Hearthstone

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
I'll play in your tourney, but I'll probably get rekt by Hearthstone's retarded as fuck RNG.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
I usually don't use too many RNG heavy decks. Although I could probably make a purely RNG deck if I really wanted to.

The Hound

Just Monika
Well they did nerf the two biggest RNG offenders in Yogg and Tuskar, so that helps.

I'm down for a tournament, could be pretty fun.

Maelstrom

Sorry to derail the thread a bit, but when I saw this, I literally said "HOOOO-LY SHIT" out loud. I still remember watching your art streams on ustream. It's insane that after all this time, that you've come back.

But anyway, my deck is too crap to join, I think it's basically the starting mage deck with a couple cards swapped in and out.
Yeah, I always wondered what happened to the forums. I went back to check a while ago and it was just a blog post or something. Good to see everyone's still alive; this is like Rugrats: All Growed Up. I'm no longer a dumb high schooler and I'm sure y'all are doing cool adult stuff like jobs and taxes. Probably gonna make a thread about it in the near future, I'm real curious about what everyone's been up to.

Don't worry, I'm gonna make up random-ass rules to level the playing field a bit. It'll be totally seat-of-my-pants, but we'll see how we do.

Last edited:

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
Man, I never realized how annoying it is to play against deathrattle rogue in wild. When Nzoth came out it summoned three sludge belchers. I had a foe reaper so I managed to clear all three, but then using a toxin my opponent took Nzoth back into their hand and played it again using a coin, filling the board once again.

Also it's really weird how quickly people give up in hearthstone. Even if when you're far from winning if you dominate the board too much some people just give up.

The Hound

Just Monika
Yikes that's a good reason not to play wild, that's terrifying. As for giving up it really depends on the matchup, I'll fight it out to the bitter end if I think the matchup might yield a chance for me to win but if it's a bad matchup and I'm behind already I normally just concede. Though I usually concede out of concern that I'm being rude and dragging on an unwinnable game that's already clearly over.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Looks like ladder's back to being only the most cancerous shit again. Make your fucking game better, Blizz.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Also it's really weird how quickly people give up in hearthstone. Even if when you're far from winning if you dominate the board too much some people just give up.
My most satisfying win was against a druid as a priest. I almost killed him and he had tree of life. He was winning and had me down to 8 health until he played Icehowl. Mind controlled it. I cleared his board and kept attacking him. I ended up winning right as he started to take fatigue.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
You know, there are two types of decks that I really hate in this game.
1. Decks where people just throw in a bunch of random legendaries.
2. Decks that run Reno Jackson.
I feel like I have to pay attention to see if my opponent has actually played a card twice during the game sometimes.

Also the new expansion is coming out in December. I'm kind of interested in running wind-up burglebot in one of my decks. Forget 4 mana 7/7, because we've got a 0 mana 7/7 now.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
1. Decks where people just throw in a bunch of random legendaries.
2. Decks that run Reno Jackson.
I feel like I have to pay attention to see if my opponent has actually played a card twice during the game sometimes.
1. Yes. I hated the brawl when I just saw Prince Malchezar. Especially 1/1 Alexstrasza just attacking you. It was incredibly satisfying to destroy that deck with just basic cards.

Also the new expansion is coming out in December. I'm kind of interested in running wind-up burglebot in one of my decks. Forget 4 mana 7/7, because we've got a 0 mana 7/7 now.
Oh boy. More shit that I can't afford and it makes the game even dumber.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
Anyone want to play some casual games sometime? Since I got knocked out early in that tournament I only got to play one person. I haven't really played hearthstone at all over the last few months though, I've been taking a break by playing other cards games like Shadowverse. I thought about getting into YuGiOh but I never got around to it.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
I thought about getting into YuGiOh but I never got around to it.
Speaking as somebody who played that game a long time ago, I wouldn't recommend it. It was fucked, and there are many better card games or other tabletop games that are less expensive and less shitty.

13thforsworn

So I logged into Hearthsotne todyay for the first time in almost a year because they were giving away some free golden card. It forced me to play some Return of the Hero thing that gave me three free booster packs. In the last pack, I got a golden Deathwing, which is cool because it's a recognizable character. Is it a good card though?

Top Bottom