[Literature] Hound of Forumville: The Complete First Act!

Rondait

It's 12:08 at night and my actual show for Sherlock starts Monday. What a better time to redo/finish the Hound of Forumville! There will be a few...casting changes in order to make the story fit in with forum lore a teeny bit better, but most of it should be the same. Some ground rules I'll go ahead and write down for myself now:
No one in Forumville has powers. Yes, Tirin will get cold.
I'm a lazy bum, and if you think for a moment I'm going to go in and color peoples text in you're wrong. I did that once, but not right now. I"m dedicated to simply writing this while I wait for Salvaging III to finish training in Eve Online.
No, this is not a copy paste of my script for the show, though some characters correlate. If I call Melody Sherlock or Wolfy Leah, then my mistake, just let me know and I'll change it.

Now Without Further ado, I'll go ahead and write out a cast list of sorts to help you guys, and me, keep track of characters

MELODY, a sharp prickly female detective with uncanny abilities.

TIRIN, her smart and lovable sidekick

RECONMASTER, Melody's sort-of employer on the force. Tough. Smart.

NIFTY NINJA, the wife of the dead TC. A wealthy sophisticate.

THE HOUND, Nifty's meek assistant.

TC:, dead man with a secret/dead solider with a past

WOLFY (RED REPORTER), Tirin's girlfriend. Bright, ambitious.

ALICE LANDOW, Melody's mother. A wacky housewife.

VANCE LANDOW, Melody's father. A dairy farmer.

LEGENDARY ME, a short order cook in a sleazy diner.

ABBYKA, a waitress at that diner. LM's wife

FANTABADGER, TC's secretary. Dumb. Sexy. You know, a secretary.

DR. CIFLIT, head researcher at Claw Pharmaceuticals. Also of a secret project.

DR. WHITETIGER, a young researcher on the secret project.

DR. 13'TH, an older researcher with a memory longer than the others. Knows something.

ADORABLEMUFFIN, a wedding planner.

ARTIST, her over the top assistant.

REQ, a handyman with a shadowy past that will unlock everything.

SHADOW, an insanely wealthy associate of TC's.

SIDESHOW BOB, a wealthy associate of TC's affected by the hackings.

DANNY, a wealthy associate of TC's affected by the hackings.

ANDY, a wealthy associate of TC affected by the hackings.

ROB, a wealthy associate of TC affected by the hackings.

WILGER, a gruff social services employee.

ENSEMBLE:that plays assorted roles like REPORTERS, PARTYGOERS, MEDICAL TEST SUBJECTS, BASKERVILLE EMPLOYEES, RESEARCHERS
SHIZNO
REGIS
LAHIEM
TROPAG
TAG
ANYONE ELSE I FEEL LIKE ADDING
Posts will be below.

Rondait

Also, whoever made this "Mayor Tirin" filter is getting a swift middle finger. I'll be writing T1RIN now. Anyways, I have notes for what i did write on a notepad file i emailed myself from my dads luckily, which will make this a bit quicker. Still have to retype what I edited out of it and whatnot, but then I can finish it.

And I lied, I'm not posting it all at once, sleep would be nice...I'll do at least a scene a day though.

Darkness.

Then: the light flashes of reporter cameras. Quick, many.

Then: PROJECTION: A newspaper, The Inquirer, and its headline: HACKER SYNDICATE MAKES FORUMVILLE HOME.

Then: light finds RECON, on one of the balconies, with reporters asking questions below.

RECON

One at a time, one at a time.

You. In the green.

SHIZNO

Inspector Recon, how many of the recent hacking incidents are being attributed to this new syndicate?

RECON

At the moment, we aren’t able to say with 100 perfect confidence that they are all attributed –

(reporter hubbub)

-- but. BUT. We are working from the assumption that they are. Next question.

REGIS

Do you believe this goes all the way back to the information breach at Claw Pharmaceuticals a year and a half ago?

