [PLEASE COME AND DISCUSS AND VOTE IN THE POLL]

Play of the Game award

• Total voters

13thforsworn

So I'm sure you guys were all glued to your TVs for the 105th Grey Cup Finals between the Toronto Argonauts and the Calgary Stampeders, and boy was it one for the history books! Overall it was an incredible game, with some huge plays and Toronto coming out on top 27-24. It really made up for the lackluster commercials this year. I mean that Canadian Tire ad was pretty lame. I can see what they were going for, but it fell pretty short, unlike Ricky Ray's spectacular QB throws. I know that there was a lot of concern surrounding the choice for the halftime show performer, Shania Twain, who as you all know hadn't performed live since she divorced her husband and producer, Robert John Lange, but she really wowed us with that performance. Honestly, I think it was better than when Backman-Turner Overdrive and Nickelback performed in '10 and '11, wouldn't you agree?

Here are my candidates for Play of the Game:

Ricky Ray to DeVier Posey pass, setting a Grey Cup-record 100-yard touchdown
Cassius Vaughn's 110-yard fumble recovery touchdown
Matt Black's last minute end zone interception to seal the win for Toronto

Come and discuss your favorite parts of the game! There's nothing like Grey Cup Sunday!

AndyM03

I don't know the sport but i'll chuck ya some love 13th. I feel like the 100-yard touchdown is the most technically impressive, but considering the timing of the interception I could definitely see that catch and block combo being play of the game.

Shadow

Banned
CFL is rigged. The Grey Cup always goes to the team that needs the win the most.

Which right now is literally the entire Eastern Conference because the league needs trick the fans into thinking that the East isn't a complete fucking dumpster fire.

Hamilton wins next year. Calling it now.

Last edited:

Steal Thy Kill

The game winning interception gives me fun memories of Super Bowl 49. Thanks Seahawks for apparently forgetting you had Beast Mode on your team.

Shadow

Banned
Thanks Seahawks for apparently forgetting you had Beast Mode on your team.
That was literally Pete Carroll thinking he could outsmart Bill Belichick and failing miserably.

He should've just let some air out of the footballs instead :3

The Hound

Just Monika
I'm still surprised the Patriots didn't send Pete Carroll a championship ring for that gift he gave them.

Oh Canadian Football... Ummmmm Doug Flutie... Mark Trestman... Ummm that's all I got.

Top Bottom