Hearthstone

AndyM03

Here's a thread to strengthen and build a hearthstone community out of this forum, because I am a cancer and I demand to grow. Since many of us will be new players, we will eventually host a BASIC DECK tournament, so all players will have an even playing field.
For now though, this thread will be to discuss our favourite decks and cards, our opinion on the meta, and our thoughts on the up coming expansion, The Whispers of the Old Gods.
Also if you'd just like to discuss the lore of the game, that's fine too.

BATTLETAGS

AndyM03 - Andym03#1509
Coolpool - Coolpool2#1981
The Hound - SideshowBob#1722
Rondait - Rondait#1804

Current New Card Discussion:
New Card Discussion.png

Last edited:

AndyM03

Ragnaros, the Lightlord triggered so many people that care about the Lore but it's such a fun card I really don't care. It was really surprising to see them turn an evil character to a good one and keep the effect interesting.

Renounce Darkness will probably be my favourite card in Hearthstone yet, simply due to it's inconsistency. I'm sure it'll be a ball to play with.

Ancient Shieldbearer seems like a shieldmaidan on steroids, but with one extra mana cost and requiring you to have a few C'Thun bolstering cards in the deck, i'm not sure if it'll be worth it.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
I am a big fan of Foe Reaper 4000. It was my first legendary and it's basically the reason I still use mech decks. Unstable portal has won me a lot of games, I also include pyroblast in all my mage decks. Recently I made a rogue deck with mimiron's head. I've never really played an aggro deck, I just like the pace of control decks better.

AndyM03

I don't really rate Pyroblast that highly, but then again I don't have Antonidas so I can't suggest a better alternative finisher, so I understand your using it under that assumption. Still dunno if I'd auto include it, it's probably way too slow for a tempo or mech mage I reckon.
Mimiron's head was my first legendary and he's so much fun. Fun fact, since he Voltron charge, if you have 10 mana and you have the return a friendly minion to your hand spare part, you can get 32 damage off from him. It's fuckin' amazing.

Last edited:

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
I don't have Antonidas, I think the only mage legendary I have is Rhonin. There are some good rogue Mimiron's head combos. Like shadow step, cold blood, etc. You could also do some faceless manipulator things too.

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
I actually might play Hearthstone again. I only played it a little bit once since I'm not really into card games, but I remember actually having fun with the Rogue character. The whole, "get a bigger blade" card and "coat your blade in poison" card combo was entertaining. I'd just wait and get shat on every single match until I could pull a combo out of my butt at the last second and deal a stupid amount of damage in one turn.

I wasn't interested in complex thinking or strategizing beyond that.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
New Rag is pimp and will fit into control paladin very nicely. Lorewise it's awesome because it continues to prove that paladin is righteous as fuck.

Renounce Darkness seems like it's a one-of at most. It seems like the only really good time to use it is when you don't have any answers or you've got a bunch of cheap, crappy warlock cards by bad luck.

Ancient Shieldbearer is a scaled-up C'Thun Shieldmaiden, it'll be good in C'Thun decks (which is where it's intended to be anyway) but nowhere else.

Pyroblast isn't that good, 'cause there are just better cards you could be running.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
When I get to higher ranks, I'll probably take out pyroblast, since two fireballs deal more damage for less mana cost, and there's also spell damage. Still fun as hell to end a game with one.

Walrus

I am really into card games. Don't play Hearthstone much, but I do play Netrunner online at http://jinteki.net. It's a bit more of a learning process to get into (more like Magic/Yugioh in complexity), but its got some absurd bluffing and playing online means you have access to all of the currently released cards (worth ~$300).

If there's any interest, I could make a separate thread for Netrunner and help to teach people how to play on Jinteki.net.

Last edited:

The Hound

Just Monika
In terms of the new expansion I'm going to be hesitant on it until I see it in action since I think the Ancient god cards will add either a decent basic deck for newbies, a completely OP deck for newbies and wussy pros (doubt it), or a completely useless newbie deck that won't change the meta in any major way. Regardless I'm excited because I love synergy cards and building a giant fucking god sounds awesome.

Also I think Renounce Darkness will only be run as a joke, not enough consistency and far too many shitty cards for anyone to really want to randomly replace their specially picked warlock cards even if those cards are reduced by 1 mana.

Also also I was with you with the idea of doing a little tournament until you said basic decks, fuck that if you want to win build a better deck. :p

EDIT: You guys were talking in the forumer thread about what decks you play so here's my list:
(in order of use)
Secret Paladin (my main squeeze)
RenoLock
Dragon Priest
Ramp Druid
Aggro Shammy
Midrange Pally
Aggro Hunter
Grim Patron (I built it before they nerfed it but I fucking sucked at it)

I've been thinking either next I want a Freeze Mage or I'll just focus on whatever the best new deck is.

Last edited:

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
So when you say basic decks, does that mean without any of the expansions like goblins and gnomes, naxxramus etc?

AndyM03

Yeah, the pre made ones. We can give that a go and then try another version, putting a dust limit on our decks while letting newer players run whatever they can get their hands on. Seems to me like the only people who could compete in a 'Wild' comp would be us 4, Me, Hound, CoolPool and Tirin. As much fun as I have smashing my mates with my virgin decks, I always make a cheap deck to even the playing field to really play with friends.

Damn Hound, I wish I had the cards to play all those decks. I really want a dragon priest but I can't be bothered saving up gold for Black Rock Mountain, as good as some of the cards are. I got the first wing for Thaurissian and called it a day. I really want a Zoolock deck as well but god knows if I'll ever get those cards.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
Well I wouldn't mind using a basic deck, if we had a little tournament I would probably just use a mimiron deck or a spell damage mage with pyroblasts and unstable portals just for fun. I wouldn't use something like a golden monkey deck though, I don't have the cards for that.

The Hound

Just Monika
Well the positive with Zoolock is the most basic version is very cheap, I had one I used when I was just starting out that was more than capable of handling up to rank 13 or so before getting completely fucked by insane net decks. It's just a matter of effort (and I did just buy the adventures when they came out with my money because I like single player modes in card games) and time. I've been playing a few times a week since it came out and as long as you do the dailies you'll be able to afford the deck you want fairly quickly assuming you're willing to dust all the shit cards on the way (even faster if you can parlay the gold you make into doing well in Arena because if you get 5 wins you get your gold back + dust + a pack).

EDIT: Oh and yea I'm fine with using the basics, it would be a total stomp if Tirin and I were bringing our Secret Pally's.

EDIT 2: Oh and Andy I loved my Dragon Priest deck, I was soooo close to building an all gold version of it when Secret Pally became a big thing and blew Dragon Priests away.

Top Bottom