RECON

We haven’t necessarily connected those dots, dog. The Claw Pharmaceuticals –

REGIS

Is it because the breach there was purely informational or was it –

RECON

The Claw hacking incident does not fit the profile of the current string of hackings. Next question. Red shirt.

REGIS

But a major Forumville corporation had their highly secure computer systems breached and information was extracted. I know in the current cases, it’s money –

RECON

At this point, Regis, we don’t believe they’re connected.

Red shirt.

WOLFY

ShadowCorp is the most recent corporation, yes?

RECON

Yes.

WOLFY

And ShadowCorp makes six. Six hackings in six months. Each corporation losing millions of dollars.

RECON

That is correct.

WOLFY

Is the Forumville Police Department ready to release the name allegedly associated with the hacking syndicate, or do you plan on keeping that to yourselves until there’s a seventh?

RECON

How’d your know about the name, Wolfy?

WOLFY

Sources.

RECON

From inside the department?

WOLFY

Sources.

Look, Inspector Recon, almost 13 million dollars have been stolen from six major corporations in Forumville without a single lock being broken. If there’s a name –

RECON

If you got that information from someone inside the department –

WOLFY

If there’s a name. You should share it.

RECON

Rondait.

In the ShadowCorp hacking, one of the hackers – we don’t believe this is a lone hacker working this string of crimes – one of them left behind a bit of digital information, a digital fingerprint, with the name “Rondait.”

We’ve looked, but there’s no Rondait in any database we can think of. This name appears, but the man…

Well, the man doesn’t seem to exist.

The Forumville Police Department is doing everything in its power…

The lights start to shift, and in another area of the stage, a woman – NIFTY NINJA, is watching a newscast. She looks very worried.

Recon and reporters start to fade into black, and Recon's voice continues on the television.

A younger man, THE HOUND, her personal assistant, watches behind.

RECON'S VOICE

… doing everything in its power to discover the identities of the hackers involved. We are putting all of our resources into this. We will find these guys.

NIFTY clicks off the TV.

NIFTY

Does that name mean anything to you, Hound?

HOUND

Rondait? No.

NIFTY

Where’s Thunder Claw?

HOUND

I believe he’s in the garden, Mrs. Nifty.

NIFTY

The garden?

HOUND

He received a call and took it in the garden.

NIFTY

I see.

Hound, in the morning I want you to cancel my meeting with the asbergers charity. They wont care anyway.

HOUND

Yes, ma’am.

NIFTY

And can you get me an appointment with Frilzer? I need a guided meditation.

HOUND

Yes, Ma’am.

NIFTY

I don’t like secrets. I hate that TC keeps secrets.

HOUND

Everyone has secrets, Mrs.Ninja.

Can I get you tea? There’s some freshly made. Your husband had a cup.

NIFTY

Nothing. I’m fine for the night, HOUND.

Crossfade to the garden. TC on his cell, descending one of the staircases into a dark night.

TC (on cell)

I’m aware of the difficulty, but the difficulty is why I’m paying you what I’m paying you… I don’t care what the police are saying. Recon is an idiot. They’re connected, and I want to know who’s behind it.

Look, the six corporations that have been hit by this hacker, this… Rondait… They’re the six partners I had in Claw Consulting. The six partners I was working with when…

It happened.

We’re next. They’re going to hit us next, and they’re going to hit us hard, and I want to find out who’s behind it before –

A weird, low growl is heard. TC stops.

TC (cont., on phone)

Hold it, hold it.

Nothing. Thought I heard something.

Just find them. Him. Whoever it is. Find them and stop them before they do whatever they plan to do to me and Claw Pharmaceuticals.

He hangs up. He’s alone in the garden.

He breathes deeply.

The growl again.

TC (cont.)

Hello?

Who’s there?

The growl again. Louder. A rustle of leaves. Then red light hits TC's face.

He sees something awful, and not of the forum variety

TC (cont.)

Oh my god… OH MY GOD!

An awful unearthly growl, like a hound from hell.TC covers his face and screams.

The lights go out.

Top Bottom