Guns of Icarus Online

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
Okay so I was going to try being a gunner, but then people quit and I was like, I can be the captain!

So I put on my Somali pirate outfit, looked my crew in the eye and said, "Look at me. I am the Captain now."

And we didn't lose! We only died once, and I only ran into the environment like fives times! And the other times I ran into stuff, it was an enemy ship! And then my team would blow them to bits!

I am the best pilot ever, and this clearly wasn't blind beginner's luck in any way shape or form.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Yo send me an invite. When I search for the clan I can't find it.
I'd invite you, but I don't have powers.

Okay so I was going to try being a gunner, but then people quit and I was like, I can be the captain!

So I put on my Somali pirate outfit, looked my crew in the eye and said, "Look at me. I am the Captain now."

And we didn't lose! We only died once, and I only ran into the environment like fives times! And the other times I ran into stuff, it was an enemy ship! And then my team would blow them to bits!

I am the best pilot ever, and this clearly wasn't blind beginner's luck in any way shape or form.
Nice! I'm proud of you, Champ!

W1LG3RtheCyan

Just out of curiosity, you guys do know that Guns of Icarus and Guns of Icarus Online are two different games, right? For those who didn't, this explains my note about playing the original game where engineer was the only class, the game was $5 on the mac app store, and you shot down p-38s with a similar array of weaponry. Also, the game was mostly single player. Just clarifying as I believe that at least one person got the two confused due to the name of the thread.

Edit: Our captain abandoned his post, so I had to jump on the helm as an engineer in the dusty canyons. I did fairly well both before and after the optimization of our abilities which had me on the top engine and balloon by default and lending my aid as necessary with one kill to go. We ended up winning the deathmatch 5-2 thanks to good communication.

Which reminds me of what it will probably be like flying with you guys.

Last edited:

W1LG3RtheCyan

Turns out that I'm a better pilot when I can run around fixing things, so long as the course doesn't need to be changed. Team was a bunch of horrible shots who wouldn't repair anything. My guns were almost always facing the enemy and I was dodging as many barrages as possible while sticking close to my team and we lost 5-0. To be fair, not one of the people blamed me or was salty, so there's that.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Turns out that I'm a better pilot when I can run around fixing things, so long as the course doesn't need to be changed. Team was a bunch of horrible shots who wouldn't repair anything. My guns were almost always facing the enemy and I was dodging as many barrages as possible while sticking close to my team and we lost 5-0. To be fair, not one of the people blamed me or was salty, so there's that.
If your crew's any good at all, running around fixing things instead of flying the ship makes you a worse pilot instead of a better one. Although sometimes, even if you've got a good crew, it can be worth your time to step away from the wheel for a couple of seconds in extreme situations. Well, on some ships anyway. Never on a Squid or Spire, for example.

W1LG3RtheCyan

It was a goldfish. I would jump off of the helm to repair the top engine or the balloon. There was one time that I executed a maneuver, noticed that the turret pointed right at the damaged airship that we were attacking was unmanned, made a flying leap for that turret, fired off a burst, and then ran back up the stairs and recovered control. The enemy never knew that I was gone.

To clarify, we won 5-2 on the match where I did this with many more obstacles. We lost 5-0 on the match where I was legitimately the pilot and only had a fire extinguisher. If it were my game, I would ditch the pilot class.

Last edited:

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
I like drinking a lot, but I gave it up for Lent this year. That'll be over tomorrow, so either Monday or Tuesday night I'm going to celebrate by drinking a lot and piloting an airship in Guns of Icarus Online. Anyone else want in?

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Monday night, then.

Whitetiger

I will say that if we do Monday I'd prefer if we didn't start as late as like 9 EST because I'll be hopping off at 10 EST to watch Better Call Saul. I'm good with 8 or 8:30 and just playing for a couple hours though.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Gonna shoot for around 8 PM tonight, then.

Top Bottom