Guns of Icarus Online

Artistunknown

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Any way to put this on the Stream section of the site
I'm not entirely sure, but looking at the stream page there's a tab that says "submit channel" that pops up with a text field to put a link in. I guess that's how it works.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
@People who were watching the stream, real sorry, didn't manage to figure out how to get a look at your chat comments while it was going on, in a timely fashion. (Other than pulling it up on a laptop separately or something, anyway.) Honestly my first time doing this kind of thing ever, so that's how that was. So whatever questions, comments, or concerns you had, didn't manage to grab 'em. Hit me up anyway with any you'd care to, and I'll address that ASAP.

Requiem

You did fine. Just keep fiddling with settings, lighting, chat stuff, all that nonsense and it'll sort itself out the more you stream. It was some good stuff too, glad I was there for it.

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
It's funny, every time I stream I always forget one software or another and the end result is that something isn't right and most of the time viewers don't even bother to point it out. I think they understand the difficulty of streaming and are more interested in the interaction with the streamer than the quality of the stream.

Find a way to engage your viewers, most commonly by responding to their comments and they'll stay with you because they feel like they've become involved in a conversation. They're more likely to continue to watch once a conversation begins and soon other viewers will get involved. It happens a lot with big streams that are announced. People are talking and engaged before the stream even starts.

Make sure you feel comfortable while streaming. You don't need to share your deepest and darkest secrets with your audience (if you do, I'll make sure to have pen and paper) but you do want them to see your personality shine through.

The majority of this information is easily found on the web. I pulled these specific pieces from YouTube's streaming guide. Hopefully it helps if anyone who wants to improve their streams.

However, do what you find the most fun. Always remember that the reason you should start streaming is for fun and that the only reason you should keep streaming is for fun.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Hey Gang!

Guess what @Easy @Salsy @Rondait and I got to ride last night. She was a large, but fierce vessel. She's been out of the game for a bit, but we slipped right back into her and got into a strong rhythm.

Even though the population is small; it's still a blast to pop on and play a few matches whether they're PvE or PvP!

Top Bottom