Hot Takes General

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Christ, Lumpy. You getting Dunsparce this upset makes me wanna be an absolute rude savage to him. Wait... I've fucked up the thread again.

Weeb special: I've never watched FLCL and, after getting about three-quarters of the way through the first episode, decided that it wasn't for me.

AndyM03

I genuinely promise i'm not being a contrarian smart ass when I say this thread is meant to be a safe space for your hot takes, the man had his say, leave it at that or head to the other thread.

Anyways I have a hot take I feel extremely passionate about, but I can't say it better than this man.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
KICK HIS ASS, GENTLE CRIMINAL!

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
I really hate sjws. I feel like they ruin a lot of things. I just think that people are so blinded by their cause they forget their original purpose. Things like diversity of skin colour, not diversity of ideas. Diversity of gender, not diversity of skill. It's both funny and sad to see people ending up discriminating against people by trying to be "inclusive". I usually try to live and let live, but I honestly think it's kind of poisoning the world. When people try too hard to look inclusive or act respectful, they forget what true respectfulness and diversity means.

People are too afraid of offending other people. Or they think that they have the right to their opinion, but if someone has an opinion that's unpopular or that they disagree with then they don't have the right to have that opinion. It's a little sad how the world is filled with double standards and hypocrites.

Also gaming journalism sucks.

Dunsparce

niggerfaggot.png

My hot take: This is fucking stupid. If you deleted every post in this thread that was a response to somebody else, this thread would be half as long. But I guess I've just got a persecution complex, right? It's not like this shit only happens to me.

Requiem

My posts from earlier responding to the anime discussion were moved into a thread of their own a few weeks back. It's not just you, Dunsparce.

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
View attachment 702

My hot take: This is fucking stupid. If you deleted every post in this thread that was a response to somebody else, this thread would be half as long. But I guess I've just got a persecution complex, right? It's not like this shit only happens to me.
Sorry dude, just drawing an arbitrary line in the Sand to enforce. Seems like moderation on this forum is like that since we have such a lax stance. I probably wouldn't have done anything if you had posted another hot take after you made your comment.

Hot take: I just don't understand what the point to gender identity is. I think nonbinary genders are stupid. What gender we identify as should have no bearing on who we are.

Ibix

Gender dysphoria is a hell of a disorder. People get pretty weird with it and I think that is at times compounded by having perfectly healthy people telling them there are more than two genders/biological sexes in the case of people that call extra/fewer chromosomes different sexes/genders.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
Yeah I have to agree with that. I also think Dunsparce's post getting deleted is kind of unnecessary, but I guess it doesn't matter too much either way.

Firedemon

The majority of parents are wildly incompetent and people thinking they are inherently better at dealing with children because they are parents is an unrecognized, egregious, and ubiquitous form of arrogance.

Not saying that I'm any better with children, but I'm just tired of parents being like "you don't have kids do you?" when their little screeching protohumans are asking to go to the bathroom and I let them. "If your little hellions don't have to pee, why did you let them go pee? I just don't want to deal with it if I'm wrong."

Hm, maybe this is also something that should go in the work thread...

D

Deleted member 13

Unregsistered User
The majority of parents are wildly incompetent and people thinking they are inherently better at dealing with children because they are parents is an unrecognized, egregious, and ubiquitous form of arrogance.
Oh god, yes.

I've always thought most people should just willingly admit to themselves that their base instincts are wrong and they are, in fact, not actually qualified to take care of children.

Dunsparce

Alright, look. It's been like two years now. Can we please just admit that Obama isn't black? He was born in god damn Hawaii, none of his ancestors were slaves (at least not in America), he was raised in Indonesia or some shit. He's pretty much the least black person in the country who's still technically black. I know you all wanted that milestone of the first black president, but did it really have to be him? Maybe we can retroactively take that title away from him when Kanye West gets elected in 2024.

Requiem

Solo should have come out this December instead of randomly in the middle of the year when no one was gonna watch it. Disney doesn't realize that they've essentially made December their "Star Wars Month" for lack of a better term.

Probably not that hot of a take, all things considered.

Top Bottom