Guns of Icarus Online

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Hey everyone,

With the Steam Lunar Sale going on, I wanted to quickly recommend this game before the sale ends.

Guns of Icarus is an airship combat game that's currently on sale until February 12th for the grand total of: $3. Assuming that you can scrounge up that much cash, it's pretty well-worth it. I've spent about 8 hours playing it so far.

First off, you design your character and select load outs for each class: Pilot, Gunner, and Engineer.

The Pilot is the class that pilots a ship that you can name and design. You're in charge of navigating the airship and allowing your gunners to rain devastation on your foes.

The Gunner is the class that is specialized in using different ammo and reloading guns faster whose job it is to rain fire and brimstone on the enemy ships.

The Engineer is the class that is specialized in running around the ship, screaming and trying to fix everything that is going up in flames.

Each ship consists of 4 players: 1 Pilot(Is a must) and usually 1 Gunner and 2 Engineers.

The combat can consist of 1v1 up to (I believe), 3v3, if not 4v4.

They've been advertising through having popular Let's Player's on YouTube play the game competitively against one another. Simply by searching "Guns of Icarus", you'll see a wide variety of videos whether it's gameplay. JonTron's video here shows off the menu and the character design to a degree, if you're still curious.

Anyway, I know @Easy and @Tolvan have picked up the game and I have as well. Feel free to drop your Steam name here if you want to team up with a few folks!

List of Players
Forum Name | In-game name
Jeroth - Jeroth
Coolpool - Coolpool
Tolvan - ArchmageTolvan
Easy - Cieszewski (?)
Null Hypothesis - Null Hypothesis
Wilg3rtheCyan - ?

Last edited:

Null Hypothesis

Donor III
I saw a lets play type video that Team Four Star did of this game and it looked really fun if you had a team to play it with.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
I saw a lets play type video that Team Four Star did of this game and it looked really fun if you had a team to play it with.
It definitely is better when you have a team to work with! Honestly, a single crew is pretty nice and a lot of the players have been civil as of lately. It may have just been today, but we basically kept a random British guy as our mechanic and some newbie as our other one. It was great!

@Easy can vouch for the game. Him and I just played all day today.

Null Hypothesis

Donor III
So I bought this and played a few games with some random people and had a blast. I would be down for some sort of Mach clan thing.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
@Easy can vouch for the game. Him and I just played all day today.
Not just anybody's got what it takes to make it on Flying Shark Island.

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Made a clan Mach Entertainment. Now let me figure how to play the game. Seriously considering buying an additional 4 pack for anybody else who might become interested.

Ya'll should join so that it doesn't get disbanded.

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
I've already got a crew and we're 1 for 2. Looking forward to serving with you gentlemen.

Also might stream it. Game deserves more peeps playing it.

Null Hypothesis

Donor III
I played a couple games as gunner and a couple as engineer. Next I'll play a few as captain to see which position I like best. I like both gunner and engineer, though I need to test out some more types of turrets so I know which ones I'm good with.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
NULL STARTED LAUGHING AND SHOWED ME THE BIT ABOUT "DON'T LET TC DO ANYTHING".
Let's see you try, Friend.

Made a clan Mach Entertainment. Now let me figure how to play the game. Seriously considering buying an additional 4 pack for anybody else who might become interested.

Ya'll should join so that it doesn't get disbanded.
Nice! I'll definitely join it tomorrow and get the others too as well. I've been trying to tell Tirin to buy it, but I think he's busy with X-Com or just doesn't want to drop the $3. Who knows. @Tirin probably does.

I played a couple games as gunner and a couple as engineer. Next I'll play a few as captain to see which position I like best. I like both gunner and engineer, though I need to test out some more types of turrets so I know which ones I'm good with.
I went from Engineer > Pilot > Gunner to Gunner > Pilot > Engineer. While engineer is fun and keeps the ship alive, some of the guns you unlock after Novice? OH BOY. One of them is the Minotaur. It earns its name since its shots actually SHOVE the enemy ships direction-wise. Nothing is better than having a Goldfish with a heavy missile launcher on its front charging towards you and shooting it so that it veers off-course.

In the game that I used it, it was a lengthy game that lasted ~40 minutes. I was on a Galleon and we had a Mobula on our team. We were facing an enemy Galleon and a Goldfish. We were down by 2 kills, managed to separate and take down one before retreating. With the Sandstorms raging around us, we sent out volleys and tried to bait them out, rushed them before we managed to take down the enemy Galleon.

This game is so fun.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Nice! I'll definitely join it tomorrow and get the others too as well. I've been trying to tell Tirin to buy it, but I think he's busy with X-Com or just doesn't want to drop the $3. Who knows. @Tirin probably does.
Busy with class, ain't got time fo' dat.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
To tag onto that, my macbook from Mid-2010 can run it *mostly* fine. Piloting and gunning is fine, while I have some input lag & graphical stuttering with being an engineer.

Top Bottom